I made my own Smoothie recipe, but is it any good?

Options
2»

Replies

• VitaTofuVegamin
    VitaTofuVegamin Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Most of that will be personal preference. I try for more protein and fat in the mornings because it keeps me fuller through the day and because I struggle to get enough protein if I don't have it with breakfast. If this smoothie works for you, then it's fine.

I'm Type II and monitor my blood glucose levels, and like some but not all diabetics and pre-diabetics, I find that my blood glucose levels tend to be highest in the mornings, before I eat. Focusing on protein/fat in the mornings helps stabilize my blood glucose levels (diabetic or not, stable blood glucose levels makes it easier to lose weight according to my book sources). My meter confirms that I can consume more carbs later in the day without spiking. I realize this topic is not intended to address those with diabetes, but I throw this comment into the mix because more and more people are developing issues with their blood glucose levels, so carb timing could be important to more people than realize it.

• lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    For me, I think that the calorie count is a bit high for breakfast. I make smoothies every morning for breakfast and it usually ends up being about 250-300 calories. I don't like to use milk, I prefer water so I save those calories. I also love using chia seeds too.