Michelle Obama wants to remake s'mores

Options
kxbrown27
kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
She wants to replace the chocolate and marshmallows with vanilla yogurt and strawberries, thus turning a s'more into not a s'more. No thank you.

http://www.syracuse.com/food/index.ssf/2015/05/smores_without_chocolate_marshmallows_obama_myplate.html

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    What ever shall we do?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Thanks Obama
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    She's an idiot. She has no nutritional education, and sits there demanding all these changes. Complete idiot, imo. I really enjoy the "school lunches make kids fat" argument she throws out 24/7. And the king size candy bars that make people obese overnight.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Just had smores a couple days ago, not changing that awesomeness thank you very much :p
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    The new Oreo smores are absolutely amazing. I killed half a package last night, and will probably finish the rest tonight. I am pissed off at the small amount they give you when buying one of the "limited" flavors.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    kxbrown27 wrote: »
    She wants to replace the chocolate and marshmallows with vanilla yogurt and strawberries, thus turning a s'more into not a s'more. No thank you.

http://www.syracuse.com/food/index.ssf/2015/05/smores_without_chocolate_marshmallows_obama_myplate.html

That's not a s'more ...

....however I would try it, it might be good.

• kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    It might be good but only if you don't call it a s'more. Those have chocolate and marshmallows. It's the law.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I hate s'mores and now I want them more than ever.
    r5lvx9ryn73w.jpg
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I made s'mores a few years ago with Reeses PB cups. I've never really liked s'mores, but that was amazing!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    We went to a campfire with another family who have not camped much before. They brought Ghirardelli squares instead of Hershey's chocolate. Those were some tasty s'mores!
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    No.

And what MFP entry did they look at that lists a S'more having 268 calories? [ETA: This entry is listed as the calories for 2 S'mores. I guess the stacker marshmallows are a little smaller. But the article should mention that it's for two.]

1 Jet Puffed Marshmallow - 25 cal
    1 sheet of Honey Maid Graham Crackers - 65 cals
    3 pips from a Hershey bar - 60 cals

That's 150 in my book. So I'm gonna have two. Sorry not sorry.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I just mixed chocolate chips, Golden Grahams and mini marshmallows for a type of s'mores trail mix. It was excellent. I'm thinking adding some pretzel sticks for a little salt kick.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I don't think it will catch on.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    kxbrown27 wrote: »

That's not a s'more ...

....however I would try it, it might be good.

It would make a good substitute ice cream sandwich if frozen.

• AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Speaking of chocolate chips- a toasted marshmallow between two chocolate chip cookies is also delicious.

And I second @Queenmunchy, if you've never made a S'more with a peanut butter cup it's high time you got on that.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    When I was a girl scout and we went camping, instead of graham crackers, Hershey's & marshmallows, we used All Abouts & marshmallows.
    All abouts are shortbread cookies with chocolate on the bottom. Very similar to the current Thanks-A-lots - just a different shape.
    Those were great for s'mores.
  • zhvah18
    zhvah18 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I made s'mores a few years ago with Reeses PB cups. I've never really liked s'mores, but that was amazing!

I've done that, it was the best s'mores ever.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    She can make that if she wants, just don't call it a s'more.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I imagine this happening while eating the Obama s'more
    mayo-rub-o.gif
  • Jaxxie1181
    Jaxxie1181 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    She's an idiot. She has no nutritional education, and sits there demanding all these changes. Complete idiot, imo. I really enjoy the "school lunches make kids fat" argument she throws out 24/7. And the king size candy bars that make people obese overnight.

She's an "idiot" who has a way better looking body, and better fitness stamina, than I do, so obviously she knows something. Also, don't forget, every First Lady is hooked up with some sort of pet project. Michelle Obama's just happens to be healthy diet and being physically active. Considering the fact that most American kids are overweight, it seems like a noble goal. Anyway, I'll bow out now, since this will clearly take a very ugly political turn and I happen to like and respect the Obamas, so...yeah.

This discussion has been closed.