Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    It was a great weekend. I did go kayaking today and tried an sit on top kayak. It was fun but getting in was not pretty. Did better getting out by crawling onto the dock, to lessen the chance of falling in. :p Started today with a 16 mile bike ride which was nice and a good pace. Ended the day with the family birthday dinner, so I got to see my niece. She used the remote starter and managed to turn my car on from inside the house. I now know that it will work from inside the kitchen and just not holding it outside the door.

Karen- I am happy that you know what is wrong with your shoulder. I wish you a speedy recovery and that surgery is NOT needed. I am happy that your friend was able to enjoy her wedding day and sending prayers her way.

I am Laurie and just turned 45. I started my journey 5 years ago this month by walking the track at the local recreation center. It was the starting point a new journey that continues to this day. I started on MFP about 7 months later. Walking and light weights worked when I started now I am doing a variety of activities that I never thought about doing. It is great to have the freedom to be more active and have the confidence to try new activities.

I hope everyone has a great week.

Exercise plan
    Monday- Trainer
    Tuesday- GYM
    Wednesday- rest unless I swim either before or after a meeting
    Thursday-rest
    Friday- Climbing
    Saturday- Swim
    Sunday- bike if it's not to hot or stormy
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie-- sounds like a fun birthday weekend. Are you guys done with school yet?

Need to set up my "to do" lists and goals. I have not been good about logging and exercise has been minimal, so I need to step it up. This week will be another tough one schedule-wise. We have our end-of-year English dept celebration after school on Wed., then Friday is our faculty Cubs trip.

June Challenge:
    Nutrition = At or over 90 grams of protein 25/30 days -- 3/25

Exercise = run 10 x minimum this month including at least one 8k.
    Week 1: x/2 runs
    Week 2: x/2 runs
    Week 3: x/3 runs
    Week 4: x/3 runs

Run another 8k (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15, 3/29 = 59:15; 5/9 = 59:16)

Grading Goals:
    1. 1/30 Senior finals
    2. x/9 JRP revisions
    3. x/? Hemingway revisions

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--walk gunner DONE
    Mon--walk gunner + gym or run outside
    Tues--walk gunner
    Wed--rest day
    Thurs--walk gunner
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym or run outside

2015 Mantra = Just 15 minutes
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    monday Check in ...
    13541709.png

My ticker is down 0.8 pounds this morning ...10 pounds to go to get back to my weight on Feb 6 ... I know I can do this.

Have a good week everyone.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @Laurie~Happy Birthday! I think the fracture in my foot has always been there (this type of fracture is sometimes hard to see on x-ray), I think I just tweaked it enough on Thursday that it became more prominent.

@Karen~Glad they figured out what is wrong with your shoulder, good luck at the ortho and fingers crossed surgery isn't required.

AFM~Not much to report. I took some medication over the weekend to help with spasms in my foot/ankle, so feel like I napped away the weekend. I binge watched Animal Planet, too. :lol:
  • jmcnealy
    jmcnealy Posts: 28 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    i feel defeated..i need motivation. i have been yo-yoing my entire life... heaviest = 242, lightest = 117. i'm at 241 now (lost 65 pounds, gained it all back), i need to be around 140-150 although doctor says 170 is a good goal to start with. I lost 15 pounds last summer, gained it back over winter. gotta get back into it. I am usually a positive person, jsut having a rough stretch. anyone want to be friends?
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy "Name Your Poison" Day!

National Name your poison day is always of June 8.

What is this Holiday for?
    Name Your Poison Day is a day to make a choice, make a decision. Be it good or bad today you need to decide on something. It's also a day to tell everyone else to "Name their poison!"

Origin of this Holiday?
    Our research did not find the creator, or the origin of this day.
    This is referred to as a "National" day. However, we did not find any congressional records or presidential proclamations for this day.
    Even though we didn't, this is still a holiday that is publicized to celebrate.
    So have fun with it and celebrate it!

What is the definition of "name your poision?
    The term "Name Your Poison" is commonly used to suggest that you select among a number of options.

