dreaming about thin thighs

Options
2»

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Because i will attend a wedding party after 3 weeks :(

How long have you had the invitation to this wedding?
  • salmaelbardissy
    salmaelbardissy Posts: 19 Member
    Options

How long have you had the invitation to this wedding?
    A month but i couldnt start diet because of my exams ☺
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Want to get rid 3 inches out off my thighs in 3 weeks help

It's just not going to happen. Sorry.

Someone mentioned Spanx, that's about as close as you're going to get.

You can't spot reduce through weight loss, and typically people who complain about their thighs are just genetically dispositioned to hold weight there. As a pear shaped lady, I feel you, but you should really just embrace them.

And just to let you know, you're beautiful as you are. No one (other than you) is going to know (or care) if you lose 3 inches off your thighs.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Sorry but it doesn't work that way.
    You can't spot reduce. But you can eat at a deficit and reduce your overall body fat percentage. Three weeks isn't enough time to see any notable results though.
    You'll need to just accept your legs the way they are for now or buy really good panty hose /stockings to suck it all in.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,482 Member
    Options
    To give you some perspective: it took me 8 or 9 months to lose 4.7 inches on my thighs. Mind you, they were not slim to start with. I lost a total of 37lbs in that time, and I only lost so fast because I was severely anemic and the weight just fell off. Expect a much slower progress to do this in a healthy way.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Wear a long ish dress and compression underwear. Seriously awesome. Start an exercise programme so that the next time you are invited to a wedding you don't have to worry.
  • malavika413
    malavika413 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Spanx is your friend. I have thighs the size of Thanksgiving Turkeys and this helps in a quick pinch.
  • salmaelbardissy
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    To give you some perspective: it took me 8 or 9 months to lose 4.7 inches on my thighs. Mind you, they were not slim to start with. I lost a total of 37lbs in that time, and I only lost so fast because I was severely anemic and the weight just fell off. Expect a much slower progress to do this in a healthy way.
    Omy you are amazing i dont have this patience
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Then learn to love your thighs at their current circumference.

• 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Then learn to love your thighs at their current circumference.

THIS.

I've been losing weight for over four years now (which is my own fault and a long story blah blah) and I've lost a grand total of 3 inches off my thighs. My body literally will take fat from anywhere else first. I'd blame genetics, but I actually like my thick thighs. Makes me a powerhouse in volleyball. haha
  • salmaelbardissy
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    You can't spot reduce. But you can eat at a deficit and reduce your overall body fat percentage. Three weeks isn't enough time to see any notable results though.
    You'll need to just accept your legs the way they are for now or buy really good panty hose /stockings to suck it all in.

I actually have lost 1.2 inches in the last 2 weeks so i have a little bit chance to loss 1.5 in 3 weeks
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options

I actually have lost 1.2 inches in the last 2 weeks so i have a little bit chance to loss 1.5 in 3 weeks

What part of "you can't spot reduce" you dont get?

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options

I think your missing the point here. You first asked about three inches in three weeks.
    People explained that you can't control what part of your body that you'll lose fat from in a certain time frame.
    Then you replied that you've already lost 1.2 so think it's possible.
    If you believe you can do it, then that's fine. Go for it then. But I still think your missing the overall point that others are trying to make.
  • bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    So your dress is going to be short enough to see your thighs?
    Maybe she is intending to get lucky ;-)