Do you have a goal NSV?

Options
12346»

Replies

• unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I wanted to drop 2 dress sizes before a wedding in August this year. I started in November at a large size 16 (UK) and can now get into size 14 dresses (but not jeans yet, damn hips) so there may be hope yet.
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I reached mine this week when I fit into a size 14 pants. Down from a really tight 20 that probably should have been a 22. Good thing this a NSV because the darn scale hasn't moved in 3 weeks! My new goal is to be able to ride my bike up the killer hills at both ends of my work commute
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I wanted to drop 2 dress sizes before a wedding in August this year. I started in November at a large size 16 (UK) and can now get into size 14 dresses (but not jeans yet, damn hips) so there may be hope yet.

If I can get into a 14 you will too! Please let us know when you get there
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    rosehips60 wrote: »
    I reached mine this week when I fit into a size 14 pants. Down from a really tight 20 that probably should have been a 22. Good thing this a NSV because the darn scale hasn't moved in 3 weeks! My new goal is to be able to ride my bike up the killer hills at both ends of my work commute

Congratulations! :smile:

At my largest I was a size 20, that was about 8 years ago, then hovered around the 16-18 mark for a few years. Been a solid 16 for the past few years. Final straw was on holiday in November with my OH and his family - I was really proud of myself for taking (and wearing) bikinis as well as one-pieces but every time we went out with his size 12 sister and seeing how she always became the centre of attention (especially with the hotel staff) was like lots of tiny stabs to my self-confidence.
    I signed up to the gym the same week we got home and I've been going 5 days per week ever since.
  • dizzzigrl
    dizzzigrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I want to take my wedding ring off. Weve been married 20 years next year and i still absolutely adore my husband but this wedding ring hasnt come off since the day i was married and its made a really awful purple welt on my finger. I don't want to cut it off as it was my grandmother's.

I don't know if being as light as ill need to be to get this ring off is sustainable but id be happy to have a new ring once my finger has recovered.
    Have you tried this trick?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSq_7e6DJMg
  • dizzzigrl
    dizzzigrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to be comfortable with myself.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    a waist under 40, and off my BP medication.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Fitness wise, I want to be able to run a mile in under ten minutes.
    More superficially, I've got a little pouch of fat on my stomach that hangs down when I sit, I kneel in front of the mirror every morning to do my hair and make up and I will be very happy when I no longer see that pooch.
  • swansong1001
    swansong1001 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm going on vacation in August and will be doing lots of walking. I had two short term goals-lose enough weight so my knees wouldn't be really painful after just a short walk...reached that goal! The next goal was to get out of the plus size dept and shop in the misses dept. for vacation clothes...down one more size and I will make it! So excited.
  • TracyeS4
    TracyeS4 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I have officially reached one of my NSV: To be considered overweight instead of obese on the BMI scale. That's right, I am no longer obese! Yesssssssssssssss!
    Other NSV to accomplish: run 160 miles this year, get into the single digits in pants (I don't think I have ever been a size 9), be able to complete an obstacle course challenge, climb a 10 foot wall and be able to hoist myself over (last time I ended up with rope burn)
  • jumblejups
    jumblejups Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    - to feel like I look young! You can see in so many success posts, weight loss seems to make you look younger too. I'm mid-20s but I feel like I look beyond my years.
    - to wear straight line dresses. I don't wear anything particularly fitted (even when slimmer), but I used to wear straight dresses, the kind that are often sold as office wear, and I used to wear them a size larger just to be slightly loose, this looked nice on me then. Now even if I went larger it just looks unflattering and big.
  • inspirezme
    inspirezme Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    To finish a 5K in less than 25 minutes. To wear jeans in a single digit size. To have the boundless energy fit people brag about, especially in the morning and even without coffee. To feel confident in a bikini for the first time in my life. To get to the top of the 3rd floor stairs at work, while carrying my laptop bag, without getting winded.
  • PandaFat2Fit
    PandaFat2Fit Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have a black pair of skinny jeans in my closet that I wore all the time when I first met my fiancé 3 years ago. 70lbs later and those won't fit me. Trying to get off the weight and wear them once again.
  • jlbost
    jlbost Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    dumb question, but what does NSV stand for exactly?
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    jlbost wrote: »
    dumb question, but what does NSV stand for exactly?

Non scale victory.
  • dayrae02
    dayrae02 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    To RUN a 5k completely. I have done multiple, but always walk/run. I want to complete the entire distance running.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!