APPETITE SUPPRESSANT

Options
2»

Replies

• SweetestHoney
    SweetestHoney Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I use coffee as a mid morning pick me up and appetite suppressant. Also when I get to work I make 24 ounces of hot herbal tea right away. Basically staying really hydrated in the morning and coffee keeps me fine until lunch.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Coffee works for me when I wake up hungry, but I've never been a huge fan of breakfast. Eating in the morning, even if I'm hungry, makes me naseous.

My bf can't go without something in the morning though, so he eats an apples for some sugar, and a couple of low-fat cheese sticks for some protein/fat.
  • m4n1x
    m4n1x Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It seems simple, but just drinking a glass of water sometimes helps..
  • RebeccaD22
    RebeccaD22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    The whole Caps thing is killing me! :smiley:

I eat greek yogurt and a banana in the morning. SO filling for me. Drink lots and lots of water too. That will really fill you up.
  • desy617
    desy617 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    :D THANKS
    RebeccaD22 wrote: »
    The whole Caps thing is killing me! :smiley:

I eat greek yogurt and a banana in the morning. SO filling for me. Drink lots and lots of water too. That will really fill you up.

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    EAT MORE FIBER AND PROTEIN IN THE MORNING !!?!
  • mlapointe88
    mlapointe88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I find that oatmeal never helped me - greek yogurt and granola sometimes does. Really, all I crave in the morning is a fatty bagel.. unfortunately.. But I second what people said about tea/coffee. Coffee tends to turn my stomach if I go overboard but if I have a hot glass of tea (or two), I find it definitely keeps the hunger at bay until I REALLY have to eat ;)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I "pack" my breakfast the same way I pack my lunch, the night before (so not a morning person).

I mix high fiber cereal and a small handful of nuts, place in a ziplock bag. I mix yogurt & fruit (big covered bowl) and store in the fridge. In the a.m. I add the dry ingredients to the yogurt & stir. Whallah! Protein, fiber and fat.

On the weekend bake an egg casserole (saute up some veggies to put in there). Cut into squares, wrap & freeze. This gives you the "filling" for a wrap or English muffin. Warm up, add cheese & serve.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    TRY TO DRINK MORE WATER IN THE MORNINGS. THAT IS WHAT HELPS ME.
  • desy617
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    You do have time to have Greek yogurt available in the fridge and maybe add some chia or toasted flax seeds, and you do have time to hard-boil eggs and have those handy when you run out the door. Can you have a sliced apple + tablespoon of peanut butter or a piece of string cheese later in the a.m. at work? That combined with the nice shot of protein from the yogurt or egg earlier in the a.m. may help.

Not giving you a hard time here, but at some point you may want to take a look at "don't have time for a full breakfast". That's why a lot of us prep food in advance - plus I find that the time to scramble an egg and throw a piece of whole-grain bread in the toaster isn't really that bad. Just saying it might be worth taking a closer look. Hang in there.

Thanks i will do more food prep, i use to prep my breakfast, i kinda fell off the wagon. i would eat eggs ground turkey and cheese. i found out that the eggs was causing my ecezma to worsen.
  • desy617
    Options
    TRY TO DRINK MORE WATER IN THE MORNINGS. THAT IS WHAT HELPS ME.

thanks im drinking plenty of water and green tea in the morning
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If the hunger is real, eat more.
    If you're just craving, distract yourself.
  • desy617
    Options
    If the hunger is real, eat more.
    If you're just craving, distract yourself.

thanks, it may be craving because i drink alot of green tea coffee water in the morning at work
    i use to be really active at work and now i have a desk job,my body is not use to sitting for eight hrs
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    If you opt to go the Greek yogurt route, Costco sells plain in (I think) 6oz servings. So, it could be grab and go for you.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @ anyone who knows how to use the search function: there have been a lot of recent threads about how to integrate exercise into your desk job day, but I can't pull them up in the search. What am I doing wrong?
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Coffee works well. I wake up hungry every morning and usually have to wait an hour or two before I can have breakfast. I usually roll out of bed and chug two or three large glasses of warm water with fresh lemon. That holds me over. If you're super hungry for breakfast (before and after), I would suggest eating a breakfast that combines protein and veggies. Egg whites with all the veggies you can think of, add turkey bacon or regular bacon or any kind of lean meat from the night before for extra protein. This keeps me full for hours and hours. I prepare my breakfast the night before... egg whites, veggies, meats, pop it in the microwave and in three minutes I have a great omelete. Sometimes I don't even bother heating it up, just eat it cold. Yum.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    @ anyone who knows how to use the search function: there have been a lot of recent threads about how to integrate exercise into your desk job day, but I can't pull them up in the search. What am I doing wrong?

Thinking that the search function functions properly =P

Take the longer way to the bathroom/plotter/breakroom.
    Park further away.
    Calf raises while waiting for coffee to brew/printer to print - or squats
    Standing desk
    treadmill desk
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Thinking that the search function functions properly =P

Take the longer way to the bathroom/plotter/breakroom.
    Park further away.
    Calf raises while waiting for coffee to brew/printer to print - or squats
    Standing desk
    treadmill desk

I keep a 5 and 10 pound dumbbell next to my desk...just added a 15 pound kettlebell. I can do stuff like tricep extensions and singled handed OHP while reading documents. Multitasking FTW