My dietitian gave me this diet program i need your opinion

123457»

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,581 Member
    You wouldn't be experiencing those from a few days on a dodgy diet. Methinks the trolls are out.

Um, I don't see where the OP said she's only been on this diet for a few days.

Do you honestly believe that she's been living on 400-500 calories for months?

I have no idea, I'm not her and she hasn't stated a time frame yet. But I tend to give people the benefit of a doubt, and only jump into troll-mode if their posts leave no other rational conclusion.

Not saying you're wrong, just saying you might be premature. ;)

• ravenstar25
    ravenstar25 Posts: 126 Member
    Hmm, "my licensed practitioner, whom I pay, gave me a plan and I don't like it so I went to the internet for advice so they could tell me what I wanted to hear". Okay.
  • mariannekehl
    mariannekehl Posts: 66 Member
    I think maybe this is some kind of joke.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Hmm, "my licensed practitioner, whom I pay, gave me a plan and I don't like it so I went to the internet for advice so they could tell me what I wanted to hear". Okay.

So you advocate this awful plan for a 24 year old female within a healthy weight range that this "licensed practitioner" called obese?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,953 Member

So because she paid for it, you're totally ok with someone telling her to eat 450 calories a day?
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    I would say like many others that this isn't healthy. I might also report her because this is not good or safe medical advice
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,453 Member
    IF the RD has assessed you as obese, and designed a VLCD for you and you're monitored by a doctor of staff for any complications, then follow the RD's recommendation.
    RD designed VLCD's aren't uncommon to use for people who are obese/morbidly obese.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • tomofnj
    tomofnj Posts: 88 Member
    I've lost 110 eating nearly 1800 cals a day in 18 months, and just started walking for exercise 3 months ago. This 'diet' that was suggested don't sound very healthy.
  • saykouk
    saykouk Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2015
    not healthy at all, you'll be tired all the time