Terrified of loose skin.

Options
124»

Replies

• pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Insurance wouldn't cover the surgery anyway, and cosmetic surgeons typically won't perform the procedure until you've hit goal and maintained it for a year. Yes, I've investigated this.

There are many insurance plans that will cover it if it's causing medical conditions such as sores opening from the hanging skin.

I've only ever seen panniculectomy and resection of lymphatic masses covered. Those are incredibly different from the standard abdominoplasty that most people with loose skin at the abdomen need.
  • penelopepittstopsmam
    penelopepittstopsmam Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    . One time I was actually check for breast cancer when a new doctor saw that I tend to get these bumps under the sagging.

I had a similar incident. I think some hard fat lumps in my breast kind of glommed together. It was then an irregular lump on the mammogram, which set off all sorts of alarms. I got an ultrasound and it came back clear. Minor scare.

All my cellulitis shows up in hard relief now. No matter. I can run!

Oh my goodness. Im waiting to go to hospital for a day of breast lump clinic to check strange lump in right boob. I hope its a glommed together fatty lump - Dr didn't really see how weight loss and breast lumps could be connected in any way.

The wait for the appointment is agony -the UK national health service only works slowly even an emergency appointment takes a fortnight! Keep your fingers crossed for me.

• penelopepittstopsmam
    penelopepittstopsmam Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Don't let this fear stop you from achieving your goals. I don't have much advice to offer, but I'll share with you what I shared with the people on PumpUp.
    zwy7jaq4u1or.jpg
    I really hope my skin adjusts to my new weight after maintaining for awhile, because this sucks. That said though, it could be worse and there is always surgery if it comes down to it. When it's all said and done though, I'd rather have loose skin and be healthy than go back to horrible health with a BMI of 44.

There isn't much I can do about my loose skin. My health was horrible when I was at my heaviest and I really don't want to go back. If I lose another 8 lbs, I will literally be half the person I was.
    You're younger than me and you don't have as much to lose as I did. I honestly think you will be fine if you follow the advice that has been given so far.

Im rocking the wrinkly stomach too. Its far far preferable to the weight.

• pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I started at 234 and am now 155. The only problem areas are my boobs and a tiny bit under my arms.

Being young and losing slowly helps.
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Genetics plays a huge role in how your skin is going to respond. I've lost almost 140 pounds and I have significant loose skin on my stomach, thighs and butt. I'm going to get some of the skin surgically removed and I'm getting a breast lift because I went from a 42 G to a 32 DD...they are very sad sad looking boobies now.

I am also looking into a breast lift after losing 79lbs. Have you had kids yet? I haven't had any and everyone is saying I should wait to do the lift until I'm done having kids. I'm only 26 though and the state of the girls makes me very sad! Lol

Oh and incredible loss!!! Congrats!
  • ChristieDahlberg
    ChristieDahlberg Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Genetics plays a huge role in how your skin is going to respond. I've lost almost 140 pounds and I have significant loose skin on my stomach, thighs and butt. I'm going to get some of the skin surgically removed and I'm getting a breast lift because I went from a 42 G to a 32 DD...they are very sad sad looking boobies now.

I am also looking into a breast lift after losing 79lbs. Have you had kids yet? I haven't had any and everyone is saying I should wait to do the lift until I'm done having kids. I'm only 26 though and the state of the girls makes me very sad! Lol

Oh and incredible loss!!! Congrats!

Although I do want to breastfeed when I have kids I have heard that you can still get a breast lift and be able to breast feed. One of my friends sisters got her breasts completely done and is still able to breastfeed. If that's your worry.