Low carbs-high protein diet recipes

Options
dalysm86
dalysm86 Posts: 29 Member
hello!! Do anyone have any good food recipes that have low carbs?? Any links tips advice would be helpful and appreciate thank you

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Bacon and egg. Cheese omelette. Steak and green salad. Fish and broccoli.
  • dalysm86
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »

Thanks ;)
  • Joshloe
    Joshloe Posts: 14 Member
    Options

lol, when i first started out 3 years ago thats what I thought as well. I've lost over 120lbs. Here's my blog on that journey if anyone is interested http://www.joshloe.com
  • LadyMontdore
    LadyMontdore Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi dalys - personally I got really fed up of eggs and bacon very quickly (and normally I LOVE eggs and bacon). There are loads of blogs on the net with recipes on them that are worth a try. A lot depends on how many carbs you want to take in. I'm shooting for between 30-50 carbs a day and trying to get most of them from veg (and the odd berry!). My favourite recipe is to scoop out an avocado, then mix the fruit with a couple of chopped up cherry tomatoes and a chopped up bacon rasher then pile it all back in the avocado, then pour in a little double cream and top with parmesan. Then I grill it up for five minutes. It's gorgeous. I think the recipe was from India and Nerys's diet cookbook - I've liked all the recipes I've got from there but again the carb counts vary. Tonight I'm having cauliflower rice with pork and red pepper kebabs. There is a world of low carb recipes out there - enjoy finding the ones that you like! :)
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Low-carb, high-protein will introduce you to a lot of: egg whites, eggs, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, feta cheese, meats, fish, chicken, tuna, beans and protein powder :smile:

I usually make some sort of egg or egg whites breakfast, with meats for lunch and salad with tuna for diner.
  • dalysm86
    Options
    Joshloe wrote: »

lol, when i first started out 3 years ago thats what I thought as well. I've lost over 120lbs. Here's my blog on that journey if anyone is interested http://www.joshloe.com

Nice congratulations i want to loose 120 pounds too.. I have a long way to go..
  • dalysm86
    Options
    Hi dalys - personally I got really fed up of eggs and bacon very quickly (and normally I LOVE eggs and bacon). There are loads of blogs on the net with recipes on them that are worth a try. A lot depends on how many carbs you want to take in. I'm shooting for between 30-50 carbs a day and trying to get most of them from veg (and the odd berry!). My favourite recipe is to scoop out an avocado, then mix the fruit with a couple of chopped up cherry tomatoes and a chopped up bacon rasher then pile it all back in the avocado, then pour in a little double cream and top with parmesan. Then I grill it up for five minutes. It's gorgeous. I think the recipe was from India and Nerys's diet cookbook - I've liked all the recipes I've got from there but again the carb counts vary. Tonight I'm having cauliflower rice with pork and red pepper kebabs. There is a world of low carb recipes out there - enjoy finding the ones that you like! :)

Yes i am also shooting the same range of carbs... Thanks for the recipe i will try it... Cauliflower rice??? How is that?? Yes there is im searching lol thanks
  • dalysm86
    Options
    MasterVal wrote: »
    Low-carb, high-protein will introduce you to a lot of: egg whites, eggs, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, feta cheese, meats, fish, chicken, tuna, beans and protein powder :smile:

I usually make some sort of egg or egg whites breakfast, with meats for lunch and salad with tuna for diner.

Yes i am eating all of them... ;) they are delicious:) thanks
  • ViktorFlores
    ViktorFlores Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Beans and Greek yogurt have little carbs but I read that you should stay below 50 grams per day. It's harder than it sounds. Believe me!
  • ViktorFlores
    ViktorFlores Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Stick with green veggies no fruit and lots of fish, chicken, and lean beef. No corn, no flour products. Upside is you can have enough fats to compensate for your low carbs. You have to have enough fats so you don't lose lean muscle. Which helps burn calories.
  • dalysm86
    Options
    Stick with green veggies no fruit and lots of fish, chicken, and lean beef. No corn, no flour products. Upside is you can have enough fats to compensate for your low carbs. You have to have enough fats so you don't lose lean muscle. Which helps burn calories.

Thanks viktor...
  • shivasgirl
    shivasgirl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I make a fritatta....sautee onion, tomato, spinach, mushrooms, whatever veg you like, in an oven safe skillet. pour over 6 scrambled eggs, and add cheese that you like. Bake in oven until set. This is good hot or cold
  • dalysm86
    Options
    shivasgirl wrote: »
    I make a fritatta....sautee onion, tomato, spinach, mushrooms, whatever veg you like, in an oven safe skillet. pour over 6 scrambled eggs, and add cheese that you like. Bake in oven until set. This is good hot or cold

Great thanks for the recipe
  • jrosto
    jrosto Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    For dinners I cycle between skin on chicken, fish, pork chops, shellfish and the like. I keep the proteins mixed up to keep things interesting, also makes shopping easier. A protein and at least a couple servings of lower carb veggies makes for a filling and nutritious dinner.

