Would you share your knee-sleeves (or other gym equipment)?

Options
2»

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options

yesimpson wrote: »
    With immediate family? Sure. Your mom birthed you, wiped your *kitten*, cleaned your vomit, and smiled the whole time (Or, most of the time). A little sweat ain't no thang.

Your spouse? You've traded sweat more than once, in all likelihood. So, 'nuff said there.

With someone not in immediate family? Nope.

Sounds about right.

If there is a word for the opposite of a germophobe, I'm probably that, so I do get why people would find sharing this stuff gross, but my gross-threshold is pretty high.

Agree with ya both
  • abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Oh I can´t help but laugh.... It reminds me of the time when I went to Greece with my ex and our newborn in a rented flat. For some odd reason we forgot to bring towels. To save on the holydaybudget we only bought one big towel and shared the entire vacation. I was not ideal. It went with us to the Beach... we showered... oh man. I will never forget towels again. but we survived even if the towel smelled funny the last days... yikes LOL. I´m sure the mum forgot her gear at the gym today. Not many would share on purpose... ;-)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Family? Maybe. My knees don't sweat though.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    your cell phone and key board has more germs than most gas station toilets- That being said no one touches my stuff!!

https://www.phonesoap.com/how-dirty-are-cell-phones/

How about the stylus/keypad for the credit card reader at the pharmacy pick up counter? That's nasty, gym not so much.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    jimmmer wrote: »
    If it's all you've got available and you need it - sure, why not?

You could always go and wash after your last set, it's not like it's going to kill you. When did everyone turn into such a bunch of p*u*s*s*i*e*s?

Somewhere in the last 15-20 years or so. Before then nobody wiped sweat off gym equipment.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I have my own knee wraps (chopat), wrist wraps and even bring my own squat sponge. I do share the sponge with my husband and son if they want to use it but mostly it's just me using it for barbell hip thrusts. I don't share the wraps with anyone, they can get their own! Our gym has a foam roller that looks just nasty and it skeeves me out when I see people use it. I just wait until I get home and use my own.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    nm

• alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I shove my knee sleeves in my gym buddies face after workouts to gross him out. Can't imagine sharing them S: