What do you put in your coffee?

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    Hot water.

I cannot stand milk or cream in my coffee ... it makes me feel sick. And the only time I don't mind sugar in my coffee is when I've got a sore throat.

Black coffee is good. :) Flavoured black coffees (like Gloria Jean's Hazelnut) are even better. :)
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    So many different ways to drink coffee, lol. I drink mine with Stevia and milk (2 %). Same with black tea. I love it sweet but don't want to add to many cal's.
  • pumpkinpocalypse
    pumpkinpocalypse Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Used to be really picky with my coffee too lol, I'd put a ton of milk, plus baileys or molasse syrup..damn, the calories!
    I slowly got used to liking it more and more black, now i'm just fine with 1/8 (1/4 if there's a lot of coffee or whatever) cup of 2% milk and some cinnamon. It tastes great, especially since we have this nespresso creamer at home so the milk gets all hot and fluffy.
  • MaureenE4545
    MaureenE4545 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use Nestles hazelnut creamer. It's 35 calories. I have 1 cup a day and feel satisfied
  • Texalese
    Texalese Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Truvia and either fat free half and half or coconut milk creamer.
  • SarahSloth342634
    SarahSloth342634 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I switched from full fat milk to skimmed milk which halves the calories in a mug of coffee. It tasted horrible at first, but after a week I got used to it now.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    sixxpoint wrote: »
    1 or 2 splendas, depending on the size of the coffee. Black... more people would like it black if they actually bought good coffee and took the time to do it right. It shouldn't be overly bitter or acrid.

A tasty, single origin, quality coffee is more important to me. Whole bean, French press, and I'm set.

My daily coffee calories are negligible.

When I drink coffee (I go through spells where I go off the flavor of it for some reason, then suddenly I want it again), I'm with you totally on whole bean and French press.

A bit of Splenda too, but I also like a small splash of half and half, not too much. 2 tablespoons. I measure. 2 LARGE cups a day and I'm done. 50 calories for both, not too bad, and totally worth it to me.

I might get to the point of drinking it black some day, who knows?

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    coffee.
    with coffee.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, I also add some cinnamon to the French press. And/or cocoa powder. I do that if I'm making a pot of decaf to warm me up.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    More coffee.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Whole milk and Canderel sweeteners if it's instant/filter.

If I'm having a latte or something at a coffee shop, I pick skimmed milk - I like it perfectly fine and it saves me some calories I can use for more exciting things later.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    cinnamon and milk
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Skim milk for me and sometimes I will add a dash of cinnamon to the coffee grounds when I brew a pot. Gives it a little flavor but nothing over powering.
  • comeongethealthyro
    comeongethealthyro Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    For my espresso on weekdays, I take it black with a packet of stevia (makes such a difference!). On the weekend I like to indulge in American coffee in the AM, & I use flavored Sweetleaf stevia drops and 1/2 tbsp of creamer.
  • mikaila96
    mikaila96 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Usually one packet of truvia or half a packet of Splenda depending on what I have on hand. If I don't have time for it to cool down a bit, a few tablespoons of unsweetened coconut milk does the trick for me.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    i usually have a small iced dark roast from dunkin with almond milk in the morning on my way to work.. if i have any more coffee throughout the day i drink it black.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    just a splash of 1%...and sometimes nothing at all. i find that good quality coffee really needs very little or nothing at all.
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Usually I use a tablespoon of flavored creamer (coffee mate, international delight, etc) - that's around 35 calories. Since it's flavored I don't need any sweetener in addition. On the weekend I blend hot coffee with coconut oil and a tsp of sugar. Makes a frothy, creamy latte-like coffee. It isn't low cal though... so I usually only have one cup!
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    1 espresso with sugar, the others with canderel

I'm addicted to Nespresso.