5ft 8 women, help!

Options
2»

Replies

• RobynSeabrook
    RobynSeabrook Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the replies, sorry it took my a while to get back to you! (Been so busy with uni fieldwork)

I've decided that I'm going to aim for 140lbs (ish) but just see how I feel along the way! If it's too hard to maintain then I'll just have to deal with being a bit heavier, but I'm sure by that time a few lbs either way won't make much difference!

Sounds like you've all done so well in your weight loss and it's nice to see that you're all happy with your bodies! I'm at the stage where with clothes on I'm happy, but I'm not happy without clothes.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I'm heavier than most women at 5'8. I started at 240 pounds and now weigh around 180. I lost down to 140, but it was unsustainable for me. I also wasn't super healthy when I was 140. (This varies person-to-person, so don't let my stories of 140 sway you.) I'm currently maintaining/recomping and planning to lose some body fat in the near future, once I'm mentally ready to lose again.
    2301fc.jpg
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'8" ~ CW 176 ~ GW 150ish

Check out this thread, it's great!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/790005/58-511-women-before-after-pics#latest
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I'm around 5'7 (uncertain exactly due to short leg). 145, size 4-8. Profile pic is recent.
  • Jessicasophiaa
    Jessicasophiaa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    5'7 here, I have gained soo much recently and just trying to get to my old weight from 3 months ago. But CW is 129 lbs and GW (my normal weight) 114
  • dawn7891
    dawn7891 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 8, and currently 161lbs. I don't know what my goal weight is...and I don't know what is possible for me. If anyone around 5ft 8 has any photos that they could share it would be greatly appreciated! It'd just be nice to have an idea of how I could look.

• dawn7891
    dawn7891 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 I started at 220lbs I'm now 200lbs, when I seen my doctor he said my ideal weight for my height would be 154lbs x
  • discretekim
    discretekim Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5" Think I'm aiming for about 145. I used to stay between 135 and 140. So not sure, but I don't want to go too low.
  • leslievp
    leslievp Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Same height...my ideal is 140lbs. At that weight I am a perfect size 8/M. I was 128 and a size 6 in my early 20s, but I have no intention of trying for that now, those days are over. I am closer to 50 now and am hoping that 145 will be sustainable without struggle (I am about 160 now working my way down). I agree there is no one weight for every size, for me it is about the clothes, I can't let go of my size 8s and hope to get there again, whatever that number is. I think when I turn 50 I will accept size 10, because at this point hormones are really fighting me :)
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    dawn7891 wrote: »
    I'm 5ft 8, and currently 161lbs. I don't know what my goal weight is...and I don't know what is possible for me. If anyone around 5ft 8 has any photos that they could share it would be greatly appreciated! It'd just be nice to have an idea of how I could look.

Here's 5'8 and 130-135:

kjqnp53ddwkq.jpg
    3sm82pa4tqxs.jpg
    l2jqqhv2r82w.jpg
  • 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    leslievp wrote: »
    Same height...my ideal is 140lbs. At that weight I am a perfect size 8/M. I was 128 and a size 6 in my early 20s, but I have no intention of trying for that now, those days are over. I am closer to 50 now and am hoping that 145 will be sustainable without struggle (I am about 160 now working my way down). I agree there is no one weight for every size, for me it is about the clothes, I can't let go of my size 8s and hope to get there again, whatever that number is. I think when I turn 50 I will accept size 10, because at this point hormones are really fighting me :)

You sound a bit like me
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", currently stuck between 168-170. I'd love to get to an athletic 155lbs.
  • Zoejohnse91
    Zoejohnse91 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    xcalygrl wrote: »
    I'm heavier than most women at 5'8. I started at 240 pounds and now weigh around 180. I lost down to 140, but it was unsustainable for me. I also wasn't super healthy when I was 140. (This varies person-to-person, so don't let my stories of 140 sway you.) I'm currently maintaining/recomping and planning to lose some body fat in the near future, once I'm mentally ready to lose again.
    2301fc.jpg

180 is my aim, you look amazing!
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8'', started around 160 and got down to 135 at my lowest. I could have gone down to 130 but sustaining that would be tough for me. I wear a size 6 at this weight and love the way I look.

You can do it!!!