sad observation...

Options

Replies

• kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    can i be your friend... not because you're friend is right... you really are a "hotness monster"! but because you went from the other pic to this???? AMAZING i need some friends who have already succeeded.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    To the OP - you are indeed good looking and I have noticed your witty posts here and there on the site...that said, I totally hear what you are saying and yes, it is disheartening that society is superficial and about looks. That said, I have an additional theory.

My theory is that people go to the 'Find Members' page and randomly send out requests. After I had set my profile visible to "Friends Only", I was still getting some blank requests. The non-blank ones were from people posting on the same threads, etc., but I think that some people just click on "Find Members" when they join and select a whole bunch of people, just knowing that those people on the "Find Members" page log in regularly.

Oh, my AV is usually the Froot Loops bird - maybe some people just have a classic breakfast cereal fetish! :laugh: :noway:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I like cereal.
  • UpToAnyCool
    Options
    And, as you know, I am obsessed w/ monkeys....

ETA: But it's nice to see the human behind the monkeys! :smile:
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I accept every request I get too, and they pretty much all come with a note about my car.

It's a Subaru.
    -wtk
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I like cereal.
    Yay!
  • Sonofabiscuit2
    Sonofabiscuit2 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    we are all here with a common goal {or so I thought} looks shouldn't mean anything...it's not a dating site!
    that is just naive, we are still human.
  • goldenbutterfly
    Options
    You sound more vain than anything.
  • dkrioux
    dkrioux Posts: 144
    Options
    To the OP - you are indeed good looking and I have noticed your witty posts here and there on the site...that said, I totally hear what you are saying and yes, it is disheartening that society is superficial and about looks. That said, I have an additional theory.

My theory is that people go to the 'Find Members' page and randomly send out requests. After I had set my profile visible to "Friends Only", I was still getting some blank requests. The non-blank ones were from people posting on the same threads, etc., but I think that some people just click on "Find Members" when they join and select a whole bunch of people, just knowing that those people on the "Find Members" page log in regularly.

Oh, my AV is usually the Froot Loops bird - maybe some people just have a classic breakfast cereal fetish! :laugh: :noway:
    I love you, Loops!!! :)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I generally add people when I see they have given good advice in the forums. These knowledgeable and motivated people are who I want to be friends with.

Re friend requests: I only add people with a pic and an open diary. A) don't really know why but it looks dodgy with no pic. B) How can anyone be held accountable/congratulated if their dairy isn't open to friends?
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Am I hot?
  • reegordon
    reegordon Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You sound more vain than anything.

I definetly agree! She's not the only attractive female on here and you don't see others posting topics like this. I get hit on too and, yes it can be annoying, but I take it as a compliment and I don't try to belittle people because of it.
  • reegordon
    reegordon Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Am I hot?

Yes you are!!! :love:
  • UpToAnyCool
    Options
    Am I hot?

yes birdie - you hawt!
  • goldenbutterfly
    Options
    who is that large person you changed your picture too ???????????? if is not a modified pic of you........perhapse you should start to think about how you might have made us larger ones feel, being large doesnt make us ugly people. but obvously you think that otherwise you woulnt have used it as an example.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Who said anything about ugly or hot?? Ever think I was overweight???? Why do you think I'm here? Why do you think I was upset about this. Idiots.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    who is that large person you changed your picture too ???????????? if is not a modified pic of you........perhapse you should start to think about how you might have made us larger ones feel, being large doesnt make us ugly people. but obvously you think that otherwise you woulnt have used it as an example.

THAT IS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I noticed that too! If I had a particular photo up I would get requests and emails.. then when I changed to me and my husband I saw nothing... I was thinking to myself I am here to kick *kitten* and take names in getting healthy not pick up people or have them pick me up... But i do see people want to find someone with their same interests and goals in getting fit and healthy... I am mixed on this. I understand but clearly I am not in it for those things and people need to see you aren't either! Ha they get the point now :wink:

Good luck to all of you! I promise I wont try to pick anyone up LOL:glasses:
  • wsheaf82
    wsheaf82 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I am happily married. So I am not looking for anything else but making the time at work go faster :wink: and motivation both for myself and people I meet on here to do what we have to do and get healthier and happier with ourselves. But I would not stand in the way of two people on here finding :heart: . It is so hard to meet someone worth a darn these days. If they happen to find something truly amazing here and get in shape while doing it, :drinker: Yay for them.