Diamonds in the Rough 7 Week Challenge: Round 2 [Week 4]

Options
Week 4!

I would like to applaud the ladies that made it this far. I have been away on business and was unable to make team changes etc. This week I will contact you each individually to update you on changes and to check in re: continuing in DITR. Thank you to all of you who weighed in! I know it can be a little confusing determining which week we are in. However, please be sure that your weigh in matches the week that it will be listed on this message board. (This was the week 4 weigh in because I am posting it on the week 4 board).

Sorry for all the technicalities... now for the fun part!

I have to say that our competition has gotten CLOSER THAN EVER! However, I must once again crown just one winning team... and there is a new winning team in town! Congratulations to the Pink Diamonds for their win, and a total loss of 10.2 pounds. The Blue Diamonds lost 9.6 pounds and the Yellow Diamonds lost 7 pounds.

Let's go Diamonds! Great job on losing 34.5 pounds as a group! WE ROCK!

Our individual winners are...

Biggest Loser, Blue Diamonds - Maria (4.8 lbs) [edited 8/23/11 8:34 p.m.]
Biggest Loser, Pink Diamonds - Chase (4 lbs)
Biggest Loser, Yellow Diamonds - Ygrad2001 (3.2 lb)

Diamonds, I am so proud! If I'm not mistaken, this is our biggest loss yet! Talk about keeping up the momentum!

I always say that EVERY loss is worth celebrating, so here are the losses for this week (in alphabetical order):

Chasekilgannon - Chase 4
Countryrose7 - Molly 0.2
Cshine06 - Krystle 0.8
Dab52776 - Dawn 2.5
ElleJay221 - Elle 1.2
HungryMom - Maria 4.8
Jacks90 - Jackie 1.6
Kaveril422 - Kristin 2
Kristinmp - Kristin 1.6
Lydt5880 1
MoreGutThanButt 1
Nikkiws - Nikki 1
Nkfowler74 - Nicole 2.5
Starsnyc21 2
Tramik31 - Tracee 2.1
TrimmingTracie - Tracie 1.4
Ygrad2001 3.2
Zoe9636 - Zoe 1.6

Great job ladies! The new trophy is on the DITR profile page!
QUESTION OF THE DAY (sorry it's so late in the day)

At what point in your weigh loss journey did you join MFP?

My response:

I joined MFP about a month into starting on my weight loss journey. I had a weight loss buddy, but she pretty much bailed on me and I turned to the internet to find support. I actually searched several sites, and only stumbled on MFP after I downloaded the calorie counter on my iphone. I was so happy when I visited the actual site and got such great support! I started DITR because I felt that the only missing element was the one to one accountability that a buddy provides. Now I have that and more. Love you guys!

Diamonds in the Rough Guidelines:

- COMMUNICATE with your buddy and with each other! Answer the Question of the Day!
- Please use the link provided on the DITR profile page to weigh in on your weigh in day.
- Support, support, support! Who can’t use a home court advantage? Let’s cheer each other on!

IMPORTANT NOTE

In order to maintain some order on the forum, I will close the forum and start a new one every Monday.

5645999533_0924bccd84_b.jpg
DITR Final Teams

Replies

• KPstartingover
    KPstartingover Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo! Go Pink Diamonds! And great job everyone!

I joined mfp after several unsuccessful starts on my own. It was the blackberry app that brought me here, because even though I knew it was beneficial to log, it is also not so fun to carry around pen and paper to write everything down. With the phone, nobody knows what I'm doing, and I can track easily. My start weight on mfp is the highest I've been except for pregnancy, so I guess this time I'm in from the beginning. AND, this is THE LAST TIME I'm going to have to lose these pounds!!!!!
  • cshine06
    cshine06 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    QUESTION OF THE DAY Monday

I was previously 167 and lost 25 pounds on my own. I was referred her by a friends and it is to just lose my last 10 pounds or so. I will say I am more than half way through my journey and the progress is gradual.

BTW Great job team PINK for the excellent work with burning the calories and pounds.... :)
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Congrats Diamonds! This was a great week for many of us!!!!!

