Best way to lose thighs' fat?

2»

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    spin class. 2 or 3 times a week.
  • ShanonVdM
    ShanonVdM Posts: 174 Member
    Just start RUNNING ! It worked for me ! ALOT !
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    When I joined MFP I didn't really bother with serious research on anyone who hadn't lost at least 75lbs, since my goal was to lose 100lbs. Chatted with a lot of folks, learned plenty along the way, but learned considerably more from those people with my start and end points.

What I'm suggesting is that you find people who look like what you want to look like and specifically who started off where you are today and friend them, ask them questions, etc.

And ignore the rest. Especially any bickering or "broscience".
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    edited June 2015
    Help me understand.

So, you guys say I CAN"T build muscle if I am in a calorie deficit? But if I want to lose weight ( which I do, about 35 pounds )I have to be in a deficit...but there is no point strength straining because I wont build muscle??
    Should I just not strength train until I lost the weight I want to lose?

Thanks!

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,979 Member
    Help me understand.

So, you guys say I CAN"T build muscle if I am in a calorie deficit? But if I want to lose weight ( which I do, about 35 pounds )I have to be in a deficit...but there is no point strength straining because I wont build muscle??
    Should I just not strength train until I lost the weight I want to lose?

Thanks!

A deficit causes you to burn both muscle and fat. Lifting helps retain muscle during that time.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Ok..so I can still tone and keep the muscles I do have?

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,979 Member
    The "tone" look you're seeking comes from losing body fat so your muscles show. Lift to keep the muscle and eat at a deficit to lose the fat. It will all come together.
  • DesertGunR
    DesertGunR Posts: 187 Member
    edited June 2015
    Eating at deficit will not allow you to gain muscle. Strength training will help you keep the lean muscle mass you have by eating the proper amount of protein. This will help your body to recover on your rest days. Once, you have lost the weight you wish to lose. Then you can decide if you want to eat at a slight surplus to take your strength training to the next level. At that point you will have to gain weight again as you continue lifting to gain muscle. Message @3bambi3 @Fujiberry @arditarose just to name a few and they can give you more specifics from a woman's point of view and experience.

Good Luck!
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    xcalygrl wrote: »
    xcalygrl wrote: »
    Pu_239 wrote: »
    You guys are right on everything you are saying. Thank you for your support. I'm pretty frustrated. Weight loss plateau is a B****. I need to throw away my scale and listen to your guys advices.

was scrolling through the topic, maybe i missed it, where did you get the idea you're in a plateau?

Gained 84 lbs with pregnancy. And I haven't been able to lose the last 25 lbs haven't lose a single lb since November and I see changes everywhere on my body but my thighs

Have you reevaluated your calories lately? 9 times out of a 10 a plateau is the result of 1) not reducing your calorie goal as you lose, 2) overestimating calories burned, 3) underestimating calories eaten, or a combination of all three. Check all of those and see if those may be the cause of your plateau.

I wasn't counting calories for the first 55 lbs I was making healthy choices and not letting be more than 600 calories/meal. Yesterday, I got back to MFP and have it set to almost 1500 calories a day (so there is a reduction) I have a polarF7 which I use every time I workout (unless I forget it of course) and usually I burn between 400 to 800 a day 5 days a week. I try to eat some of the calories burned but not all.

Stick with the goal MFP gave you (the 1500) for 3-4 weeks. After 3-4 weeks, see what your weight has done. If you are losing, stick with it. If you have maintained, reduce your calories. If you have gained, again reduce your calories.

What kind of workouts are you doing? HRM are really only good for steady state cardio (i.e. running/walking), not circuits or weight lifting. They also tend to overestimate what you really burn (not as much as MFP does, but they do have a margin of error). If you are going to eat back your exercise calories, which you should if you are following the MFP method, start with only half of them. Again, stick with that for 3-4 weeks (same as above) and see what your weight does.

If that all sounds like too much hassle, you can try the TDEE method.

What device would you recommend? I was thinking about getting the new Fitbit because i think it can give me a better idea of how many calories I'm really but omg throughout the day and then see how many I should be eating that day. You know what I mean?

The problem with fitness trackers is that they aren't accurate. The calories burned are the result of an equation that the tracker uses. For some people it could be pretty close, but for others is could be really high or really low. You're better off tracking about half of your exercise calories on here, eating what MFP tells you to, and keeping a running log of what your weight actually does. That can better provide your true calorie needs, better than any online calculator or fitness tracker.
  • Fujiberry
    Fujiberry Posts: 400 Member
    DesertGunR wrote: »
    Eating at deficit will not allow you to gain muscle. Strength training will help you keep the lean muscle mass you have by eating the proper amount of protein. This will help your body to recover on your rest days. Once, you have lost the weight you wish to lose. Then you can decide if you want to eat at a slight surplus to take your strength training to the next level. At that point you will have to gain weight again as you continue lifting to gain muscle. Message @3bambi3 @Fujiberry @arditarose just to name a few and they can give you more specifics from a woman's point of view and experience.

Good Luck!
    Thanks for the shoutout! (I need to check the desktop version of MFP more often haha). OP, if you need any help, feel free to message me. :)