How to gain weight in your booty?

Options
ladybluu562
ladybluu562 Posts: 42 Member
Just wondering how? Is there a special diet for that? Loool or is it all Exercise?

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Calorie surplus and heavy squats and deadlifts may help. However, genetics will largely determine where your body likes to gain weight, in the same way it will determine where you lose it. There is no special diet that will spot-gain in the same way there is no special diet to spot-reduce.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Eating in surplus + a program like Strong Curves can definitely help. Hip thrusts, glute bridges, squats and deadlifts are your best friends.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Was this a serious question? Did I just read that someone wants to "gain weight" in their butt only? LOL

Sorry for being blunt.. I just had to go there..
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    Was this a serious question? Did I just read that someone wants to "gain weight" in their butt only? LOL

Not sure what is so laughable about this. I don't see anything wrong with someone wanting to build bigger glutes. In fact that was my primary objective when I was bulking, and I achieved it with fantastic results. B)
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

Not sure what is so laughable about this. I don't see anything wrong with someone wanting to build bigger glutes. In fact that was my primary objective when I was bulking, and I achieved it with fantastic results. B)

Excellently put. Absolutely hate when a genuine person looks for advice in this forum and all they get back is hate and abuse.
  • kiyapiya
    kiyapiya Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »

Excellently put. Absolutely hate when a genuine person looks for advice in this forum and all they get back is hate and abuse.

Agreed
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »

Lol at one comment being "all they get back is hate and abuse"

If you look they got two helpful answers and one idiot - way to exaggerate.

OP the first two replies nailed it.

• schpitt
    schpitt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It wasn't hateful or abusive, just surprise. I also find big *kitten* unattractive.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    ^ Nobody cares what you find attractive. Sorry to squash your ego.

Strong Curves!
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    1) Heavy squats
    2) Shake it all about
    3) Eat well
    4) Ask Nicki Minaj for further advice
  • schpitt
    Options
    dakotababy wrote: »
    ^ Nobody cares what you find attractive. Sorry to squash your ego.

How do you figure that? Your predicate doesn't relate to the complement.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. When I lost weight, my previously full booty went flat and deflated. I did(and still do) a lot of lower-body focused work (squats, deadlifts, lunges, good Mornings, glute bridges, donkey kicks, etc) and eat adequate protein and calories. Its looking better:)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    the derp is amazing sometimes….

you really can't spot increase, just like you can't spot reduce.

eat more + lift more = gain more …

so squats, deadlifts, lunges, good mornings. I would like up strong curves by Bret Conterras (sp)
  • schpitt
    Options
    Sorry for off topic again, but I just want to point out that half the people complaining of abuse are the only ones being abusive.

You may criticise the statement but not the person, the latter is called abuse.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Eating in surplus + a program like Strong Curves can definitely help. Hip thrusts, glute bridges, squats and deadlifts are your best friends.

This
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    IDK OP, your weight ticker tells me that this booty increase you want more likely won't happen with that much weight to lose first.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    IDK OP, your weight ticker tells me that this booty increase you want more likely won't happen with that much weight to lose first.

nice spot :laugh:
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    glute development = wide stance (low bar) squats
  • Brolympus
    Brolympus Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Squats. Deadlifts. Leg Presses (w/ a high foot position).
  • ricardo510diaz
    ricardo510diaz Posts: 64 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Squats are a little overrated for booty gains unless you're going to squat all the way down like hams touching calves, if not, your quads are doing most of the work as the glutes are activated the most beyond parallel - most people don't have the flexibility to safely do this, you can practice without weight to get into a resting squat, but you'll most likely find this very difficult in the beginning. Contrary to popular belief a full, deep squat once you have the hip flexibility is safer on the knees than a parallel or above parallel squat.

Two exercises that will really build your glutes are barbell hip thrusts (activating more glute muscle fibers than any other exercise) and *Romanian* deadlift focusing more on the hamstrings and glutes than a conventional deadlift. The Romanian deadlift will take some practice but it'll build a beautiful backside. Squats and normal deadlifts will definitely help build a solid lower body, but you may find the hip thrusts and RDL's to build them much better. Also, you have to make sure to eat at a surplus; two words: Peanut Butter.