This term has negative connotations. The origin of this term is unknown but back in the time this term was first spoken, it probably referred to some not so good choices. The word poison usually refers to negative or bad so "name your poison" seems to suggest that any choice you choose will have a bit of a bad ending to it no matter what. In other words, one is just as bad as the other.

Reference to alcoholic drinks
    In modern times the term"Name your poison" is commonly used when asking someone what type of alcoholic drink they want. But, it is also used to refer to any choice of options, good or bad.

Your life is your garden,
    Your thoughts are the seeds.
    If your life isn't awesome,
    You've been watering the weeds.
    ~Author Unknown

11857432.png

Tom
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    June Goals
    • Protein – 100G – only made it two days last week. However, I am happy to report that I was above 75 every day (except Saturday which I didn’t log).
    • Calories – within 100 of goal – 5/7
    • Water – 90 oz – 5/7
    I really need to step up my weekends. I know it’s because I have no structure. Definitely room for improvement on the weekends.

@Holly…sometimes a door closes just to make sure you enter the right door. I had a job that I missed out on and for a while I was very upset. Turned out that the next one I got was exactly right for me and led me to places I didn’t think I could go. I hope something comes along for you soon.
    @Laurie…Jacob’s teacher sent them a year end letter that included: “it is their attitude and not their aptitude that determines their altitude” Now just to get him to believe that 
    @Niki…thanks for sharing your story.
    @Karen…praying for a good outcome on your shoulder and sooner than later. Still hoping for a miracle for your friend, but if nothing else, she’ll get to spend her last time here on earth with the love of her life.
    @jmcnealy…welcome. Keep coming back to this thread. Great people on here with lots of motivating stories and great hints. I’m here more than on my own page/friends.

AFM…Like I said above…weekends aren’t good for me and I need to find a solution to that. Goals for today:

*Take Tucker for a walk (usually Emma’s job)
    *Pack Emma for camp
    *finish cleaning the main level of my house
    *Drink all my water today
    *Get more Premier Protein in my fridge…it definitely gets my day off to a good start and based on my morning, at least I know I’d get some good nutrients in the morning.
    *Stay within calorie goal
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone... I've been busy with other things, but I did start logging again about a week ago. I can start to feel my clothes get a bit tight, so I made myself step on the scale the other morning (I've been avoiding the scale because I've been eating crappy and I know I gained weight... and didn't want to know how much). I was up to 218!!! My previous low weight back in April was 204 lb. Needless to say I felt disgusted. I've logged everything and stayed within my calories and am down to 212lb again. I need to eat more veggies, cut out the extra carbs and make my own meals and snacks. I'm working on it...

Happy Birthday to everyone who has had birthdays recently, boy there are so many! My 42nd birthday was on Wednesday, and a new coworker thought I had just turned 30!!! Seriously, where do these people come up with 30?! Several times in the last few years people have told me they thought that I was only 30. It's usually the response when I tell them the age of my (now 23 year old) daughter. Must be my tan or something... sure does feel nice to hear that though :p

After 2 years of physio 2-3x per week after work, I'm finding it draining. I lack the motivation I used to have for exercises and weight lifting that brought me great results last year. I always feel good after my workouts there, but I'm just not giving it the full effort like I did in the past, so now it seems like a waste of time. I struggle with the fact that it does help me, and it is all covered by my work benefits. But it would be such a waste to NOT use it, it's like a free lifetime gym membership with chiro, massage, acupuncture and whatever else I need there too.
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    Tanya- Hope you had a great birthday. People also misjudge my age and think that I am younger than my 45 years. I will take that compliment any day, so enjoy it. You will find your motivation again just keep doing it. What is cool is that your work benefits are paying for it so that is a good deal.

Karen-I still have 8 more school days with kids and 9 more work days. The last 4 days are half days but will be busy with end of the year tests and award ceremony.

Well I am going to cut this short since we are currently getting a thunderstorm and I have more work to complete tonight.

The kids drove me crazy today (not listening) and it just showed me how tired I am tonight. I did have a good workout tonight and started running again. For the time it felt good to run.

Have a great week.

• cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @tanya-- welcome back, it's good to see you here again!

