calorie counting + exersizing

Options
Hi fit friends! I got a question. Mfp allowes my to eat almost 1500calories a day to lose 0.5kg a week. But when i enter my exersize of the day it allowes me to eat more. But if i want to lose weight should i eat it or leave it on the 1500 a day? Because mostly i cannot even eat more since im used to it already
greetings from belgium!
Ps i would love more motivation friends to keep us together on track!

Replies

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    This is called "eating back" your exercise calories. You definitely do not have to, just eat the 1500 calories if you prefer. It is your choice.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat more, but you'll end up losing more than 0.5 kg a week if you don't.
  • laikabaeten92
    laikabaeten92 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply guys! Yesterday i burned over a 1000calories with intense strenght and cardio workout ! Whoop whoop
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    The thing to remember is that you net at least 1200 calories...meaning 1500-1000=500 ....that is not net 1200...

Even if those burns are too high (which MFP typically is) and you ate back half you are still net 1k...

If you are in too steep of a deficit you will lose fat and muscle which leads to what some call "skinny fat" which is where you are at your goal weight but don't look firm.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    The thing to remember is that you net at least 1200 calories...meaning 1500-1000=500 ....that is not net 1200...

Even if those burns are too high (which MFP typically is) and you ate back half you are still net 1k...

If you are in too steep of a deficit you will lose fat and muscle which leads to what some call "skinny fat" which is where you are at your goal weight but don't look firm.

Huh?
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply guys! Yesterday i burned over a 1000calories with intense strenght and cardio workout ! Whoop whoop

Where are you getting that burn count from? MFP estimate is way too high for most people.

If you're not using a online calculator that takes into account your weight, height and age or an activity tracker (like a HRM) then the burn is probably horribly wrong.
  • SezxyStef
    Options

Huh?

@atypicalsmith not sure what part of that you didn't get...

net calories is the basis of this site...
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

How much is "too steep" of a calorie deficit that it can cause "skinny fat"? And what IS "skinny fat" anyway? 1500-1,000=500 is perfect math; what does it have to do with OP's original question? She asked for support, not math that has nothing to do with her situation.

Still not sure of what part you didn't get . . .
  • SezxyStef
    edited June 2015
    Options

How much is "too steep" of a calorie deficit that it can cause "skinny fat"? And what IS "skinny fat" anyway? 1500-1,000=500 is perfect math; what does it have to do with OP's original question? She asked for support, not math that has nothing to do with her situation.

Still not sure of what part you didn't get . . .
    Hi fit friends! I got a question. Mfp allowes my to eat almost 1500calories a day to lose 0.5kg a week. But when i enter my exersize of the day it allowes me to eat more. But if i want to lose weight should i eat it or leave it on the 1500 a day? Because mostly i cannot even eat more since im used to it already
    greetings from belgium!
    Ps i would love more motivation friends to keep us together on track!

Wow...really? Did you read the OP...

The original question is bolded...above.

The math comes from another comment from the OP where I can illustrate net calories...

Glad you found the one you want to pick apart today...hope you are having fun derailing. :D

PS get it now??? esp since it's been pointed out in black and white for you????

ETA: the ask for support was a PS to the original question about eating exercise calories back.