Too little, and too much Calories

Options
13»

Replies

• Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    This isn't really a matter of opinion.

Eat what you eat; if it's 500 calories or 5000 calories it doesn't matter. Track your weight.

Are you losing between 0 and 2 pounds per week on average? It's probably a reasonably healthy deficit. Is your weight stable? You're not at a deficit. Are you gaining? You're in a surplus. Are you losing more than 2 pounds per week? Liberalize things a bit, you're eating too little.

Opinions don't matter when you have objective information at hand.
  • TheBriMan316
    TheBriMan316 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Emilia777 wrote: »
    I'm glad you're receptive to feedback. You really need to eat more. When you lose weight, some of that weight is muscle, not just fat. The bigger the deficit you're creating, especially if you're not eating enough protein to maintain your muscle, the more muscle mass you'll lose. I would recommend hitting your minimum caloric intake with a balanced diet that includes some of the foods you love but seem to have cut out, and maybe also do some resistance training like weight lifting. Strong lifts and Starting Strength are two excellent barbell lifting programs.

Since I started this I have been working out quite abit as well. I got two 40lb Dumbbells, heave resistan band, and an ab roller. I'll try to get more protein in my body and aim closer to my goal.
  • TheBriMan316
    TheBriMan316 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    debrag12 wrote: »
    I do weigh and measure all of my foods. I eat in very small amounts. Like yesterday I ate 350cal, banana in the morning, chicken in the evening, and a banana before I went to sleep.

just plain chicken - boring & dry.

Could you have an ED issue?

No I spice it up and bake or grill it.
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    In order to be healthy you need to a certain amount of macronutrients (protein/fat/carbs) and micronutrients (vitamins ) and fiber per day. You're not getting that in 500 calories per day.

Google macronutrients and fiber and find out why each one is important.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Zedeff wrote: »
    This isn't really a matter of opinion.

Eat what you eat; if it's 500 calories or 5000 calories it doesn't matter. Track your weight.

Are you losing between 0 and 2 pounds per week on average? It's probably a reasonably healthy deficit. Is your weight stable? You're not at a deficit. Are you gaining? You're in a surplus. Are you losing more than 2 pounds per week? Liberalize things a bit, you're eating too little.

Opinions don't matter when you have objective information at hand.

He's losing 5lb a week. So definitely not a healthy deficit. Lol