Chips, chips and more chips!!

Options
13»

Replies

• nadjam1234
    nadjam1234 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have no shut-off valve when it comes to chips. If I bought a small bag, and finished them, I'd be right back to the store to buy more. If a bowl of chips is at an event, I do my best to stay away, but as soon as I eat one (haha...you can't ever eat just one), then I am the one snorfing back the whole bowl. I have to stay away because I love them too much. So...I actually hunted for a thread on chips so I could see everyone's great suggestions. Popcorn is my go to when I do need to have something.
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Damit!!! Now I want chips :#
  • ccourcha
    ccourcha Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    kale chips or cabbage chips pretty good, super easy to make.
  • jameshaslam
    jameshaslam Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    veggie straws. You can have a whole plate full (about 80 or 28g) for only 120 calories + 11g carbs. And they are low sodium
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I manage to fit in 28 grams of my favorite Wavy Lays into my food plan at least two or three days a week. I'm still maintaining; I just have to not have my dark chocolate or a glass of wine that day. Discretionary calories are there for a reason.
  • clairibell
    clairibell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think making sweet potatoe wedges/chips really helps. Oven cooked and u can still add the same salt and vinegar or whatever.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    They sell those bags that are meant to go in kids lunches. I get ours at Trader Joe's. That's how I buy them for the kids anyway, so they stay fresh and so the kids don't over eat them. I just have a bag of chips, but to be honest? In the seven months I've been restricting calories, I've only wanted chips once. I just had a bag then. It was only 150 calories.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I eat veggie chips or popcorn. I haven't had an actual potato chip in a long time.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    clairibell wrote: »
    I think making sweet potatoe wedges/chips really helps. Oven cooked and u can still add the same salt and vinegar or whatever.

They don't give the same crunchy satisfaction though! Good alternative to fried fries/hot chips...

I like pop chips.... They satisfy my craving for crunch. Or rice cakes but the cals aren't much different. Quest chips are good too, only BBQ flavour, the rest don't excite me much :p

I've made zucchini, beetroot, carrot and sweet potato chips and kale chips in the dehydrator. Not quite as satisfying, but pretty good for what they are.

• jaxass
    jaxass Posts: 2,128 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    The only chips I like are Cheetos. Oh, they are so good, yet I don't crave 'em for some reason.

My weakness is chips/salsa at Mexican restaurants. Note to self: "Self, stay away from chips/salsa."

Think that'll work????
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    It's funny, I actually prefer chips to sweets but since losing weight-I find that sweets fit into my calorie goals easier. I used to never buy chocolate bars, now I do all the time. Chips rarely work though-I like the whole bag.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I feel you on this. I'm currently addicted to riceworks black sesame chips.