What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• tlharin
    tlharin Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Pan fried tofu with herbed whipped ricotta over red pepper-tomato sauce with spinach & big glass of Malbec

dl2f22cta5f9.jpg

Mango & poblano "pizza" with honey barbecue sauce, leftover tofu, green onion, shredded mozzarella

srnjxouq865t.jpg

Big but simple cheese plate dinner on the patio: whole grain seeded bread, cucumber, butter + chipotle jam, some light havarti, nectarine, grapes, apricot, radishes ...ahem, more Malbec

5z1g8k6j2fvm.jpg

• Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    4358odu0xotn.jpg
    Salad from my garden, ( last year)
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    l28dw854394j.jpg
    LUNCH...on the go.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    @tlharin your meals make me think maybe I could handle being vegetarian. Pics are beautiful and Malbec is my favorite wine! Although I usually drink it with steak so maybe that wouldn't work after all... ;)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Carol_ wrote: »
    LUNCH...on the go.

That's not even a snack.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Carol_ wrote: »
    LUNCH...on the go.

That's not even a snack.

That's what I was thinking about both Of those pix. I was hoping there was a cheeseburger hidden behind the yogurt that I couldn't see.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    You guys are fabulous. I can't believe we can eat such luscious foods and still stay within our calorie counts. you must share some of the recipes. I will now try to make the flat-outs veggie pizzas. Great idea
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Breakfast! Kale and potato thing with lots of paprika, pepper, garlic salt and one egg.

hcwxtbtshurb.jpg
  • tlharin
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    @tlharin your meals make me think maybe I could handle being vegetarian. Pics are beautiful and Malbec is my favorite wine! Although I usually drink it with steak so maybe that wouldn't work after all... ;)

Thanks, @Kruggeri! Going from a meat-and-potatoes family tradition to a veggie-heavy vegetarian diet has been a journey of many years, and I think it's broadened my tastes a lot. That said, I'm sure Malbec is great with steaks ;) trying it with a chocolate-cinnamon-cayenne cake this weekend, will report back!

Lunch: open smashed chickpea sandwiches with smoked paprika, pepper, last of the spicy mustard pea-potato salad

2yj9akmr34e5.jpg

• WinoGelato
    Options
    tlharin wrote: »
    Kruggeri wrote: »

Thanks, @Kruggeri! Going from a meat-and-potatoes family tradition to a veggie-heavy vegetarian diet has been a journey of many years, and I think it's broadened my tastes a lot. That said, I'm sure Malbec is great with steaks ;) trying it with a chocolate-cinnamon-cayenne cake this weekend, will report back!

Lunch: open smashed chickpea sandwiches with smoked paprika, pepper, last of the spicy mustard pea-potato salad

2yj9akmr34e5.jpg

It will probably be fantastic with that cake and can't wait to see pictures!
  • missmamselle
    missmamselle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    qh6gjjbu2gda.jpg
    This is my first time posting a picture, so I hope I did it right! This was breakfast: belgian sprouted wheat toast, cream cheese, bacon bits, avocado, scallion and tomato.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Some recent eats... I cant post em all cause without major spamming.. sorry in advance lol

wrwcWil.jpg

PUEd91c.jpg

QtmmlP5.jpg

7wLYWYn.jpg

7cXz9WA.jpg

3J7WfuU.jpg

WyHldzQ.jpg

BFTL7oI.jpg

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Cheese omelette, bacon, steamed green beans and cauliflower, and cherries.

9p30yyauzjkt.jpg
  • MissRheingold
    MissRheingold Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Many thanks to those who actually say what their dishes are.
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    #pimpmyricecakeS game is strong today! Brown rice cakes topped with vanilla casein, chopped chocolate almonds and kettle corn :)hji4tovpyn0y.jpg
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    Acg67 wrote: »
    Spaghetti, smoked cashew and kale pesto, cured egg yolk

IMG_20150527_191859.jpg

that looks amazing! do you make the pesto yourself? would love to give it a go!

I did indeed

Smoke raw cashews (I used Applewood chips)
    Remove stem from a bunch of kale
    Blend together kale, cashews, a few garlic cloves, handful of grated parm and drizzle olive oil until it achieves desired consistency

For the egg yolk, mix equal parts kosher salt and white sugar together. Form a little divot and place egg yolk in there and completely cover with salt and sugar mixture. Put in fridge for about a month. Remove yolk, gently wash off salt/sugar, dry, grate like parm.

Thanks! I'm definitely going to give it a go, sounds amazing :)
  • billiej97
    billiej97 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Guacamole and chicken breast on toast
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    A big ol' cheeseburger. We went to Nation's Giant Hamburgers today. My first time there. So good. Then we stopped at the park on the way home and walked some of it off. Then we stopped at the frozen yogurt shop and had a scoop of gelato! Call it a lost weekend. :#

dtupflu5poda.jpg
  • tlharin
    Options
    Extra dark chocolate cinnamon-cardamom-cayenne cake. And wine :)

10q9q23pq4a3.jpg

ttqs6l69af82.jpg
  • AnnaFit4Life
    AnnaFit4Life Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Breakfast-Homemade Date Bran Muffin and Veggie Scramble (Carrots, Onions, Mushrooms) and a SF FF Latte
    branmuffins006640x480_zpsd4e6c927.jpg