Replies

• jtraska594
    jtraska594 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    He's only doing cardio 1 day per week
    I do also know people can be addicted but idk if that's the case with him

SonyaCele wrote: »
    jtraska594 wrote: »
    But are you talking about big men who definitely look like they work really hard on their body or are we talking about the average man who goes to the gym or it just doesn't matter?

anyone at the gym. looks or size doesnt matter. 4 hours a day at the gym 4 times a week isn't necessarily unreasonable,. If he's doing a few hours lifting and an hour cardio. Its a bit excessive but not totally alarming to me, If the rest of your relationship is good, then why worry. If you suspect something, then go with your suspicious. I can spend up to 2.5 hours with my trainer at the gym, and 2 hours round trip commute. When i'm training for a meet, i'm gone 4 days a week and not home until 10 at night. if my boyfriend ever questioned my gym time, i'd tell him to get lost.

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of reasons behind what I am doing. I have trust issues because of things that happened in this relationship. Never had such bad trust issues with a man.

PeachyPlum wrote: »
    Look, if you think something is wrong to the point where you're asking a bunch of internet strangers whether something seems wrong, there's probably something wrong.

Either way, it's obvious that you don't trust him, either because he is not worthy of your trust or because you're not in a space mentally where you're able to trust people.

Why would you want to be with someone you don't trust?

Trust issues. Well you more likely have the answer already.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    ask him to take you with him one day, if he squirms about it for any reason, dump him. If he is happy and proud to take you, keep him.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    So, 240 minutes, minus drive time, 18 sets puts him at around 11 minutes per set. Even when I'm doing heavy deadlifts it doesn't take me 11 minutes per set. I can spend a solid 15-20 minutes doing an intense deadlift, squat, or clean routine, but if he's doing a split I don't see a lot of long winded sets. Maybe 3-4 minutes per set on the high side, with a lifting buddy working alongside.

When I went to the gym that wasn't attached to my house it was a 30 minute drive both ways, and I typically stopped at the grocery store on the way home and I didn't take four hours. I'd say there are some extra curricular activities going on, but that's between you and him, and I don't know why you decided to broadcast it to the world over the internet, just ask him what the deal is.

Rigger
  • jtraska594
    Options
    I do also know people can be addicted but idk if that's the case with him. The relationship is okay not the best. Have trust issues for a reason (not that I caught him cheating) but similar situation that I am not 100% sure about that he keeps denying. He has been talking about having kids and marriage a lot. Want to figure this out before I make a horrible decision. Would love to find a way to his gym but do not have a car

But are you talking about big men who definitely look like they work really hard on their body or are we talking about the average man who goes to the gym or it just doesn't matter?

anyone at the gym. looks or size doesnt matter. 4 hours a day at the gym 4 times a week isn't necessarily unreasonable,. If he's doing a few hours lifting and an hour cardio. Its a bit excessive but not totally alarming to me, If the rest of your relationship is good, then why worry. If you suspect something, then go with your suspicious. I can spend up to 2.5 hours with my trainer at the gym, and 2 hours round trip commute. When i'm training for a meet, i'm gone 4 days a week and not home until 10 at night. if my boyfriend ever questioned my gym time, i'd tell him to get lost.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    I have a lot of reasons behind what I am doing. I have trust issues because of things that happened in this relationship. Never had such bad trust issues with a man.

Look, if you think something is wrong to the point where you're asking a bunch of internet strangers whether something seems wrong, there's probably something wrong.

Either way, it's obvious that you don't trust him, either because he is not worthy of your trust or because you're not in a space mentally where you're able to trust people.

