Net calories

Options
13»

Replies

• FullofTrixie
    FullofTrixie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I wouldn't want to lose at 2lbs a week though because my LBM is precious to me...I'd go for 1lb

I have no problem trying for 2 pounds I do not feel like I am starving. I do a little light weights because I want to look good toned. I feel if I go to 1 lb a week it would take me forever to reach my goal.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I wouldn't want to lose at 2lbs a week though because my LBM is precious to me...I'd go for 1lb

I have no problem trying for 2 pounds I do not feel like I am starving. I do a little light weights because I want to look good toned. I feel if I go to 1 lb a week it would take me forever to reach my goal.

It doesn't matter how you feel, the faster you lose weight with less to lose the quicker you will lose LBM ...every pound of scale weight lost is made up of fat, LBM and water ...you need to minimise the LBM

Those little light weights are doing nothing for you ..they are useless...you need to lift heavy...

Muscles don't "tone" ..you're merely talking about having a lower body fat percentage and a decent musculature
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    There's a few important things here. Have you fully set up your Fitbit profile? Age, weight, stride length? If so it much more accurate than you think. You're probably moving more than you're aware.
    Just a couple of other things. Make sure your Fitbit setting is to lose 1or 2lbs a week. The same as you've chosen on here and you're good to go. You don't have to eat all the calories back but you will still lose weight if you eat all or most of them.
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Ok now I am lost if someone that walks 38000 gets 600 extra and I think I am at 12000 and I have 600 extra how does that work? I just do not want to over or under eat. I am losing but I try not to go into the extra calories to much. Maybe I am over analyzing. Gadgets make things so difficult. I am set for negative adjustment so I guess I will just do as I am doing.

Height, stride length and weight are the calorie burn factors for walking/steps. I am right under5', so at my current weight for instance, 13,500 steps comes out to 356 calories burned. I would have to guess that is the difference between the two of you. All I know is it stinks to be short where walking is concerned ;)