Prep time 5 mins
    Cook time 1 hour 20 mins
    Total time 1 hour 25 mins

Ingredients

8 chicken thighs
    6-8 large potatoes, cut in quarters or halves
    5-6 carrots, cut in 1-2 inch pieces
    1 onion, cut in quarters
    15-20 garlic cloves, whole (yes, you read this right! ;) )
    Kosher salt
    Black ground pepper
    4 tsp ground pepper or 5 cloves garlic, crushed
    ½ tsp paprika (optional)
    3-4 Tbsp olive oil.

Instructions

Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with foil or even better, parchment paper.
    Thoroughly wash the potatoes & carrots with a scrubber and cut them in smaller pieces. Pat dry with a paper towel.

Rinse the chicken under running water & also pat dry with paper towel.
    Add chicken, potatoes and carrots, onion & garlic to the lined baking dish and sprinkle with salt, ground pepper and garlic.

Drizzle with olive oil. Toss everything to coat.
    Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes. Check for doneness, if the potatoes and chicken thighs are soft and easily pierced with the fork they are ready.

If the chicken and potatoes have not browned up as much as you would like, turn the broil setting on the oven and broil for 5 minutes. Watch carefully, or they will burn.

Remove from the oven and serve right away in the baking dish or transfer to a warm serving plate.
    http://letthebakingbeginblog.com/2014/05/one-pot-chicken-potatoes/
  • Rerun201
    Rerun201 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Smolov Squat Cycle. Turn them into turkey legs fast.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    I marinate every meat I cook aside from fish. Use aromatics like fresh herbs, fresh garlic, and scallions...maybe some spices like red pepper flake, black pepper, ground fennel seed... with an olive oil base. Marinate for 1 day. Add kosher salt just before you cook the chicken, not in the marinade, which will alter the texture of the meat.

There's also nothing worse than loose, soggy, wet, rubbery chicken skin.

Make sure that you pat the chicken dry before searing, rub the meat enough oil before cooking, add kosher salt to both sides, get a pan very hot, add some oil, and sear the chicken skin-side down before flipping it oven and finishing it in the oven.
  • rbakedq
    rbakedq Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I do a version of this one....
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/baked-chicken-fajitas
    but with chicken thighs. I think it is better that way.
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I absolutely adore Penzey's Fox Pointe seasoning. We have a store locally, but you can also buy their spices online.

LOVE LOVE Penzey's Spices!!!!
  • PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I use these:

c28esrtwackv.jpg
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    PopeyeCT wrote: »
    I use these:

c28esrtwackv.jpg
    mousie1973 wrote: »
    I absolutely adore Penzey's Fox Pointe seasoning. We have a store locally, but you can also buy their spices online.

LOVE LOVE Penzey's Spices!!!!
    @PopeyeCT @mousie1973 How is the sodium in the above products you all use? I'm not familiar with either brand. But would love to hear more :)

Thanks,
    Hearts <3
  • tinab190
    tinab190 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    So many great ideas!
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I absolutely adore Penzey's Fox Pointe seasoning.

I just tried that for the first time, OMG amazing! <3 We keep tasting it right out of the jar, might have to order the bag next time!!
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    2 pounds FROZEN boneless chicken (thighs or breasts)
    1 bottle beer (any kind 12 ounce)
    1 head of garlic, peeled
    Put garlic in crockpot, put chicken on top, pour beer over both, a little salt and pepper (optional), turn crockpot on low for 8-10 hours. If you are using thawed meat, probably more like 4 hours.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

I just tried that for the first time, OMG amazing! <3 We keep tasting it right out of the jar, might have to order the bag next time!!

Something available only the web then... not sure I've ever seen it locally. Thanks I'll check Amazon.
  • BeLightYear
    Options

Something available only the web then... not sure I've ever seen it locally. Thanks I'll check Amazon.

I think you can only get it through the Penzey's website: https://www.penzeys.com/catalog/product.aspx?catalog=24&product=393

• sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    marinate for a few hours in yoghurt and lots of garlic, then grill. Also, James Beard's Teriyaki chicken:
    • 1/2 cup olive or peanut oil
      •2/3 cup Japanese soy sauce
      •2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger or 1 chopped candied ginger washed free of all sugar
      •2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
      •1 tablespoon grated orange rind or (preferably) tangerine rind
      •¼ cup Sherry

• 1980s
    1980s Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    2 tbls soy sauce 2 tbls oyster sauce 1/2 cup fresh squeezed OJ and tsp corn starch. Grill chicken in light oil till toasty then do same with any veggies you want then combine all ingredients and cook until sauce thickens shouldn't take more than 5 to 7 mins. You don't have to use all the sauce depending on how much chicken you use. If you add too much add more veggies or let it thicken a bit more.
  • peterjens
    peterjens Posts: 235 Member
    Options