Replies

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Troutsy wrote: »
    kxbrown27 wrote: »
    She wants to replace the chocolate and marshmallows with vanilla yogurt and strawberries, thus turning a s'more into not a s'more. No thank you.

http://www.syracuse.com/food/index.ssf/2015/05/smores_without_chocolate_marshmallows_obama_myplate.html

That's not a s'more ...

....however I would try it, it might be good.

It would make a good substitute ice cream sandwich if frozen.

mmmm... I didn't think to freeze it. Good idea! I may try this non-s'more this weekend.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    First Lady Michelle Obama is a great advocate for our kids and americans in general to get our bodies to move more and put nutritional food into it.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    Jaxxie1181 wrote: »
    She's an idiot. She has no nutritional education, and sits there demanding all these changes. Complete idiot, imo. I really enjoy the "school lunches make kids fat" argument she throws out 24/7. And the king size candy bars that make people obese overnight.

She's an "idiot" who has a way better looking body, and better fitness stamina, than I do, so obviously she knows something. Also, don't forget, every First Lady is hooked up with some sort of pet project. Michelle Obama's just happens to be healthy diet and being physically active. Considering the fact that most American kids are overweight, it seems like a noble goal. Anyway, I'll bow out now, since this will clearly take a very ugly political turn and I happen to like and respect the Obamas, so...yeah.

well said. she has great arms and shoulders. she is a great role model.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Mess with my smores

c763e3c73a399987574cc00cd64865b5b165aa2bfd30896143547e81cf07c8c9.jpg
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    It's Obama's fault
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not going to touch this except to say that S'mores without chocolate is like sex, by yourself.

Rigger
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    this is how I'll be remaking s'mores, this summer.

DSCN4303_a.jpg
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I think it looks pretty tasty. However, it's not a s'more and therefore should not be referred to as such. No marshmallow, no chocolate, no s'more. It's simply graham crackers, yogurt, and strawberries. I'd choose a s'more over that any day, if my macros allowed (and sometimes even if they didn't).
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    NOPE! Former chocolatier here who made these - made my own marshmallow, absolutely not. I know I get preachy preachy with healthful eating but there's no way in hell a s'more is anything but its original ingredients. She can kiss my a** on that one.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    changing s'mores?

image.jpg
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    The new Oreo smores are absolutely amazing. I killed half a package last night, and will probably finish the rest tonight. I am pissed off at the small amount they give you when buying one of the "limited" flavors.
    Man, I can't wait to pick these up.

Easter may be over, but I highly recommend Peeps S'mores.

• mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I had my first s'more in forever this week. Nope, not turning back now. I will be trying the peanut butter cup s'more this weekend. :p
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    The new Oreo smores are absolutely amazing. I killed half a package last night, and will probably finish the rest tonight. I am pissed off at the small amount they give you when buying one of the "limited" flavors.

When something's that good, I'm kind of glad they don't give you more to do more damage with.

• ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    She's an "idiot" who has a way better looking body, and better fitness stamina, than I do, so obviously she knows something.

No offense, but having a better body than someone else is not some sort of nutrition credential. Her initiatives have mostly been idiotic. This latest initiative is like bad humor. She has been known to eat junk food so why is she telling everyone else they can't? And studies have shown that telling people they "can't eat X" isn't effective anyway.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

I thought they tasted like sadness. I was so disappointed.

And now I am making smores tonight because of this thread. Thanks Obama.
  • Naley2322
    Naley2322 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    except she meant more as a healthy alternative not to completely eradicate smores....they sound good to me!

I see it as Hey instead of giving your child 10 smores with 0 nutrients give them 5 regular smores and 5 of Michelle obamas healthier ones! or for a quick healthy snack during the day make michelle obamas smroes!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Naley2322 wrote: »
    except she meant more as a healthy alternative not to completely eradicate smores....they sound good to me!

I see it as Hey instead of giving your child 10 smores with 0 nutrients give them 5 regular smores and 5 of Michelle obamas healthier ones! or for a quick healthy snack during the day make michelle obamas smroes!

A traditional smore will give you: 140 calories, 1 protein, 21 carb, 3 fat. Not really 0 nutrition.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Naley2322 wrote: »

they aren't alternative smores, they more of a parfait than anything. it's nonsense to call it a remade smore when it does not resemble a smore. its an alternative, but not a smore.

most people know that they shouldn't give their kid 10 smores, those that do give their kids, or themselves eat that many don't really care that there are alternatives.

If there are adults out there that don't know that eating mass quantities of smores isn't going to provide them with proper nutrition then there is more wrong there that won't be corrected by offering them a graham cracker with yogurt and strawberries, they need much deeper and broader education on nutrition.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    She's an idiot. She has no nutritional education, and sits there demanding all these changes. Complete idiot, imo. I really enjoy the "school lunches make kids fat" argument she throws out 24/7. And the king size candy bars that make people obese overnight.

She's an "idiot" who has a way better looking body, and better fitness stamina, than I do, so obviously she knows something. Also, don't forget, every First Lady is hooked up with some sort of pet project. Michelle Obama's just happens to be healthy diet and being physically active. Considering the fact that most American kids are overweight, it seems like a noble goal. Anyway, I'll bow out now, since this will clearly take a very ugly political turn and I happen to like and respect the Obamas, so...yeah.

lol wut?

not to body shame- but holding her up as some sort of paradigm of fitness is absurd. what better looking body. She has almost nothing up top- you can't just toss out there b/c someone has different shape than you that they obviously have a clue.

I agree it's a nice idea to get people up to move more- but demonizing X food and replacing with Y is silly. nothing wrong with s'mores- plus who really eats smores every day .

(well to be fair- I eat marshmallows regularly. still not fat though- and my arms are way better looking)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Why would someone give their child ten s'mores anyway? My nieces are fine with one or two.
This discussion has been closed.