@tracy (tlh)-- I'm also not doing well with the lack of structure that comes at the end of the school year. Everyone brings food to celebrate the summer b-days, and we all just want to go out to lunch or for drinks after work to celebrate the end of the school year. I've also been lax with exercise. I need to get back on track.

Monday Check-in:
    Wow, I'm just super unmotivated lately. Today we had terrible storms with hail, so I used that as an excuse to not work out. Of course, I couldn't walk gunner, but I very well could have ventured to the gym. :blush: Then my friend called and wanted to meet out for the Hawks game, so I went. Had a couple of drinks, but at least I avoided the bar food.

June Challenge:
    Nutrition = At or over 90 grams of protein 25/30 days -- 3/25

Week 2: x/2 runs

Run another 8k (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15, 3/29 = 59:15; 5/9 = 59:16)

Grading Goals:
    1. 10/30 Senior finals
    2. 8/9 JRP revisions
    3. Hemingway revisions DONE

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--walk gunner DONE
    Mon--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym or run outside NOT DONE
    Tues--walk gunner
    Wed--rest day
    Thurs--walk gunner
    Fri--rest day

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Its evening, and I have had a good day. Husband and I took our walks, I walk with the TOPS gals, and he walks the path but not WITH us.. lol Did 2.75 miles and a nice start to the day. Teenager came as well, and jogged back home from the starting point. 40 minutes later he calls husband to say he made it home. At least he was off the computer for a little bit.... Tomorrow we are taking him the the aquatics center and he will work out with his father, do some laps and then hot tub. Look out Junior year he will be so healthy.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Tanya~Happy Birthday! Glad to see you posting again, we have all been where you are at one time or another. What great benefits you have, I would love it if my place paid for my gym membership. People usually think I’m much younger than I am too, they are shocked to find I’m 46 and not in my 30s. We should be happy to have such great genes. :wink:

@Tracy~Weekends are hard for me too, mostly because I’m so structured during the week and I don’t plan regular meals on the weekends (typically eat twice/day on the weekend).

@Laurie~I bet the kids are already on summer break, probably won’t get much out of them these last few days. Hope they are more inclined to listen today.

@Becca~Its great that your son is getting out there and exercising with you and the hubs.

@AFM~I’m unmotivated lately too, I think it’s mostly because I’m in chronic pain so I just don’t feel like doing much. It’s HOT here too and we're starting to have ozone days already (about a month early)! :sweat: I am changing things up a bit with my diet this week and concentrating on eating low glycemic foods—yesterday was a good day, I didn’t feel “snacky” like I sometimes do.
  • ardysedwardsmcgrath
    ardysedwardsmcgrath Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    yay i found u all! :)
  • queendebor
    queendebor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have been on and off this thread for a few years - mostly off, but I'm back at it. I'm oddly not getting any younger, and the deaths of 2 people from heart attacks - both younger than me, have kicked me in the stomach. So I'm back.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Well today has been in the car, which has led to me eating fast food. Now I’m hungry and no calories left – and because I have to make up my work, no way to get to the gym to earn some extra calories. Might just have to go over on purpose today (maybe borrow from the extra 400 yesterday) We’ll see!

@Tanya…I am jealous of all the benefits you have. I do have pretty good benefits as well. They pay up to $350 each year towards gym membership I could find a gym which would be covered 100% but I do love all that my YMCA offers, so I’m good with paying some too. Happy belated birthday! Welcome to 42 – it ain’t so bad!!! 

So many of you have some injuries that make it difficult to exercise and yet you are doing it. It makes me feel lousy that I don’t have any injuries yet can’t get motivated to the gym – it sure helped when my sister wasn’t pregnant and having some issues now. She’ll probably be done until after the baby is born, so I just need to suck it up for 3 months and go by myself. Quit with the excuses and get going Tracy!!!

