My dietitian gave me this diet program i need your opinion

Replies

• walkonfire5
    walkonfire5 Posts: 648 Member
    So if your body, burns 1,400 calories a day. Eat that same amount. In healthy. Fresh made. Nice meals.

And burn 250calories riding a bike. You will lose your weight think about it.

1,400 calories daily is 9,800 calories a week. Drop 250 a daily by food and bike ride.
    A 250 daily drop would be. 8,050 a week. your lose weight

Think long term. Plan you want to keep it off for life. And not by a fad diet. Where your add it back and some more. And be back again
  • Laramary602
    Laramary602 Posts: 52 Member
    157cm
    73kg
    I just walk one hour a day

I wouldn't classify that as obese either. Are you joking?

No im not, She told me that she calculated it
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    157cm
    73kg
    I just walk one hour a day

I wouldn't classify that as obese either. Are you joking?

No im not, She told me that she calculated it

I didn't mean what you thought of you.... I meant that someone would classify you as obese. Surely that made you question what she said and the plan you were given.
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    edited June 2015
    The body cannot use that much protein from a single meal. I would not follow this diet.
  • Laramary602
    Ditch her fast. Never call or answer the phone. And ditch her plan.

Thats a crazy diet plan. I could make one up. Meal one 2egg. Meal 2 200g of veg 150g of veg. Meal 3.. Toast with cheese.

Its madness. Dont eat so little, i started i weighed 324pounds. I had take away every friday. I ate. Small egg egg omelet With cheese tomatoes peppers and mushrooms. lunch i had fish with vegetables. Dinner. I had fish or meat with vegetables and potatoes or rice. With home made guacamole.. And i also had small meals of pasta bake shepherds pie roast dinners stir fry

Its about long term, learning about right food choices. So smaller portions of the food thats not so good for us.

And to learn to make. Healthy meals at home from fresh.

Thats a fad diet. You will snap go mad eat more. Get stressed you added more weight and eat even more.

Think slow and long term, hey you can even have a small slice of cake if you like.

Its all about being in a calorie deficit. Lets say a person needs to eat 3,000 calories to stay at 250 pounds. But wants to get down to say say get down to 150pounds. So eat 1500 calories a day your lose weight and still get to eat food.

So what does a healthy 1500 calories look like. A plate of carrots are only 200cals. See low in calories and very filling. So mix vegetables chicken cocked in a frying pan using olive oil. With some brown rice. Your going to lose. Weight.

Think about it, lets say large person. Eats 3,000 calories a day. For a week thats. That adds up to 21,000 calories. So if they eat at 1,500 calories a day. Thats 10,500 calories in a week. So thats a drop of 10,500 calories a week. You need to lose 3,000 calories to use one pound a week. So do the maths. Thats. 3 pounds a week. life While still eating 1,500 calories a day.

So lets say, you only drop a few hundred calories when your daily diet. Your still going to lose weight. You dont need to cut so low. Your going to give up in a week. This is all about long term for life. For life.

If you carry on eating so low, you will become ill. And i mean organ failure . eye sights failure. hair will fall out irregular periods not being able to have children. Please stop. And think long plan. For life
    Im facing some of the symptoms that you have mentioned , hair fall/ irregular periods and plus very low energy
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited June 2015
    FWIW 200 grams of protein will equal 800 calories, so she did NOT suggest 450 calories. Whoever said that was incorrect. But it's difficult to find a food that is 100 percent protein, like a previous response pointed out.

I think she suggested about 1200 when you consider the banana, salad, yogurt and fruit added to the 200 grams of protein. Protein and carbohydrates each provide 4 calories per gram. Fat provides 9 calories per gram. She suggested no fats??!!

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,953 Member
    rbiss wrote: »
    The body cannot use that much protein from a single meal. I would not follow this diet.

It's not 200g pure protien, but 200g of a "protein" food i.e. meat. But that's not the biggest problem with this diet.
  • Laramary602
    sodakat wrote: »
    FWIW 200 grams of protein will equal 800 calories, so she did NOT suggest 450 calories. Whoever said that was incorrect. But it's difficult to find a food that is 100 percent protein, like a previous response pointed out.

I think she suggested about 1200 when you consider the banana, salad, yogurt and fruit added to the 200 grams of protein. Protein and carbohydrates each provide 4 calories per gram. Fat provides 9 calories per gram. She suggested no fats??!!
    I think the only fat i can have is the good fat found in olive oil thats it
  • walkonfire5
    Your eating to low, for 2 long. with and never speak to her again. As she is bloody crazy. And you will end up on life. go blind. not have children

Eat and eat, you can eat, but you might need some time to start eating again.

Tomorrow. Try having egg omelet with a side of vegetables
    Snack on greek yogurt with fruit.
    Lunch. Salad.
    Dinner. Meat or fish with vegetables and a few potatoes.

Drink loads of water. And build slowly build yourself up again. She is making u pretty ill.

So build up your strength with good fresh healthy food. And then count your calories. Log in on here. And go out for a walk. Or get yourself a workout bike. If you burn 200calories a day your lose weight.

Stay away from high sugar. Foods. High fat foods. Like yogurt cheese avocados olive oil olive oil butter Eggs are all good
  • livingleanlivingclean

What olive oil? You didn't mention that on your plan...
  • Laramary602

Thats included to the dressing of the salad (2 tsp)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    What in the actual hell.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    what is that like 500 calories a day????

yes, fire this person and get a second opinion.

Or just put your stats into MFP and eat to that number..

wow
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Yes she is a registered dietitian she is famous here, i payed 100$ for my first appiontment

i would sue …ASAP
  • livingleanlivingclean

Anything else that gets added? Or any other snacks? And what's in your salad?
  • Laramary602

Anything else that gets added? Or any other snacks? And what's in your salad?

No snacks and the salad contains lettuce cucumber tomato green onion spinach.
  • walkonfire5
    , 100$ to be told that. Maybe i should start selling my diet. Plan.

Roll up roll up, this magical diet will make you lose weight. All the celebrities swear by it........ For just €110 for today only. Order my diet dvd now!

.......... Every Monday only water fast for 36hours. Every monday. Thats water only no tea coffee fruit or anything.

And the rest of the time, you can eat all the pizza and chocolate you like. No vegetables in sights. Vegetables are so dull and overrated yuck no one wants to eat vegetables.

So a recap, a total water fast only on a Monday. And eat chocolate cake and pizza the rest of the time.

please read terms and conditions I'm not responsible For any deaths
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    OP, I just read your other post. You are beautiful. Don't listen to this dietician. Unless there are other health issues you are dealing with, just use this site and eat at a deficit.
  • Laramary602
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Yes she is a registered dietitian she is famous here, i payed 100$ for my first appiontment

i would sue …ASAP

At the second appointment she refused to take my money she said: " just pray for me" !!!!
    Yeah i will, in Hell
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    My body burns 1400 daily? And she gave me a 450 cal program omg

Your body burns much more than 1400/day. If you're sedentary, your TDEE is probably around 1716/day. Your basal metabolic rate (if you don't move and simply lie down and breathe) is about 1430 (assuming your weight and height as given and age 24).

If you want to lose about 1/2 lb a week, you would eat around 1465 without having to exercise. You can eat quite well on that allowance.

The diet this person gave you is abusive and unsustainable, don't worry about the money you've sunk into it now. If you continue you will lose a lot more than that.