My Eureka Moment

Options
I've always been the overweight friend, the overlooked person. I thought personality trumped looks but, it seems I've been wrong. My boyfriend of 11 months told me if I don't lose weight he will leave me. That really struck a chord in my heart. I've been trying to lose weight and yo yo a lot. I really just need encouragement and people behind me giving advice and sharing what works. This time is different I believe. I want to get healthy and strong again.

Replies

• 19flow89
    19flow89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow that's really sad to hear, I'm sorry you are dealing with that. But you aren't alone and don't do it to please others, do it for yourself, your well being and happiness. Good luck
  • courtniekrebs
    courtniekrebs Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am doing it for me and to show my son that hard work pays off. I'm hoping by being having support I'll be successful.
  • cgissel
    cgissel Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    No boyfriend is worth THAT...you need to do it for you. Hopefully you will find someone that supports you. Be that role model for your son. HE is the one that is your biggest support. Look into those eyes of his every day, take a deep breath and know that you can do this.
  • courtniekrebs
    Options
    Thank you. I stayed up last night and thought about how I wanted my son to see me strong and be able to accomplish anything
  • NicoleSimmons2015
    NicoleSimmons2015 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hopefully during your journey you will loose the dead weight- meaning your boyfriend. A real man wouldn't give you an ultimatum like that to lose the weight.

I am right there with you- I am 35, mom of 3- I am fortunate to have a supportive husband.
    I have been eating Paleo-ish, walking daily and lifting 3x a week for the past 6 weeks. Down 12-14 lbs depending on when I weigh myself.
    It's hard work- but I'm starting to see results and it feels so good to see progress. Feel free to add me
  • still__trying
    still__trying Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hopefully during your journey you will loose the dead weight- meaning your boyfriend. A real man wouldn't give you an ultimatum like that to lose the weight.

I agree.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options

I agree.

2x on the dead weight.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

There are some nice anti yo-yo advice from this MFP group too.

• KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Agree with everything people have said above. I've been in your position before, my ex didn't give me an ultimatum but he was constantly putting me down and telling me I needed to lose weight, making me feel awful about my body. Now looking back I've realised how damaging it actually was to my weight loss to be constantly put down.
    It's great that you're doing it for your son as well as yourself though! Good luck with your goals :) I'm sure you'll find all the support and advice you need on MFP
  • courtniekrebs
    Options
    Every guy I've ever been with has,had issues with my weight. Makes,me think it's me. I can't shake the whole conversation we had or all the others. Ugh
  • LoreA1960
    LoreA1960 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have over 200 pounds to lose, but my husband has never told me he would leave me if I didn't lose weight. I am in this journey for better health and a longer life. Don't do it for him, do it for YOU. You can do it if you realize that you are worth it. If he is concerned with anything other than your health and happiness then maybe he's not the one for you. This is just my opinion. YOU GO GIRL!!! :)