Weight Loss with Heavy Lifting Success stories? Pics?

Options
124»

Replies

• fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 10 more pounds since this picture and about 6 inches...still have about 8% more body fat and 20 more pounds I would like to lose but I really like what I'm seeing so far :bigsmile:

k9dpzeggzu.jpg

I'm envious :bigsmile:
    I wish I had arms like that. Maybe some day. :sad:
  • niqua215
    niqua215 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    What do you guys eat to get the extra protein?

Protein powderrrr!! Hahaha, but yes...a good protein shake for breakfast and/or after a work out if definitely how I get my extra protein. I naturally get protein from lean meats, eggs, and peanut butter! I have completely switched from ground beef to ground turkey so that helps out big time. I also always keep a stash of hard boiled eggs on hand for a protein-boosted snack.

Thanks I have my protein powder in hand for after my workout today.
  • CactusF1ower
    CactusF1ower Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Work in progress:
    130->130 comparison
    untitled.JPG
    the fact that you are the same weight in both pics is an awesome illustration of what lifting weights can do for one! Amazing!
  • MrsSouthernGuns
    Options
    I have lost about 10 more pounds since this picture and about 6 inches...still have about 8% more body fat and 20 more pounds I would like to lose but I really like what I'm seeing so far :bigsmile:

k9dpzeggzu.jpg
    look at those guns!!! You look fantastic! Great work!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    This woman is my inspiration: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/californiagirl2012
    She started as frumpy as I was, she worked out with weights and kept a small calorie deficit. My biggest regret in my weight loss was that I concentrated on cardio to lose weight, neglecting the strength part. I should have been doing both.
  • nanaslug
    nanaslug Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    andreae13 wrote: »

k9dpzeggzu.jpg

You look fantastic and healthy and beautiful!! I hope you are so proud of yourself :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the huge images. This is 30-33 pounds lost. Heavy weight training, first starting with a trainer then doing Wendler's 5/3/1 for a few months, and now doing PHUL and working on a recomp. This is about a year's progress.

uhke1d160y57.jpg

rgv8setmqq13.jpg

p8bgfchjd95y.jpg
  • cindys921
    cindys921 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Were you eating at maintenance or a deficit?

arditarose wrote: »
    Sorry for the huge images. This is 30-33 pounds lost. Heavy weight training, first starting with a trainer then doing Wendler's 5/3/1 for a few months, and now doing PHUL and working on a recomp. This is about a year's progress.

uhke1d160y57.jpg

rgv8setmqq13.jpg

p8bgfchjd95y.jpg

• Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Okay so I can't figure out how to upload pics from mobile so here's the links, lol. This is after 3 months of progressive lifting and a calorie deficit. 23 pounds lost so far.

https://imageshack.us/i/id1wqCQWj

https://imageshack.us/i/exoLUKpZj

Still a ways to go but decent progress so far, I think.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    cindys921 wrote: »
    You look awesome! Were you eating at maintenance or a deficit?

uhke1d160y57.jpg

rgv8setmqq13.jpg

p8bgfchjd95y.jpg

Thanks! Basically a deficit. When I took the "after" pics I had only been in maintenance for a week. I started losing 2 lbs a week, then 1, then .5. It was very slow going in the end but I think it helped save more muscle and allowed me to have DECENT work outs (I was definitely tired at a deficit and lifting once I got below 135, kind of why I gave up). Starting was fine though, lots of energy and I did cardio so I always ate my calories back.
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    CoderGal wrote: »
    Work in progress:
    130->130 comparison
    untitled.JPG

WOW! That is great work, you look amazing!
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options

uhke1d160y57.jpg

rgv8setmqq13.jpg

p8bgfchjd95y.jpg

Your body is to die for! <3
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Lookin' good per usual, arditarose! =p

And everyone else who has posted in here....amazing and very motivating! :open_mouth:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!