P90X for Ladies

Options
2»

Replies

• BADAS5
    BADAS5 Posts: 26
    Options
    Haha, I love it... I will definitely have to give it a go around and show him that I have it in me! I think mostly he just doesn't want to borrow his P90X program to me and surprisingly no, he is not a chauvinistic pig. Thanks for all of the feedback, I am excited to start!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Haha, I love it... I will definitely have to give it a go around and show him that I have it in me! I think mostly he just doesn't want to borrow his P90X program to me and surprisingly no, he is not a chauvinistic pig. Thanks for all of the feedback, I am excited to start!

So, he actually OWNS P90X and didn't notice the women in every single workout? Uuuhhh???:huh:
    LOL, well, I know more women, (including myself) that have finished the the classic program than men. I also know 4 men that I can think of off of the top of my head that have all said that they couldn't finish the program. So, there you go. Maybe he just doesn't want you to show him up, which I am certain you could do. SO, DO IT!
  • Scarletfire1970
    Scarletfire1970 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    He's wrong. Day 55 for me. I still can't do unassisted pullups, but I am getting there. I can do alot more pushups now. And today, I was finally able to do Crane! Anyone who does the Yoga X knows what I am talking about. Give it a try. Also, if you do, don't expect to see weight loss results right away. That usually happens in day 60-90 for most people. But you will notice changes such as losing inches and getting stronger throughout the program. Just don't focus only on the scale. Too many women I know quit this program because of it. You will get results, just stick with it.
  • BADAS5
    BADAS5 Posts: 26
    Options
    Good to know. Of course I am interested in losing weight but I guess I am more concerned with losing inches, toning up and overall just feelling healthy and strong.

I love yoga and was super excited when I was finally able to accomplish Crane! Now I would really like to be able to do side crane, which apparently is easier for some, not me thats for sure.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Ignore your brother. A quick look at the website will show you that many, many women have successfully done P90X. Every single DVD has a woman in it doing the exercises too. Yes, men have greater upper body strength than women and the push ups and pull ups might be a challenge but I think they'll be a challenge for anyone not used to doing them.

I just finished my first round of P90X and while I did modify many things I did them all. My husband started it and only did a couple of workouts before quitting. My 17 year old daughter did P90X with me and also finished. We can both do more of the exercises now than we could when we started. That's progress and that's what the program is about: progressing your fitness level.

And if girls can't do pushups someone should tell my Taekwondo teacher because he makes all of us (young, old, male, female) do 20 pushups on our knuckles during warmups for every class. I'd been doing that for two years before I ever even heard about P90X. :)

Go ahead and do it! Then you'll be able to give your brother a good swift kick or smack when he's says something stupid like that! :)
  • kseier
    kseier Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i've done p90x. ANYONE can do p90x. if someone is 300 lbs, and they can only do 3 minutes of it, THEY can do p90x. everyday just do more. :)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I just completed my fourth round of P90X Classic side by side with my husband. I didn't spend most of the hours watching the DVD's, I pushed myself to do the workouts.
  • karq85
    karq85 Posts: 7
    Options
    No, the program is not designed for women. I did it a year ago and found that I had to modify a lot of the workouts because I was putting on too much bulk in my shoulders and arms, which was not very lady-like :)

That does not mean you shouldn't do it. I loved how strong I got from it, how much more flexible I was, and how healthy I was.

No workout is designed for everyone, just modify to meet your goals. The workouts can still kick your *kitten*, even if you do one less rep of arm work.