QOTD: I joined MFP when I was ready to start losing the baby weight. I had lost a bunch of weight before getting pregnant, following the eat clean program. After having the baby, I was struggling to get that strict with myself again....just didn't have the time for all the food prep involved. So, I looked for something that gave me guidelines but still allowed for flexibility. I do hope to incorporate the eat clean philosophies back into my plan at some point because it was one thing that my body really responded to.....but I'm just not there yet!
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Diamonds

Pink Diamonds fantastic congratulations

I was not happy with my weight so started WW then did some cabbage soup diet then realised that is not the way to loose weight so joined MFP i guess i bought some Teambody DVD that' where i heard about MFP . I am so glad i m here

Sorry Blue Team didn't loose any this week
    will not let you down next week

Kathy
  • jacks90
    jacks90 Posts: 14
    Options
    Congrats to all the Diamonds!!! Keep up the good work

At what point in your weigh loss journey did you join MFP? I started using MFP about 2 weeks into my journey. My sister introduced me to the site and I've been using it ever since. It's awesome.
  • kaveril422
    kaveril422 Posts: 116 Member
    Options

I joined pretty soon in my journey I had lost maybe 10 or 15 lbs and my friend told me about it. It has been my number one tool every since.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to All of the winners. A big congratulations to my partner, YGrad!
  • lydt5880
    lydt5880 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    GO PINK DIAMONDS!! and
    Way to go Chase!!!!!
  • lydt5880
    lydt5880 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    QUESTION OF THE DAY

I began MFP after 3 years struggling with Weightwatchers. I needed a change to something that i could manage easier and more accessible i.e through my mobile and by looking on packets for calories rather than having to buy WW things for the points/propoints when out.

I am enjoying the support people give on here and also the support i can give to others.
  • nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options
    Well done everyone for the great weight loss this week.

QOTD Monday: I started using mfp when my son was about 6 months and I joined the gym. I had already lost 2 stone through giving birth and nursing.... but needed to start really trying to lose some of the baby weight. I am so chuffed to now be Slimmer than before I got pregnant!
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

I started my weight loss journey last September, and was able to lose just over 10 lbs last fall. But it was a struggle. Once the new year hit, I saw a couple pounds creep back on.
    I had kept a food diary last fall, and knew that I needed to start keeping track of my food once again, but it was so hard to do with just pen and paper. I had thought about ways to keep a food journal on the computer, so I could access it at my desk and at home...and then read a blog about MFP in early March.....and here I am!
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Congrats Pink team! Whohoo! Way to go Chase!!!!
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Congrats to our biggest loser Chase!! And all the diamonds that lost anything because it is a major accomplishment!

Monday QOTD: At what point in your weigh loss journey did you join MFP?

I joined at the beginning of my jouney. I was looking through my droid apps and discovered MFP. Glad I jumped on the website because the encouragement is AMAZING! thanks ladies!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options

I'm not sure how to answer that as I feel that my entire adult life has been spent on a weight loss journey. I followed a very strict eating plan to lose the weight after my last pregnancy. When my son turned 1, I loosed up on my strict eating and gained back 15 lbs. I joined MFP about 6 months later. A month into MFP I had knee surgery and gained another 10 lbs. I have been losing and gaining it back since January.:grumble: I get going very well, but then I get busy with life and my control slips.
  • chasekilgannon
    Options
    Sorry ladies, had left my phone at my friends house, didn't get it back til later.

About a month into my weight loss.
  • nkfowler74
    nkfowler74 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

I started using MFP about a week after I decided to actually do something to lose the baby weight. I had downloaded the app on my Droid about 6-8 weeks before that but had only used it once or twice to check calories at a restaurant. And that was more out of sheer curiousity not due to actively trying to lose weight.
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    QOTD monday

My response: I started my weight loss journey in October 2010, and joined MFP about a month or so into it (11/30/10). My best friend suggested it (as I needed some sort of plan-and Weight Watchers worked for me in the past, but I didn't want to pay $$$$ for that, as it is too expensive!!). My best friend used it for her to get started on her weight loss journey, and she was successful on it, so I decided I would give it a shot! And here I am, 44.4 lbs lighter... :D
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    QOTD

I actually join MFP back in Oct '10 but I did not start taking it seriously until Feb '11. I guess it was a combination of things that made me change. I really just decided that I wanted my future to start today. In my dreams I never invision myself as an overweight person. So I decided it was time to change things and live the dream.
  • ygrad2001
    ygrad2001 Posts: 230
    Options
    QOTD: Tuesday- Has losing weight had any effect on your sex life? If so is it better or worse?
  • ygrad2001
    ygrad2001 Posts: 230
    Options
    Congratulations to All of the winners. A big congratulations to my partner, YGrad!

Thank you!