Digging up details on dog food.

Options
Hello all!

I'm wondering if anyone has any general calorie information on dogfood?

I've looked over the bag and its pretty much just bragging about whats in side, protein levels, phosphorus ( ??? ) , all natural blah blah blah Omega whatever's. Nothing useful you know?

I've recently been chowing down ( no pun intended ) on a bowl or two a day since the bags are pretty heavy and carrying them AND groceries to my scooter is a no can do. Its really not that bad and I figured I could just make it a staple of my weight loss plan! I do need to know the details though so I can properly track it , so's why i'm here.

Any answers? woof woof ( haha jk )
Thank you
-Rob

Replies

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Well, I just found this, comparing various dog food brands.

I don't know that 400 calories a cup is a great snack but if it works for you . . .
  • Redicnomad
    Redicnomad Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    WOW! Thank you so much! This is exactly what i need!
  • buffveganme
    buffveganme Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi roblopatto
    This is intriguing to me. I still don't understand why you are eating dog food as apart of your diet.
    Enlighten me!
  • Redicnomad
    Options
    Hi Buff! Well let me ask you something ,have you ever tried it?

Its mostly a cost thing but so far its been a great meal replacement.
    I usually put a cup and a half in a little bag and no one is the wiser! ( I tend to remove and "bone" shaped pieces because I think that's a bit too obvious haha )
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Please tell me you're trolling...
  • PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    The canned stuff is lower calorie, plus if you just transfer it to a Tupperware container you can tell your workmates that your spouse made pate' and put it on crackers. They have lots of flavors, so you can change it up.

k5logxxms45k.jpg
  • Redicnomad
    Options
    Job? Spouse?! What do you take me for, a pure bread? haha jk

Seriously though thanks for the tip. I'm not sure If I'm ready for wet stuff but I may just give it a try! :D
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    EW!! :sick:

giphy.gif
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    To ensure optimum protein intake, make sure you're eating a brand where the very first ingredient is meat, not corn or soy!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Surely this is a joke.
  • rachael00679
    rachael00679 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    ...... :s
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Surely this is a joke.

The guy at the pet store did tell me that Holistic Blend was made with all human grade ingredients and that I could eat it.
    Of course, for the price, I could just buy regular people food.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    Interesting = P
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Have none of you had a dog when you were kids and ate to taste the dried dog food or the canned stuff? I have. No big deal. The canned meat stuff is flavorless as it does not have salt in it. I dont eat it but i have tried it. No biggy...
  • Redicnomad
    Options
    Thank you all for being so supportive! That's why i love this community so much!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    betuel75 wrote: »
    Have none of you had a dog when you were kids and ate to taste the dried dog food or the canned stuff? I have. No big deal. The canned meat stuff is flavorless as it does not have salt in it. I dont eat it but i have tried it. No biggy...

My mum used to have to feed the cat on a bookshelf out of reach of my brother and I, we REALLY liked kibble.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I tried dry, canned, and dog treats as a kid. I also ate my sister's Avon lip balm because it was a 3 pack of ice cream flavors, chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry. I think the dog food tasted better than the lip balm.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    When dog walking as a child, I would steal "some" of the chocolates meant as rewards for the dog. Shaped like little turds but tasted nice enough.

And I had to try the apple scented shampoo. Didn't taste like apples at all.
  • sbocephus
    sbocephus Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You need to be careful where "ingredients" are sourced. My Jack Russel Terrier stuck down with renal failure at 5 years by eating Chinese melamine in his canned. No quality regs there and pet food industry writes regs for the FDA here.