It hurts me to say this, but I'm afraid he is both a gym rat...and a love rat. :'(
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    He's definitely hooking up with multiple women at the gym
  • jtraska594
    Options

I am asking other people because even if I ask him he will not tell me that truth. Want to know what people who really workout and have the rock body type and size would say this situation sounds like

I do also know people can be addicted but idk if that's the case with him. The relationship is okay not the best. Have trust issues for a reason (not that I caught him cheating) but similar situation that I am not 100% sure about that he keeps denying. He has been talking about having kids and marriage a lot. Want to figure this out before I make a horrible decision. Would love to find a way to his gym but do not have a car

So, 240 minutes, minus drive time, 18 sets puts him at around 11 minutes per set. Even when I'm doing heavy deadlifts it doesn't take me 11 minutes per set. I can spend a solid 15-20 minutes doing an intense deadlift, squat, or clean routine, but if he's doing a split I don't see a lot of long winded sets. Maybe 3-4 minutes per set on the high side, with a lifting buddy working alongside.

When I went to the gym that wasn't attached to my house it was a 30 minute drive both ways, and I typically stopped at the grocery store on the way home and I didn't take four hours. I'd say there are some extra curricular activities going on, but that's between you and him, and I don't know why you decided to broadcast it to the world over the internet, just ask him what the deal is.

Rigger

• jtraska594
    Options
    Have you ever met or seen someone who looks like the rock and works out for THAT long?
    slideaway1 wrote: »

It hurts me to say this, but I'm afraid he is both a gym rat...and a love rat. :'(

• slideaway1
    Options
    Can you suggest to go and work out with him one evening out of the blue. Lets see him sustain a four hour workout then with you watching him whilst do a little light cardio. :)
  • jtraska594
    Options
    I will definitely be asking him one of these days this week. Just don't know how comfortable I will feel doing it. He also usually works out with a friend or two when he is at the gym. Could that be what takes a lot of time or still doesn't matter ?

Have you ever met or seen someone who looks like the rock and works out for THAT long?

Can you suggest to go and work out with him one evening out of the blue. Lets see him sustain a four hour workout then with you watching him whilst do a little light cardio. :)

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

Lol. Looks like The Rock. Loves like The Rat.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I will definitely be asking him one of these days this week. Just don't know how comfortable I will feel doing it. He also usually works out with a friend or two when he is at the gym. Could that be what takes a lot of time or still doesn't matter ?

If you cannot have this conversation you have no business considering marriage and children with him.
  • jtraska594
    Options

Do these people that do this stuff during gym hours stay for like 4 hours ?

Well i know plenty of married people at my gym that are hitting a back room between sets. Or those early morning runs just to meet someone around the block and hop in their car for a 'drive'. anything is possible. Good luck with that. Put a GPS tracker in his car and stalk him.

• Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Dude. You've answered your own question. You don't trust him, and/or he wouldn't tell you the truth. Relationship=broken.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    It seems you're hoping for at least one post to say flat out that "yes, he can totally take 4 hours for a workout" so you can feel better. But, nobody here knows what's up with you or him. You've said you don't trust him to tell you the truth and that you cannot have this conversation. That right there is all you need to know about the basis of your relationship. Considering making it permanent at this point is beyond a bad idea.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    OP, please stop doing this to yourself. This dude has already broken your trust, and you know if you ask him about it, he'll lie to you.

You deserve better than that.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

You know the rock took steroids so which verison we talking 90s the rock or roided up the rock?

TheRock.jpg
    ANd newer roided up rock
    rock.jpg

• slideaway1
    Options
    If he looks like the Rock then he is probably juiced out of his head (no offence to anyone). So, maybe he is just getting his bang for his buck as those guys can spend all day in the gym and be back the next day for more of the same. I love those guys. :)
  • jtraska594
    Options
    I have gotten responses from people who say to not jump to conclusions and he could really be just working out for 4 hours that's why I asked people who really workout hard at the gym and have a certain look that is hard to get and not many guys can get. Just keep forgetting to include detail and include it later on. Want to include as much info in order to get a good response

kami3006 wrote: »
    It seems you're hoping for at least one post to say flat out that "yes, he can totally take 4 hours for a workout" so you can feel better. But, nobody here knows what's up with you or him. You've said you don't trust him to tell you the truth and that you cannot have this conversation. That right there is all you need to know about the basis of your relationship. Considering making it permanent at this point is beyond a bad idea.