Get Fit by the Summer (July 2011)

Options

Replies

• simply_lovable08
    Options
    Ok. woke up this morning at 237. That's 4 lbs since last weigh in. I will be on vacation through June 19. No internet where I'm going. So I may miss posting my weights for the 5th. But i will keep track and post. I am not planning on gaining in this trip, wish me luck! About a week ago I got this short hair cut that I was craving, but was waiting until my face was smaller and I went shopping this weekend and brought 4 sexy dresses. Not at goal (not even close) but that didnt stop me from feeling sexy. It did so much for my confidence. So my advice for this week is don't wait to you are where you want to be to do something nice for yourself. Be happy with the now "you". Attitude does a lot for the outlook you have on life. I'm loving me.

6515753.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

April 10th: 244
    April 24th: 244
    May 8th: 241
    May 22nd: 237
    June 5th:
    June 19th:
    July 3rd:
    July 17th:
    July 31st:

I love your spirit Mswestmoreland......... can i ask you how you are doing with the no bread, no sugar thing? Are you having bad cravings or anything. i am debating doing it for a week and seeing how I feel.
  • simply_lovable08
    Options
    No loss but no gain either.... so I am cool with that. Debating cutting out bread and refined sugars for a week to see if that helps any.

April 10th: 223.3
    April 24th: 225.2
    May 8th: 224.5
    May 22nd: 224.5
    June 5th:
    June 19th:
    July 3rd:
    July 17th:
    July 31st
  • mrswestmoreland
    mrswestmoreland Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Reference to : I love your spirit Mswestmoreland......... can i ask you how you are doing with the no bread, no sugar thing? Are you having bad cravings or anything. i am debating doing it for a week and seeing how I feel.

The no bread and sweets is going great for me. I've being doing it for a couple of weeks and lost about 10 lbs. I do eat fruits and other carbs. I don't crave it. I have a box of honey buns in my house that's been there going on week 2. The first 3 days maybe harder, but after that you should be good. Especially when you see the big drops on the scale. Doing low carb (under 20 grams like the Atkins diet) may help you drop even more weight faster, but i opted to eat fruits and other carbs. This week i added in wheat bread and crackers. I think you should go cold turkey this week and try it out. My only advice is make sure you have every meal planned out. Don't get caught in a situation with nothing to eat. I try to eat 300 calories or less at 8:00, 11:00, 2:00, 5:00, and 8:00. I usually dont eat all 1500 calories by the end of the day but it helps me portion my meals according to my rule that it should not go over 300 calories.

Quick meal options: Chicken with green beans, tuna fish, salads, steak with cababge, fish. Maybe you can find 4 carb friendly meal and eat the same thing for a week. Like eggs and bacon every morning, then salads for lunch, chicken or fish with vegetables for dinner, and use like cheese, beef jerky, low carbs shakes, atkin bars, nuts for snacks. Good luck. And atkins have a good website that will give you a list of foods along with carb friendly recipes. Look at phase 1 (see link below)http://www.atkins.com/Program/Phase1/WhatYouCanEatinthisPhase.aspx
  • rurukidoo
    rurukidoo Posts: 54
    Options
    I missed posting the last check in me and dates just don't work well together lately! =(

Anyway weighed in last week at 188, showing 187 today, but I haven't logged it as yet, till it stays for a few days! =D

April 10th: 192
    April 24th: 192
    May 8th: 190
    May 22nd: 188
    June 5th:
    June 19th:
    July 3rd:
    July 17th:
    July 31st:
  • Soufsidekitho
    Soufsidekitho Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    MEEEEEEEEEEEE!
  • Mahora
    Mahora Posts: 15
    Options
    April 10th: 145
    April 24th: 146..... bahhhh I hate soo much during Easter Weekend... lucky I didn't gain more than that but still that makes me sad! :-(
    May 8th: 143... I'm back on track!
    May 22nd: 142....only 1pound and sweeting my *kitten* off .... it's getting frustrating
    June 5th:
    June 19th:
    July 3rd:
    July 17th:
    July 31st
  • mrswestmoreland
    Options
    I understand the frustration. I've been eating good and the scale has been dropping. Ate good yesterday and the scale went up over a pound. WTF! I'm going to stay on track and maybe chalk this up to "i feel a cramp coming on" but still WTF!
  • CRmom2
    CRmom2 Posts: 73
    Options
    To many of you that are having the same stuggle as I am with the scale...even with the great eating the dang thing won't move!! But what I have noticed is that I AM losing inches and feeling better!! I am working really hard on not focusing souly on that scale (which is REALLY hard for me being that I have stepped on the scale at least 3 times a day for the last 20 years) and I will have to admit that the scale has been an obsession of mine. Just wanted to put that out there in hopes that it may help some of you! If you aren't already I would recommend that you start keeping track of your measurements as well!! Hope that helps!
  • shellypoo7
    shellypoo7 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    :happy:
    Good for you Shell. Keep up the good work. I am debating giving up bread and sugar for the week and seeing how I feel. Maybe i can do just from Monday through Friday and gauge how my body feels.

