alternative to soda besides water

Options
13»

Replies

• AmorAguacate
    AmorAguacate Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Tea works for me:). I have found it is an acquired taste and I have acquired it. Yay. So that's what I do. Good luck.
  • davonbahr
    davonbahr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    nvmroz wrote: »
    Tea works for me:). I have found it is an acquired taste and I have acquired it. Yay. So that's what I do. Good luck.

Thanks you
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I drink Perrier or soda water with a squirt of crystal light. Sure beats root beer! :)
  • davonbahr
    davonbahr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    davonbahr wrote: »
    If I really need a pop fix, I always drink diet pop. I try not to drink it too much because I feel I've gotten too dependent on it, and diet pop tends to have a lot of sodium, but if I really need specifically pop, the occasional diet pop is better than regular, at least if we're talking calories. In fact, this is probably a good way to go. The thing is, when we cut things entirely out of our diet, especially things we have on a regular basis, it can be very difficult to stay off them and we're more likely to cave. On the other hand, if you allow yourself a bit of diet pop every so often, or even a little regular pop (maybe on your cheat day, if you have one) then you'll be less likely to fall off the wagon when it comes to pop.

As for daily alternatives, however, I, personally, drink a lot of tea. Green teas with nothing in them are less acidic and milder than black teas, so that's what I personally tend toward. You might also be able to add a little honey and lemon, if you really need a sweet drink fix. (It's also great for a sore throat!)

I don't know what country you live in, but if you live in the US (or Canada, maybe?) there are these flavor shots that I, personally, like. They're called MiO. They come in many different flavors and they even have ones for energy and fitness purposes. And if you really feel like you want pop without actually drinking it, you can add one of these flavors to some carbonated water.

Or you could simply add a little bit of natural flavor to your water. Whenever I want water but feel that it's too plain, I always add a bit of lemon juice. I feel like it's a lot better than plain water. My mom likes to infuse her water with fruit. There are recipes for combinations for this which are easy to find. Basically, though, you can just dump a bunch of fruit into your water, and it should absorb some of the flavor. This is probably a bit of a higher-calorie alternative to some of the things I suggested above, but still not nearly as high-calorie or sugary as pop.

Hope this helps!

I have heard bad things about MIO

Such as?

I heard it's no better than sugar just as bad
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    If I really need a pop fix, I always drink diet pop. I try not to drink it too much because I feel I've gotten too dependent on it, and diet pop tends to have a lot of sodium, but if I really need specifically pop, the occasional diet pop is better than regular, at least if we're talking calories. In fact, this is probably a good way to go. The thing is, when we cut things entirely out of our diet, especially things we have on a regular basis, it can be very difficult to stay off them and we're more likely to cave. On the other hand, if you allow yourself a bit of diet pop every so often, or even a little regular pop (maybe on your cheat day, if you have one) then you'll be less likely to fall off the wagon when it comes to pop.

As for daily alternatives, however, I, personally, drink a lot of tea. Green teas with nothing in them are less acidic and milder than black teas, so that's what I personally tend toward. You might also be able to add a little honey and lemon, if you really need a sweet drink fix. (It's also great for a sore throat!)

I don't know what country you live in, but if you live in the US (or Canada, maybe?) there are these flavor shots that I, personally, like. They're called MiO. They come in many different flavors and they even have ones for energy and fitness purposes. And if you really feel like you want pop without actually drinking it, you can add one of these flavors to some carbonated water.

Or you could simply add a little bit of natural flavor to your water. Whenever I want water but feel that it's too plain, I always add a bit of lemon juice. I feel like it's a lot better than plain water. My mom likes to infuse her water with fruit. There are recipes for combinations for this which are easy to find. Basically, though, you can just dump a bunch of fruit into your water, and it should absorb some of the flavor. This is probably a bit of a higher-calorie alternative to some of the things I suggested above, but still not nearly as high-calorie or sugary as pop.

Hope this helps!

I have heard bad things about MIO

Such as?

I heard it's no better than sugar just as bad

There is nothing wrong with mio. It's zero calorie. Sometimes the artificial sweeteners trigger migraines in some people but that's about it. Also, unless you have a medical condition there is nothing wrong with sugar.
  • evilqueenT
    evilqueenT Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of water but sometimes I just need something else too so I make fresh squeezed lemonade but I use splenda not sugar. I do the same with decaf ice tea.
  • AmorAguacate
    AmorAguacate Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You can use herbs to infuse water. The standard choice is mint, but basil might make for an interesting change.

What an awesome idea. And I have both fresh in my garden! Project!!! :)
  • stopdropandstay
    stopdropandstay Posts: 16 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I think the obvious choice that everyone has suggested here is carbonated water + flavoured water enhancers, or juice.
    Another healthy option is KOMBUCHA!!! It's also carbonated, and tres healthy! I think it's about 60 calories? It's not filled with chemicals, and it is just so darn good.

oh yes, and there is also a pop brand out there called "zevia". I assume it is sweetened with stevia - a natural, zero calorie sweetener. I assume it is much better than normal diet pop.
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I am trying to find an alternative to soda besides water I drink 3 24oz waters a day but I want something different but I feel as if I am cheating my diet. Help
    Have you tried GT Dave's Kombucha? Or the brand called LIVE kombucha, which has soda flavors. They do contain some sugar, but not a lot, and it's actually a live, cultured drink that has beneficial acids and vitamins. To compensate for the sugar, you could take in a little bit of soaked chia seeds (I actually blend some with water in the ninja, then drink the chia water) just before you drink the soda, as the soluble fiber slows the sugar going into your blood stream.

• 460mustang
    460mustang Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am trying to find an alternative to soda besides water I drink 3 24oz waters a day but I want something different but I feel as if I am cheating my diet. Help
    Have you tried GT Dave's Kombucha? Or the brand called LIVE kombucha, which has soda flavors. They do contain some sugar, but not a lot, and it's actually a live, cultured drink that has beneficial acids and vitamins. To compensate for the sugar, you could take in a little bit of soaked chia seeds (I actually blend some with water in the ninja, then drink the chia water) just before you drink the soda, as the soluble fiber slows the sugar going into your blood stream.

Kombucha, I forgot about that. I use to make my own, sometimes I let it go to long. I'll have to pull it out of the freezer and see if it's still viable.
  • MulliganStella
    MulliganStella Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sonic has a diet Green Tea with mint that is ALL THE YUM!!
  • saramatthews919
    saramatthews919 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Flavoured sparkling water or no sugar squash :)
  • bethanyka
    bethanyka Posts: 159 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    i mostly drink plain water, sometimes with lemon/ lime wedge. but sometimes it's nice to have something different. when i need something different, i drink sparkling flavored water 0 cals, diet iced tea 0 cals, or brewed fruit tea or chai, iced 0 cals, or sometimes the drops of crystal light or mio in water 0 cals