Replies

• Tanjarine7
    Tanjarine7 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    DAY 8: Yum yum protein shake.
  • Tanjarine7
    Options
    Gosh this boredom thing and this breath thing combined is just a nightmare! Lol
  • aprilyankee
    aprilyankee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Yeah when I got hungry I drank a bottle of water and chewed some gum. My poor mouth isn't getting much exercise with the lack of snacking. It helps with the boredom.
  • Tanjarine7
    Options
    *sigh* I ended day 8 with a little binge :( I was going to bed but felt like I wanted to eat something. I told myself that I wasn't hungry so I shouldn't eat, but then another side of me said that it wouldn't be a problem to just have some prunes as I was low on calories anyway. Once I got the taste of food in my mouth I just went back for more and had some peanuts and a 9bar. I had an extra 800 calories last night. Sure it was all healthy stuff but I still feel bad now.

I should have listened to the first voice which told me that I wasn't hungry so I shouldn't eat. From now on I need to listen to my belly. And I should just never eat any more food after dinner - the only acceptable thing to have after dinner is a cup of herbal tea. I thought of that yesterday but decided I'd rather have 80 calories of prunes than 60 calories of sugar. Now I wish I just made the tea. This has happened numerous times in the past but now I need to just look back on this post if I feel like eating after dinner. Just don't. Either have some tea or just deal with it - dinner has to be the last meal of the day.
  • Tanjarine7
    Options
    DAY 9: Normally after a binge I will just continue messing up for the week but I need to just get back on track. I still didn't really overeat and at least I didn't have junk - but that doesnt excuse it and I don't want it to happen again. *sigh*
  • las07s
    las07s Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! After seeing this thread, I started my own no junk food challenge. Although it has only been 4 days, I have dropped 4 lbs of water weight! I check in on this thread daily for motivation, so help me out and keep going :smiley:
  • Tanjarine7
    Options
    I weigh 72.4kg today
    las07s wrote: »
    Keep it up! After seeing this thread, I started my own no junk food challenge. Although it has only been 4 days, I have dropped 4 lbs of water weight! I check in on this thread daily for motivation, so help me out and keep going :smiley:

That's great. It feels good to know my thread is helping you. Your post has motivated me too - when I woke up this morning I was thinking of deserting this thread lol.
  • Tanjarine7
    Options
    Looking forward to dinner tonight :) I don't feel hungry and I'm not craving anything...even though I'm sitting around watching a boring tennis match.
  • Tanjarine7
    Options
    I did P90X Yoga X today. I went so long without doing this dvd because I was so concerned about burning calories - I felt I'd rather spend less than 90 minutes burning more calories than do yoga - but this dvd really is so great. It is great for muscular endurance, balance, flexibility...it just makes you feel good. Much better than Yoga X2 and X3.
  • aprilyankee
    Options
    Things happen, it's great to learn from your past, good and bad. But you don't need to dwell there. It'll only create negative feelings and get you down. Absolutely nothing can be done about the past. All you can go is move forward.

Think of all the positives and focus on that. I've had 5000 calories binges so in the scope of things its not too awful. Look at you net calories for the week and just make sure you balance it out.
  • Tanjarine7
    Options
    Average calories for the week should be good. Although I'm trying not to think about weight too much, I hope I am less than 72kg at the start of next week...

For now, I'm having a fruity tea before bed B)
  • aprilyankee
    Options
    I love tea :) I might have a cup myself. I had a good day diet wise. Other than my 20 minute workout I wasn't very active. And I'm not even close to my 10k step goal. Days not over though.
  • joeykay818
    joeykay818 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I did this for lent, only I gave up all sweets and alcohol. After the first week it wasn't so bad. I had one slip during the time-my Lola made Casava and I told her I was doing lent so I couldn't partake. Umm old ladies do not take no for an answer. Needless to say I ate one piece but I made it up by going one extra day. Giving up what I love most was hard at times, but was worth it. I got serious about my weight loss. (And happily have dropped to my goal weight.) Its a great exercise in discipline, and makes you realize how strong you are when you give up the things you love. But remember when you are done that its ok to enjoy all kinds of food even those that aren't so healthy, just don't indulge every day, and watch your portion size. I wish you luck, but you don't need it. You can do this.
  • Tanjarine7
    Options
    Thanks joeykay. I just find it almost impossible to not binge once I have the taste of junk in my mouth. I can't just have one chocolate bar or a few biscuits. So then I just avoid it. I will try, after, to incorporate a whole pack of biscuits into my calories occasionally but it will have to be eaten as slowly as possible and at night lol.
  • las07s
    las07s Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Tanjarine7 wrote: »
    I weigh 72.4kg today
    las07s wrote: »

That's great. It feels good to know my thread is helping you. Your post has motivated me too - when I woke up this morning I was thinking of deserting this thread lol.

Don't desert the thread! I almost broke last night (Ben&Jerry's Peanut Butter Cookie Core Ice Cream) and then I thought, well if this person is doing it so can I! I refuse to let you quit. :wink: :tongue:
  • Tanjarine7
    Options
    DAY 10: Man I savoured my protein porridge this morning. Yum yum. And my 9bar. It does help to take your time as much as possible when eating.
  • Tanjarine7
    Options
    Feeling to eat, but it's too early. I'm quite tired so maybe I will have a nap when I get home.
  • Tanjarine7
    Options
    Still haven't eaten any junk. Picked up a pack of biscuits but put them down. Was looking up pizza delivery but abandoned it. I seem to get extra down around my time of the month which makes it harder to stay on track. Tomorrow and Sunday will be good days.
  • Tanjarine7
    Options
    I need to just go to sleep. I can't stop thinking about pizza :s
  • diane0512
    diane0512 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I sabotaged myself an hour before bed last night. Thanks for making me feel not so alone in this. I could never last on 1200 calories. I like the nighttime tea idea. I'll give it a try next time I crave. It's tough when kids are in bed and nobody would know I ate that piece of chocolate.