Lunches are often bone broth with veggies and last night's protein, or maybe a tin of sardines or a tuna salad lettuce wrap. An ounce of macadamia nuts or a couple Brazil nuts make a great snack.

Breakfasts are usually an egg scramble with whatever veggies that are left over in the fridge and often a couple slices of bacon.

Make sure you are getting plenty of good healthy fats. Coconut, avocado, and olive oils are good choices. Butter or ghee are also good if you consume milk products.

Some raw sauerkraut as a snack or with a meal will really help with digestion and health. As will plain, whole milk, kifer or yogurt. Watch the carbs with the milk products though, they can add up quickly so you may want to lay off those while you are trying to stay below 50gr/day.

I lost 90 lbs and really improved my health doing what you are planning. I've been maintaining +/- a pound or two for over 3 months now. I still log everything so you can check out my diary if you want.

You can do this :)
  • adanella
    adanella Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I found it was really important to plan ahead I.e. Making chicken for lunch the night before or getting up early enough to make eggs every morning for breakfast. One of the best things I found if you are craving something sweet and that is also filling is sugar free jello(also pre made). I tried to stay below 10 grams of carbs per day and lost 60 lbs in about 4 months. It was difficult and would not have happened if I didn't have pre made meals when I got hungry. There is virtually nothing you can just grab to eat without cooking it that has no carbs. Of course I gained back since having kids but that's why we are here lol
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with protein 'cheesecake' pudding at the moment. It's just a scoop of your favorite flavor protein powder (i love Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey in Caramel Frappe, Caramel Fudge, Rocky Road or Vanilla Icecream - but they do 19 flavors to choose from), popped in a mini-blender with 150g cottage cheese and stevia/sweetener to taste. Et voila! 230cals 9g carbs 3g fat 39g protein! I eat this for breakfast or dessert when my protein macros are likely to be under.
  • dalysm86
    Options
    jrosto wrote: »
    For dinners I cycle between skin on chicken, fish, pork chops, shellfish and the like. I keep the proteins mixed up to keep things interesting, also makes shopping easier. A protein and at least a couple servings of lower carb veggies makes for a filling and nutritious dinner.

Lunches are often bone broth with veggies and last night's protein, or maybe a tin of sardines or a tuna salad lettuce wrap. An ounce of macadamia nuts or a couple Brazil nuts make a great snack.

Breakfasts are usually an egg scramble with whatever veggies that are left over in the fridge and often a couple slices of bacon.

Make sure you are getting plenty of good healthy fats. Coconut, avocado, and olive oils are good choices. Butter or ghee are also good if you consume milk products.

Some raw sauerkraut as a snack or with a meal will really help with digestion and health. As will plain, whole milk, kifer or yogurt. Watch the carbs with the milk products though, they can add up quickly so you may want to lay off those while you are trying to stay below 50gr/day.

I lost 90 lbs and really improved my health doing what you are planning. I've been maintaining +/- a pound or two for over 3 months now. I still log everything so you can check out my diary if you want.

You can do this :)

Waoo you are great thank u so much i will definitely follow ur advices
  • dalysm86
    Options
    adanella wrote: »
    I found it was really important to plan ahead I.e. Making chicken for lunch the night before or getting up early enough to make eggs every morning for breakfast. One of the best things I found if you are craving something sweet and that is also filling is sugar free jello(also pre made). I tried to stay below 10 grams of carbs per day and lost 60 lbs in about 4 months. It was difficult and would not have happened if I didn't have pre made meals when I got hungry. There is virtually nothing you can just grab to eat without cooking it that has no carbs. Of course I gained back since having kids but that's why we are here lol

Wao congratulations on your weight loss 60lbs is alot.. I want to loose that and more... Yes pre made meals are the way to go.. Thank you for your tips and advice
  • dalysm86
    Options
    I'm obsessed with protein 'cheesecake' pudding at the moment. It's just a scoop of your favorite flavor protein powder (i love Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey in Caramel Frappe, Caramel Fudge, Rocky Road or Vanilla Icecream - but they do 19 flavors to choose from), popped in a mini-blender with 150g cottage cheese and stevia/sweetener to taste. Et voila! 230cals 9g carbs 3g fat 39g protein! I eat this for breakfast or dessert when my protein macros are likely to be under.

Sounds delicious thank you