I thought squats would give me a big butt

Options

Replies

• BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    18 months for terrific results is undoubtedly from hard work. Well done! Those that want the same butt: Hard Work :dizzy:
  • Fujiberry
    Fujiberry Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    Fujiberry wrote: »
    DavPul wrote: »
    Squats + a caloric surplus = bigger butt
    Muscles don't grow unless you're feeding them properly.

Squats + caloric surplus + patience + consistency + optional glute isolation exercises = bigger glutes

0hdxs7d9uuy1.jpg

DAYUM!!!! Who dat?

For the record, that looks like the result of years of hard work and dedication. Way too many people think that since they have been doing body weight squats for 6 weeks that they should have a badonkadonk already. That's just not how it works
    That would be me! Haha :) About a year and half apart.

I honestly didn't have much of a butt in the first place, so anything beyond was improvement. Lol.

Holy hell, your butt is amazing! I'm asking for the greater good of humanity: what's your glute routine?!

I've been following a powerlifting program since Oct (Texas Method). Before that, I used an Upper-Lower split. My lower body days when I used that split included Squats, DLs, leg extension, leg curl, Bulgarian Split squats, and single leg deadlifts.

A big part of the reason my butt looks nice there is because I learned how to flex it lol
  • Fujiberry
    Fujiberry Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    And thank you for the compliments, everybody! :)<3
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @Fujiberry that is an amazing booty transformation! B)

ETA: and let's not forget those quads! Wow :)
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    I'll have to tell two of my granddaughters about this. One is short with a booty butt; and she works out doing squats - but she also has large thighs. . . . and gained that "Freshman 15+" her first year in college; but she is an Honor student has made Dean's List all year; studying long hours and eating on the fly. We've very gently tried to tell her that it will only get harder to lose extra weight the older she gets. Says that she can't afford to eat healthy. She uses MFP to keep up with eating by micro-something-or-the-other. Sounds too complicated for me; easier for me to keep up with calories and how I eat them during the day and posting them in my food diary. My middle one has no @$$ at all and she is very self-conscious about it; but, too lazy to do any exercising. Tell her to hold her shoulder up right and push her butt out; that's when I get the eye rolls and 'I've got no @$$ at all' comments. "Acetone". I'd like to tone my ACE up, too; at 64 not sure that is possible. HA! Had a nice butt like this in HS - many, many, many years ago. LOL! Maybe I should try learning how to flex my butt, too. It's still back there somewhere - I just only see it in the rearview mirror.
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    WHOS THREAD IS THIS?!? And you guys don't get it. I will never have a fat butt. I have a big stomach and stupid 36ddd boobs. I don't want a tone perky butt, I want a fat one :-( now I just have tone perfect legs and a fat stomach and stupidly big boobs.

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    WHOS THREAD IS THIS?!? And you guys don't get it. I will never have a fat butt. I have a big stomach and stupid 36ddd boobs. I don't want a tone perky butt, I want a fat one :-( now I just have tone perfect legs and a fat stomach and stupidly big boobs.

You clearly missed the point.

Eat big, lift big, PATIENCE, and TIME
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options

Ummmm...you keep saying a fat butt. Are you talking a kardashian type butt? Minaj type butt? Those aren't natural. They don't happen without injections or surgery.

What the fabulous-body poster who shared her transformation pics showed is what happens with time and dedication to building a booty. Unless you have very specific genes, most people don't just have a ton of fat on their butt without being larger in other areas (stomach included). Even those with natural tendency to have fat sit in the butt still have to improve their muscle size as well.

Sounds like you want to lose weight (deficit) and then work on building up a booty (surplus).
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    MK24551 wrote: »
    Wow nice booty, n ur quads r huge!

I was thinking the same thing...nice.

To the OP keep in mind you won't do this over night and while building glutes you will be building other muscles as well...

Note the pic....and her quads...

it is doable...to a point genetics will play a part.

Her quad development was the result of conscious effort to build up her quads, not the byproduct of glute training gone rogue.

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Well then just give up? No matter who "owns" this thread, I ain't got no time nor inclination to try to help someone with a thoroughly negative attitude. Perhaps come back when you're ready to improve instead of whine.

Until then,

fbstvcz7lhpxsqg7jvg6.jpg
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Fuji...

You got the round mound girl...

I can't imagine how much work you put in to get those results

Mad props

You did good!
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options

53785658.jpg

Don't be mad because someone came along to show that you can, in fact, grow a bigger booty.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

To the OP keep in mind you won't do this over night and while building glutes you will be building other muscles as well...

I'm glad you pointed out how awesome her quads are too! Her legs are as amazing as her butt.

• danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

Squats + caloric surplus + patience + consistency + optional glute isolation exercises = bigger glutes

0hdxs7d9uuy1.jpg

DAMN!!! Well done, girl!! :smokin:
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options

Well Under Armour's I guess, but Fujiberry just gave you a road map to a larger butt (well done, btw!!) and what you should be doing is googling the things she mentioned or asking her more questions.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options

0hdxs7d9uuy1.jpg

Yeah, girl!

That's my goal. It's like I'm losing fat everywhere, but my butt is still this sad, flat little thing. Have been squatting my heart out, but now I just have this hard, sad, flat little thing.

I realize, though, that I'm just going to have to be patient. I've been doing a lot of lifting and have been successful, so far, in dropping my BF% and shrinking quite a bit; however, because I'm working on getting rid of fat, I'm also not eating nearly enough to build much muscle. I'm eating a lot (compared to what I was before I was lifting), but just not at a sufficient surplus to get the bum of my dreams. Right now, I've got to keep on track, doing what I'm doing, and accept the fact that a nice round bottom will come (much) later.

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

0hdxs7d9uuy1.jpg

Well done! OP now has a great example of what to do.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You need a calorie surplus to get bigger anywhere. Squats are great and all, but you won't gain significant size there unless you eat to gain size.

If you want it to just be fat, just sit around and eat loads, but if your body and weight gain is anything like mine, it'll just go straight to your belly (or where-ever else you're prone to gaining) You can't spot reduce fat, you can't spot gain fat.

An easier way to get a bigger butt would be to continue to squat with challenging weights, aim to increase them and get stronger over time. Also, eat in a surplus. You will gain muscle and fat.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Oh... Well then.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

Her quad development was the result of conscious effort to build up her quads, not the byproduct of glute training gone rogue.

I never said it was a by product of it but...when doing specific exercises to build glute muscles you will typcially hit other muscle...squats hit your quads and glutes as do most others...you have to specific target the glutes without activating the quads to ensure it doesn't happen...and based on the OP's post she is not interested in even checking to see what those might be.

Unless of course you want to give her a list.....