Yesterday
    *Take Tucker for a walk (usually Emma’s job) - DONE
    *Pack Emma for camp - DONE
    *finish cleaning the main level of my house – 1/3 DONE
    *Drink all my water today - DONE
    *Get more Premier Protein in my fridge…it definitely gets my day off to a good start and based on my morning, at least I know I’d get some good nutrients in the morning. – DONE BUT FORGOT TO GRAB IT ON THE WAY OUT OF THE HOUSE THIS MORNING
    *Stay within calorie goal – DONE

Today
    *Emma to camp
    *Jacob picked up from airport
    *Finish living room
    *Make up work for missed hours (doing it now, but taking a quick break – ha)
    *Water
    *Calories
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    Welcome back to those returning to this journey.

Karen- We also had thunderstorms last night and some of them were serve. I also found motivation hard today. I ended up shopping for some decorations for a picnic on Sunday and then went to visit my dad. By the time I was done, I just did not feel like going to the gym. My treat for the day was a small Reese's milkshake. Wish I could I had the will power to avoid it like you did with the bar food but not today. At least it was good and hit the spot at the time.

Kelley- The kids were slightly better today. You are right they are so done with school. I wish we could be done. At least they are reviewing for the next couple of days before the final. Sorry to hear about the heat in TX already. I hope the pain goes away soon. Is this from the broken bone in the foot?

Goals- To keep my energy level up and try to do something active every day. This includes taking a walk if nothing else. Today, turned into a rest day because I felt like coming home after visiting my dad. The nice thing was that I had dinner with my Mom. I think I needed the rest today since I did not sleep well last night due to thunderstorms. I will workout on Thursday instead and go for a walk tomorrow if I have time in between meetings. I may go for walk after school and before my meeting. The kids are going to visit the high school tomorrow, so I will need to clear my head before the meetings and it will be a great excuse to get outside provided it is not to hot.

• skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @laurie-- glad you enjoyed your rest day. Though I avoided bar food yesterday, I gave in to lots of treats today.

@kelley-- sorry to hear about your ongoing foot issues. Hope you heal quickly. We are having a warm spell right now--tomorrow may hit 90.

@tracy-- don't you hate it when you plan for good nutrition and then forget to bring the healthy stuff along. I've done that with my school lunches before. I know some people don't like to go to the gym solo, but it's the only way I like to go. I bet if you approach it with a positive outlook, you'll actually enjoy being able to go on your own schedule. It's also nice to be able to focus solely on yourself. And if it turns out you prefer having a gym buddy, I'm sure your sister will be anxious to get back to it after the baby is born.

@queendeb-- welcome back!! I may be one of only 2 or 3 here who still remember you, but as always everyone is welcoming and supportive. :smile:

@becca-- great job with the walk, and with getting the teen boy to join you guys.

AFM-- It was a food bonanza at work today. We decided to do a potluck "taco tuesday" and everyone brought items to share. I brought my favorite Mexican treat, conchas. For those unfamiliar, they are a sweet roll with decorative sugar on top. I probably haven't had one in 20 years. I had half of one at work, and then stupidly brought home a few of the leftovers, so ate another tonight.

On the plus side, I walked gunner and went to the gym to run, so only about 200 over for the day. Also, managed to exceed my protein goal.

June Challenge:
    Nutrition = At or over 90 grams of protein 25/30 days -- 4/25

Week 2: 1/2 runs

Grading Goals:
    1. 16/30 Senior finals
    2. 8/9 JRP revisions

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--walk gunner DONE
    Mon--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym or run outside NOT DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + GYM DONE!!
    Wed--rest day
    Thurs--walk gunner
    Fri--rest day

• skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    dg9r7p4sa7oc.jpg

This is a picture of me and my friend, Alexa, who got married on Saturday.
  • claywalton
    claywalton Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I found everyone again, yay! So I figured out a way to eat healthy and my wife and her son eat what they want, I started keeping healthier foods in the fridge for me and is working great. I also added a new workout to my gym regimen, the C25k. I started 3 days ago, it's not bad, but it does take some discipline. I do that for the 1st 30 minutes then lift weights with whatever energy I have left....which ain't much;)
    What do yall do to get energy at the end of the day? I have some energy mix that i drink a few minutes before my workout, got it at gnc. I think it's more to feed the muscles than give me "pep".