CANT LOSE WEIGHT NEED HELP!!

Options
2»

Replies

• airwicca
    airwicca Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    if you are fairly new to heavy lifting it really is possible that you have gained some muscle...which weighs more than fat.if you keep it up another 2-3 weeks and log carefully, you may see your metabolism speed up from the new muscle mass.dont drop calories too low when building muscle because you need building blocks for it.go by measurements and watch to see if your loss changes in the next 2-3 weeks...keep going.sometimes the body doesnt lose because of good things-like muscle! :)
  • ANT98
    ANT98 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    airwicca wrote: »
    if you are fairly new to heavy lifting it really is possible that you have gained some muscle...which weighs more than fat.if you keep it up another 2-3 weeks and log carefully, you may see your metabolism speed up from the new muscle mass.dont drop calories too low when building muscle because you need building blocks for it.go by measurements and watch to see if your loss changes in the next 2-3 weeks...keep going.sometimes the body doesnt lose because of good things-like muscle! :)

Haha there's my debate of whether I should lower calories or raise them in efforts to lean out. I lift heavy, and have muscle,it's just I feel all the fat on top!!
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Looked at your diay...you eat more than you think

Weigh ALL your food on a food scale...dont use serving sizes and or cups They can be wayyyy off Here is a short video about how wrong you can calculate when you use cups

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY
  • ANT98
    Options
    Looked at your diay...you eat more than you think

Weigh ALL your food on a food scale...dont use serving sizes and or cups They can be wayyyy off Here is a short video about how wrong you can calculate when you use cups

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

That was such a great video!! All the little (almost unimportant) things add up! Thank you, that gives a new perspective on things.
    So from here, should I set my calories lower in case of those hidden cals coming or be really tedious about grams and scales?
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    try first weighing everything see what you really eat..do this for 2 to 4 weeks see if you lose weight From there you start to tweak :)
  • ANT98
    Options
    try first weighing everything see what you really eat..do this for 2 to 4 weeks see if you lose weight From there you start to tweak :)

So just to be clear, is my metabolism not damaged or adapted to the eating under tdee for so long? I'll try this approach though
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    If you take any medications - check the side effects. Some medications can cause weight gain. DO NOT discontinue medication! Talk to your doctor. You are working really hard - keep eating healthy, read labels, and working out.
  • BWBTrish
    edited June 2015
    Options
    no it isnt damage for any weight loss.

you probably just have no deficit enough to lose weight.
    So correctly weighing your food can solve that.

When not you look further
    But in a lot of cases it is the deficit which isnt there anymore.