Why am I not gaining weight?

Options
I've been bulking for a couple months and I know Im not going to see results straightaway, but I should see a little bit of changes atleast..

Is there something else, like meal replacements to help me?

I

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If you're not gaining then you need to up your cals
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options

This

• s_hossein
    s_hossein Posts: 143 Member
    Options

But I find it difficult to eat so much
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    s_hossein wrote: »

Try adding calorie dense not-so-filling foods.
    Nuts
    Nut butters
    Ice cream
    Full fat dairy
    Oils
    Butter
    etc.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

What are you eating? Open your diary.
  • s_hossein
    Options
    xcalygrl wrote: »

Nuts
    Nut butters
    Ice cream
    Full fat dairy
    Oils
    Butter
    etc.

I can have ice cream?

• s_hossein
    Options

I follow a meal plan

• TavistockToad
    Options

I follow a meal plan

This is like pulling teeth....
  • s_hossein
    Options

I follow a meal plan

This is like pulling teeth....

I dont know what to do, I follow Buffie the Body's stick to thick meals.
    Is it that bad?

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever you want. Make up most of your diet with nutritious foods to make sure you get everything you need, add some high calorie cookies, peanut butter, ice cream, whatever to up your calories.

If you are bulking - 99% of the equation is calorie totals - not the diet composition.
  • Lady_jane_
    Lady_jane_ Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    we would have to know who that is. I'm going to guess it's not the greatest meal plan, if you don't know that you can eat ice cream. Gaining weight is a calories game. Yes, it's very hard to eat "healthy" foods all day long, but it isn't that hard to eat healthy foods followed by a bowl of ice cream. or a handful of gummy bears. or whatever floats your boat.

It's a bit of an adjustment to all of a sudden eat all the foods you would normally think to avoid. I stopped eating veggies as much because it's really just too much volume for me right now. I would never thought that I could eat like this.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options

I follow a meal plan

Well, if you aren't gaining then that plan isn't working.

Compromise: stick to the meal plan plus add a serving of icecream?

• s_hossein
    Options
    Lady_jane_ wrote: »
    we would have to know who that is. I'm going to guess it's not the greatest meal plan, if you don't know that you can eat ice cream. Gaining weight is a calories game. Yes, it's very hard to eat "healthy" foods all day long, but it isn't that hard to eat healthy foods followed by a bowl of ice cream. or a handful of gummy bears. or whatever floats your boat.

It's a bit of an adjustment to all of a sudden eat all the foods you would normally think to avoid. I stopped eating veggies as much because it's really just too much volume for me right now. I would never thought that I could eat like this.

I don't mind healthy foods its just too much food.
    I thought I couldn't eat icecream, because of the sugar.

Her meal plans are 3 meals.
    So for breakfast: oatmeal
    Lunch: chicken sandwhich
    Dinner: stir fry
    That's just one example..

I was gaining weight but now I'm stuck at 51 kg

• s_hossein
    Options
    3laine75 wrote: »

I follow a meal plan

So junk food is ok? Not everyday, but if I had fries on one occasion.

• jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    3laine75 wrote: »

I follow a meal plan

So junk food is ok? Not everyday, but if I had fries on one occasion.

Try drinking more of your calories as in shakes, full fat milk, etc because sometimes drinking the calories is easier than eating.
    Not sure how many calories you are on but I'm on 4,000 daily and while at the start, I thought how am I going to get that much food in every day, I got over that my pre logging most of my days so I know what I'm eating and when. Also if those three meals you mentioned are too big, break them into 4 meals, breakfast, lunch, dinner and meal before bed with 2 snacks during the day.
  • jdscrubs32
    Options
    I've been bulking for a couple months and I know Im not going to see results straightaway, but I should see a little bit of changes atleast..

Is there something else, like meal replacements to help me?

I

Also if you have stopped gaining, start to slowly increase the calories until you see the weight going up again. Had to do this myself. Finally if you are doing any cardio, cut it out completely or down to one short 30 minute session a week.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options

You're trying to bulk on that? Deary me.

Eat more meals. Add calorie dense foods - nut butter, honey/maple and protein powder to your oatmeal, serve it with nuts and banana, make it with full fat milk.

Eat a bigger, more calorie dense lunch. Chicken thighs, rice, vegies, cooked in oil, add avo, drizzle with olive oil.

Dinner, try fatty Steak or lamb, oily fish, whole eggs. Rice with your stir fry vegies. Cooked in oil again.

Add snacks. Full fat dairy. Protein shakes made in to a smoothie with fruit, nut butter, milk. Icecream, granola bars, crackers or crisps, snack foods! Add carbs (like dextrose) to your pre/intra/postWO shake. As long as you're eating nutrient dense foods most of the time, less nutritious options to help bump up cals aren't going to kill you.
  • s_hossein
    Options

Eat more meals. Add calorie dense foods - nut butter, honey/maple and protein powder to your oatmeal, serve it with nuts and banana, make it with full fat milk.

Eat a bigger, more calorie dense lunch. Chicken thighs, rice, vegies, cooked in oil, add avo, drizzle with olive oil.

Dinner, try fatty Steak or lamb, oily fish, whole eggs. Rice with your stir fry vegies. Cooked in oil again.

Add snacks. Full fat dairy. Protein shakes made in to a smoothie with fruit, nut butter, milk. Icecream, granola bars, crackers or crisps, snack foods! Add carbs (like dextrose) to your pre/intra/postWO shake. As long as you're eating nutrient dense foods most of the time, less nutritious options to help bump up cals aren't going to kill you.

MFP put me on 2,900 calories.

Thank you I'm going to try that :)
  • jdscrubs32
    Options

^^^^^^^^^this
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    xcalygrl wrote: »

Nuts
    Nut butters
    Ice cream
    Full fat dairy
    Oils
    Butter
    etc.

I can have ice cream?

why could you not have ice cream?

you need to eat more pizza, ice cream, rice, pasta, vegetables, etc, etc….add 100 calories a day and see if ou start gaining. If you don't, then add another 100 and another 100 until you start gaining.

this is not rocket science.