Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• jennlaw89
    jennlaw89 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Few things :) normal sized towels wrap around me now!!! I fit perfectly in the bucket seat in my car! My favorite, I fit into medium tops comfortably :) I never thought I'd see the day! I've been in large and x-large since middle school!! I'm so happy :)
  • jennlaw89
    Options
    Ok got a couple more that I noticed just last night... Hair ties no longer cut off my circulation when they're around my wrist all day. annndddd :smile: last night at my nephews graduation my sister sent me a pic of my nephew and I and at first glance i didn't recognize myself. I started to text her back and tell her I wanted the pic with me in it but then I realized that it was me standing beside him lol. I've probably looked at that pic 20 times now.. I'm just totally amazed
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    jennlaw89 wrote: »
    Few things :) normal sized towels wrap around me now!!! I fit perfectly in the bucket seat in my car! My favorite, I fit into medium tops comfortably :) I never thought I'd see the day! I've been in large and x-large since middle school!! I'm so happy :)

This just crossed my mind last week! I thought "This towel seems bigger now", and relished in it because I love over-sized towels. :D I'm also the same as you with the shirts. Several shirts I wanted to fit into again are too big on me now because they're size Large. Medium all the way now! And eyeballing Smalls. B)

Ok I'll officially post my unexpected result of weight-loss:

Hugs from my husband can become painful now because my hip bones and rib cage are smashable now! I can understand the hip bones because I have big ones, but I never thought my ribs would be close enough for discomfort!
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have kind of had to relearn how to keep my balance. I'm used to hauling around 300+ lbs. and it doesn't take quite as much effort to move around at 200 lbs. A couple of months ago I face planted when I got up from the couch. I used a little too much force standing up and the momentum just kept me going forward until I was face down on the ottoman. My husband laughed so hard he cried.

I'm down 44lbs and I'm already starting to have this problem. It's like being a teenager again!

• JillUrbina
    JillUrbina Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My biggest thing is my eyes are still way bigger than my stomach. I've been at this awhile and Almost everyday as I'm preparing every meal I measure everything I put in my mouth and when it's ready I look at it and think oh no this isn't enough I'm going to be hungry until my next meal but I get halfway through what I made and think oh my god... Am I full already?
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    @ewhip17 Lol, that's so funny.
  • rayw89
    Options
    ewhip17 wrote: »
    horsing around with my wife the other night - trying to annoy her - I was standing in the doorway of the closet so she couldn't get out. I find it hilarious. She doesn't... haha.
    Haha! I love this part.
  • Squishy_hapa_mama
    Squishy_hapa_mama Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My thighs have definitely changed. They feel much much firmer on the outside and the flabby inner bit has shrunk! My calves, which were ginormous, also look a lot slimmer to me.

I'm also still struggling to get my brain to catch up! My sizing hasn't changed drastically yet - I've dropped to a 14 from an 18 in tops, but trousers I'm still in 18s, though they're getting looser as time goes by. I'll really feel the difference once I drop to a 16 and then a 14 in trousers. I do wish my tummy would shrink more but it seems to be coming off my boobs, face and legs most of all.
    Yeah-I loose weight in my face and boobs the most and I hate that! I think I look so much more attractive with a fuller face and bust. But still worth it not to have all the other problems associated with being too heavy
  • Squishy_hapa_mama
    Squishy_hapa_mama Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose that much weight - 30lb, but didn't expect to be cold all the time.

Also - didn't expect to lose additional sizes in maintenance, but I dropped two more staying the same weight. Nice surprise.
    I just wanted to say don't hate! 30 pounds is HUGE! I think every pound lost is a big deal. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JillUrbina wrote: »
    My biggest thing is my eyes are still way bigger than my stomach. I've been at this awhile and Almost everyday as I'm preparing every meal I measure everything I put in my mouth and when it's ready I look at it and think oh no this isn't enough I'm going to be hungry until my next meal but I get halfway through what I made and think oh my god... Am I full already?

I've been paying attention since reading this yesterday, and find the same applies to me. I don't feel like I should be full of what I'm eating, but I am.

I also think."I can't fit through there," but manage to squeeze through close quarters. Always a pleasant surprise.
  • jennlaw89
    Options
    rayw89 wrote: »

This just crossed my mind last week! I thought "This towel seems bigger now", and relished in it because I love over-sized towels. :D I'm also the same as you with the shirts. Several shirts I wanted to fit into again are too big on me now because they're size Large. Medium all the way now! And eyeballing Smalls. B)

Ok I'll officially post my unexpected result of weight-loss:

Hugs from my husband can become painful now because my hip bones and rib cage are smashable now! I can understand the hip bones because I have big ones, but I never thought my ribs would be close enough for discomfort!

Awesome job Ray!!! :)
  • hmm33502
    hmm33502 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I went to try on some clothes that I have been waiting to fit into. Some of them are now too large! I guess I didn't try them on soon enough!
  • rayw89
    Options
    Awesome job Ray!!! :)
    Thank you!! :)
  • rayw89
    Options
    hmm33502 wrote: »
    I went to try on some clothes that I have been waiting to fit into. Some of them are now too large! I guess I didn't try them on soon enough!
    Yes! I am in the same boat as you.
  • MelimelCoco
    MelimelCoco Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    JillUrbina wrote: »
    Yes! This happens to me too!
  • PlumpKitten
    PlumpKitten Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I just hit 5weeks today, 17-odd pounds down. What I've noticed:

I no longer "leak", I don't even know what muscle is working out to make that happen!

I no longer have to adjust "the girls" throughout the day. They just stay put!

I'm living this thread! It's getting favorited!

My bra straps stay in place!

They're not constantly slipping off my shoulders. Not sure why, but I now have a nice curve in my shoulders since starting weight-lifting.

Also, I don't sometimes have the embararssing situation of my back bra clasp snapping open.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!