6 mos later - in same boat. HOW TO STAY GOOD ON WEEKENDS?!

Options
2»

Replies

• MickyMo
    MickyMo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Weekends are why my weigh in days are Thursday. lol

Hmmmm, maybe I should make my weigh in day Sunday????
  • MickyMo
    Options
    MickyMo wrote: »
    I don't even drink a lot with family, it's just with my ex husband who lives down the street. :)
    Maybe find a better activity on Saturday night? He's your ex for a reason. ;)

hahahahahaha!!!!!!!! EXACTLY! That's all we had in common - we were more buddies than husb/wife. We always had parties and people over. I didn't want that anymore, yet I found myself still doing it just by myself. Only makes me feel more lonely and more stupid!! THEN SUNDAY I WANT TO EAT CARBS!!
  • MickyMo
    Options
    I love salads too. I just can't order ranch dressing anymore. I like Italian now. Is vinegar and oil that much different? That has NO calories, correct?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I like structure. At work I am a clock watcher. I eat breakfast at the same time, lunch normally at the same time, etc. When I'm home and with 5 kids, I'm all over the place - sometimes literally. But what I've realized is that having a few cocktails Saturday night is making me much more hungry the next day. Sundays become so depressing because all I do is sit home, watch TV and eat. The kids are all out of the house and at their Dad's and I'm left alone, feeling fat and unmotivated.

go do something....

in my previous incarnation..prior to getting my *kitten* together a few years ago, I spent weekends doing pretty much nothing...sitting around watching movies or t.v. or sports and drinking beer and eating and chain smoking cigarettes.

Now my weekends are my prime time to be active. Weekends are when I can fit in a long ride on my bike...or a hike in the mountains...or spend a little more time in the gym lifting. Weekends are when I like to throw the kids in the bike trailer and take off down the trail to the zoo...get a good 25 mile round trip with a couple hours walking about the zoo. Weekends are a time when, instead of sitting around the house drinking wine, my wife and I hop on our bikes and do a little tour of our village which has 4 wineries and do a little wine and bike tour. Weekends are also when I do most of my big work in the yard or any other major projects that tend to get me moving.

Moral of the story...use your weekends to get up and go. I don't remember the last time I sat down and watched more than 30 minutes of television...it's been a long time.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I like structure. At work I am a clock watcher. I eat breakfast at the same time, lunch normally at the same time, etc. When I'm home and with 5 kids, I'm all over the place - sometimes literally. But what I've realized is that having a few cocktails Saturday night is making me much more hungry the next day. Sundays become so depressing because all I do is sit home, watch TV and eat. The kids are all out of the house and at their Dad's and I'm left alone, feeling fat and unmotivated.

go do something....

in my previous incarnation..prior to getting my *kitten* together a few years ago, I spent weekends doing pretty much nothing...sitting around watching movies or t.v. or sports and drinking beer and eating and chain smoking cigarettes.

Now my weekends are my prime time to be active. Weekends are when I can fit in a long ride on my bike...or a hike in the mountains...or spend a little more time in the gym lifting. Weekends are when I like to throw the kids in the bike trailer and take off down the trail to the zoo...get a good 25 mile round trip with a couple hours walking about the zoo. Weekends are a time when, instead of sitting around the house drinking wine, my wife and I hop on our bikes and do a little tour of our village which has 4 wineries and do a little wine and bike tour. Weekends are also when I do most of my big work in the yard or any other major projects that tend to get me moving.

Moral of the story...use your weekends to get up and go. I don't remember the last time I sat down and watched more than 30 minutes of television...it's been a long time.

This is exactly what I said in my post up a ways.

Don't be the person who, when you get back to work on Monday morning, answers the "What did you do this weekend?" question with ... "Oh ... ummm ... not much ..." Be the person who did something this weekend! :)

• MickyMo
    Options
    Well I'm not quite there yet.