My dietitian gave me this diet program i need your opinion

Replies

• Zandranna
    Zandranna Posts: 51 Member
    Is this diet healthy?
    Breakfast: 1 cup of instant coffee with no sugar + 1 banana
    Lunch: large bowl of salad + 200g of protiens
    Dinner: 2 kinds of fruits

If you actually swap the Lunch with the Dinner and vice versa then this daily amount of food doesn't sound that bad.

For instance......

Breakfast: Coffee and Banana
    Lunch: Apple and a large handful of grapes
    Dinner: Cheese, Egg or Ham salad.

That to me is a reasonable day's meals when we are trying to lose weight. I have certainly had days when I have eaten like that.
  • Laramary602
    Laramary602 Posts: 52 Member
    Zandranna wrote: »
    Is this diet healthy?

If you actually swap the Lunch with the Dinner and vice versa then this daily amount of food doesn't sound that bad.

For instance......

That to me is a reasonable day's meals when we are trying to lose weight. I have certainly had days when I have eaten like that.
    I think that breakfast is the most important meal and by eating just one banana and a coffee this meal changes into a snack

• kuriakos_chris
    kuriakos_chris Posts: 48 Member
    Just asking you just passed my reply? Then i ll stop giving you advises
  • elyzabethgimarc
    elyzabethgimarc Posts: 23 Member
    Try not to diet but more change the way you eat entirely. Dieting is just a shorter way of saying temporary weight loss.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Is this diet healthy?

For instance......

No, no its not. Perhaps on the rare day, but not consistently for a prolonged period.
    Is this diet healthy?

For instance......

I think that breakfast is the most important meal and by eating just one banana and a coffee this meal changes into a snack

Breakfast isn't important. You don't need to eat it - it does nothing to "start" your metabolism....i save most of my calories for later in the day as I like eating more at night.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    Is this diet healthy?

For instance......

It's still around 500 calories. That is NOT a reasonable days food, even when dieting (unless it's a 2 day on the 5:2 or something).
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    runrascal wrote: »
    Did she mean you to do this EVERY day? On a 5:2 diet you would have this many calories on the 2 fasting days only. And INSTANT coffee - the ultimate insult to a starving person.
    I think she has copied the HCG diet (500 cal) but she replaced some food
    Side effects have also been reported with the HCG diet and include fatigue, irritability, restlessness, depression, fluid buildup (edema), and swelling of the breasts in boys and men (gynecomastia). Another serious concern is the risk of blood clots forming and blocking blood vessels (thromboembolism).

Even if she modeled it after the HCG diet I would run the opposite direction.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited June 2015
    Is this diet healthy?

That would make a nice lunch and snack, but NO. Sugar as breakfast, and sugar as dinner? And a salad with seven ounces of meat for lunch? Or 200 grams of protein. WTF?

Imho, you'll be starving except for at 1pm.

If you need someone to tell you WHAT to eat, google something like the South Beach Diet, learn from that, and then move on.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Is this diet healthy?

For instance......

That is no where near a reasonable day's worth of food, dieting or not. That would pretty much be a meal for me while dieting, except I'd probably have more protein and less fruit.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Eat banana only after your workout, if you workout. Else dont.
    Add protein to every meal of yours.
    Eat as many salad as you want, since its calorie free and have nutrition things.
    Dont eat the fruit at night, Better one at the morning with 1 egg and some whites, and he other at evening. Not more than 2 fruits a day.

What? what do you think happens if you eat a banana at times that aren't right after a workout?
    Of course salad isn't calorie free.
  • upgradeddiddy
    upgradeddiddy Posts: 281 Member
    Is this diet healthy?

Larymary be like ....

lqmm8x6d3dbt.jpg

You can afford to spread the protein out evenly. 200 g in one meal is a little extreme (and that's even if you actually truly need 200 g)

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    Sorry but this is not healthy. Its like you eat nothing.
    Eat as many salad as you want, since its calorie free and have nutrition things.
    Dont eat the fruit at night, Better one at the morning with 1 egg and some whites, and he other at evening. Not more than 2 fruits a day.
    Eat healthy fats. Either from olive oil or coconaut oil or from eggs, penaut butter.
    Eat some potato or rice.
    Well there are many things i could say but unless you know your maintenance calories, you cant just eat blind.
    Make some searches about how to find your maintenance calories intake. Then log here in MFP and make a diet plan listing foods i mentioned. You can also make arrangments or replace some foods but this is a general idea.Good luck.!

Your advice is bad, and you should feel bad.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited June 2015
    Just asking you just passed my reply? Then i ll stop giving you advises

Yes. This. Please stop. Especially if you plan to continue giving ridiculous advice like this:

• MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    Ditch her fast. Never call or answer the phone. And ditch her plan.

Thats a crazy diet plan. I could make one up. Meal one 2egg. Meal 2 200g of veg 150g of veg. Meal 3.. Toast with cheese.

Its madness. Dont eat so little, i started i weighed 324pounds. I had take away every friday. I ate. Small egg egg omelet With cheese tomatoes peppers and mushrooms. lunch i had fish with vegetables. Dinner. I had fish or meat with vegetables and potatoes or rice. With home made guacamole.. And i also had small meals of pasta bake shepherds pie roast dinners stir fry

Its about long term, learning about right food choices. So smaller portions of the food thats not so good for us.

And to learn to make. Healthy meals at home from fresh.

Thats a fad diet. You will snap go mad eat more. Get stressed you added more weight and eat even more.

Think slow and long term, hey you can even have a small slice of cake if you like.

Its all about being in a calorie deficit. Lets say a person needs to eat 3,000 calories to stay at 250 pounds. But wants to get down to say say get down to 150pounds. So eat 1500 calories a day your lose weight and still get to eat food.

So what does a healthy 1500 calories look like. A plate of carrots are only 200cals. See low in calories and very filling. So mix vegetables chicken cocked in a frying pan using olive oil. With some brown rice. Your going to lose. Weight.

Think about it, lets say large person. Eats 3,000 calories a day. For a week thats. That adds up to 21,000 calories. So if they eat at 1,500 calories a day. Thats 10,500 calories in a week. So thats a drop of 10,500 calories a week. You need to lose 3,000 calories to use one pound a week. So do the maths. Thats. 3 pounds a week. life While still eating 1,500 calories a day.

So lets say, you only drop a few hundred calories when your daily diet. Your still going to lose weight. You dont need to cut so low. Your going to give up in a week. This is all about long term for life. For life.

If you carry on eating so low, you will become ill. And i mean organ failure . eye sights failure. hair will fall out irregular periods not being able to have children. Please stop. And think long plan. For life
    Im facing some of the symptoms that you have mentioned , hair fall/ irregular periods and plus very low energy

You wouldn't be experiencing those from a few days on a dodgy diet. Methinks the trolls are out.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    You wouldn't be experiencing those from a few days on a dodgy diet. Methinks the trolls are out.

Um, I don't see where the OP said she's only been on this diet for a few days.

• MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member

Um, I don't see where the OP said she's only been on this diet for a few days.

Do you honestly believe that she's been living on 400-500 calories for months?