1,200 calories a day

Options
2»

Replies

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Im taking metformin it was helping but just lately its stopped ive been taking 1 with breakfast and 2 with dinner i dont know if im ment to cause the pharmacist said i can take 2 together not long ago but then I don't know if its still ok cause they changed them

Okay, if you're on metformin, you have insulin resistance.

You very likely will do well with some carbohydrate restriction. Join the low carb group and go from there.

• tdatsenko
    tdatsenko Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    So I went through her diary, and it could be better.

OP you need to start weighing stuff. Like your morning tea, it would be more accurate if you did tea + however much milk you put in it + however much sugar you put in it instead of "tea with whole milk and two sugars".

I also can't really tell if you're eating take out for most of your food or per-packaged food since I don't know what a Chinese 3 in 1 is. There are also lots of things that include a serving size of "slice" or something else that's hard to define.

I would also make sure that you're actually logging everything you eat. Like @mamapeach910 said, you still should lose a little weight even with the inaccuracy unless you're leaving stuff out of your diary.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I'm insulin resistant or not to be honest. The doctors in my area tend to like fobbing you off when you're polycystic. All I know is, if I don't watch my food intake, I pile on weight like a beast. So for me, it will be a constant battle to keep it under control.

I think not being on BC has helped me massively. I don't lose anything when I'm on the pill, I just get bigger but it does give me a voracious appetite.
  • Neelie021
    Neelie021 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200 a day sometimes 1300 I watch my carb intake and have a high protein diet. It's very precise and a lot of work but it's worth it.