Try it Simply.....it won't hurt any and I guarantee you'll lose at least a pound by the end of the week by cutting those things out of your diet.:happy:
  • shellypoo7
    Options
    So how do you stay on a sensible diet plan to lose weight? Take it one day at a time. First, you need a plan. Write down foods you like to eat and create a diet menu of foods that form a sensible diet plan (myfitnesspal.com):bigsmile: .

Control your portion size and be sure to eat 3 to 5 times daily. Never skip breakfast and prepare some of your meals in advance. You can place lunch and snacks in a plastic container when you travel. Losing weight doesn't happen automatically, it takes planning.

Follow a sensible diet plan each day and don't beat yourself when you overeat. Tomorrow is another day and get right back on your plan. Remember, you can accomplish anything in life when you have a plan and take action on a daily basis.
  • mrswestmoreland
    Options
    It's hump day, but don't let that derail your plans of working on your humps. I see y'all as my weight loss buddies and this quote made me think of y'all: Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter. So good travels to everyone!
  • Lou05
    Lou05 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    how's everyone going this week? only a week till weigh in hope we all get good results.
  • shellypoo7
    Options
    how's everyone going this week? only a week till weigh in hope we all get good results.

This weekend was a rough one for me. I jumped on the scale and picked a pound back up, so I'm gonna work hard to try and get it back off plus some by the next weigh in. I've been going through some emotional stuff lately and it's sapping my energy and making me want to munch.:explode: :frown:
  • Lou05
    Lou05 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    April 10th: 193.2
    April 24th: 190.8 cool thats not to bad
    May 8th: 187.8 oooo 3lb not bad
    May 22nd: 186.2 only a little this time, still lost so am happy
    June 5th: 183.4
    June 19th:
    July 3rd:
    July 17th:
    July 31st

weighing in today as gonna spend time with the boys tomorrow.:happy: good luck to you all and keep up the good work:wink:
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    April 10th: 136
    April 24th: 133 (3lb loss)
    May 8th: 130 (3lb loss)
    May 22nd: 128 (2lb loss)
    June 5th: 126 (2lb loss)
    June 19th:
    July 3rd:
    July 17th:
    July 31st:

Loss in 8 weeks: 10lbs
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I lost another pound to be at 195.0
  • Mahora
    Mahora Posts: 15
    Options
    April 24th: 146..... bahhhh I hate soo much during Easter Weekend... lucky I didn't gain more than that but still that makes me sad! :-(
    May 22nd: 142....only 1pound and sweeting my *kitten* off .... it's getting frustrating
    June 5th: 139.... YEAH at last something is going on!
    June 19th:
    July 3rd:
    July 17th:
    July 31st
  • shellypoo7
    Options
    April 10th: 136
    April 24th: 133 (3lb loss)
    May 8th: 130 (3lb loss)
    May 22nd: 128 (2lb loss)
    June 5th: 126 (2lb loss)
    June 19th:
    July 3rd:
    July 17th:
    July 31st:

Loss in 8 weeks: 10lbs

You are doing great! Keep up the good work!
  • shellypoo7
    Options
    June 5th: 139.... YEAH at last something is going on!
    June 19th:
    July 3rd:
    July 17th:
    July 31st

Good job!!!!
  • shellypoo7
    Options
    Still on an emotional rollercoaster (PMSing), emotionally eating, not really exercising and not getting enough rest. I picked up 2-3 lbs again. I feel like the only way I'm going to lose it to get drastic and why does it have to be that way! GOSH, I'm frustrated!