Plexus- You'll Lose 20lbs for only $1,000 and your first born!

Options
I'm so sick of my newsfeeds being full of Plexus crap! A good friend of mine since kindergarten has been harassing me to buy it from her because "it's a miracle worker for busy moms!" She's spent God knows how much money on it herself and is now an ambassador for the crap and has lost like 6lbs since January... I can poop that in a day. She's probably only lost that 6lbs due to a placebo affect if anything. She thinks she's losing weight so I'm betting she's paying a little more attention to what shes putting in her mouth-NOT PLEXUS! I want so badly to go off on her and tell her she's a moron that has bought into this stupid pyramid scheme. The Plexus company couldn't care less about helping their clients..read their mission statement, its about how much money their ambassadors make!

I stumbled across Betty for Fit...Finally! and loved her take on all the diet pills, wraps, shakes etc. which is what made me look for something real and obtainable without costing me a fortune. After finding MFP though, I'm sold. I have no motivation, no self control, and I'm a lifelong fatty that has finally changed her ways. Know how much of my savings THAT took me? $0. Nada. Zip. Zilch. And I'm down 15lbs and feeling confident about my weight loss moving forward for the first time in my life.

Does is annoy y'all as much when you're actually making a lifelong change and these other idiots are hopping on the Ketone bandwagon?! The tools are at your fingertips, its a healthy way to lose weight permanently and its FREE!!!!

http://www.plexuspoint.com/plexus-slim-reviews/

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of it but LMAO :D@you can poop that in a day!
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It only annoys me when they try to push it on me. I've had everyone from the high school friend pushing Beachbody on me to an Army buddy trying to get me to buy magic coffee beans from her. If they want to learn their lesson the hard way, that's on them. I might say something but I won't push the issue.

I've always wondered how many people have experienced a strain on a relationship due to MLM's. I had some issues with a close friend trying to recruit me for the MLM she got involved in. It has a lot to do with why we aren't so close anymore.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    moledew wrote: »
    She's spent God knows how much money on it herself and is now an ambassador for the crap and has lost like 6lbs since January... I can poop that in a day.

Aww man, there are days when this because regrettably relatable. Oo

But seriously, any product that makes far out claims such as "can prevent cancer" or "can cure diabetes" is a no-go in a major way. These just prove that the marketers for the product are willing to make false claims for the sake of sales, which is completely irresponsible. With this kind of trend of irresponsibility, that says to me that this product is, at best: complete snake oil, and at worst: something that might actually be dangerous to your health.
  • moledew
    moledew Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    haha I dont know how long it's been around but people are hopping on the bandwagon left and right. I was hit up by 4 friends in a one month span out of no where a couple months back. I had never heard of it either but as soon as I saw the cost, I did more research and that's when I ran into Betty's blog. There are NO negative reviews out there if that tells you anything. Well, I'm sure with enough digging there is but its rainbows and butterflies for everyone I ran across. That's a huge red flag for me, someone has to have had a bad experience with any form of weight loss, even CICO and MFP. Nothing works for every human on the planet.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Someone at work tried to sell around a pyramid scheme.

Alas he tried to sell it to a bunch of scientists and their assistants.

It went as poorly as you might imagine.
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall for that!!!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

Oh, the Lulz to be had.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options

Heh! An ex sent me an email recently. All full of 'been thinking about you's and 'want to catch up's, until the end..."by the way, I've been attending (some cheap version of that fire walking crap) seminars and they have changed my life!! I can't wait to tell you all about it and invite you to check it out for yourself".

• moledew
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

Heh! An ex sent me an email recently. All full of 'been thinking about you's and 'want to catch up's, until the end..."by the way, I've been attending (some cheap version of that fire walking crap) seminars and they have changed my life!! I can't wait to tell you all about it and invite you to check it out for yourself".

This! It's different if i get a spammy email or something but when someone you personally know goes all "used car salesman" on you, it irks the hell out of me. Like, B*tch, we were just eating oreos together and I was in the birthing room when you had your kid. Stop preaching about how something is so wonderful that it's gonna change my life. Especially when you know I'm trying to buy a house and your crap costs $200/mo!
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    A girl I knew from high school nearly 20 years ago, who I'm pretty sure I haven't talked to since kept tagging me in Facebook posts about something called "fitsticks." The first time I asked it was a mistake and untagged myself. The third time I reported her for spam and de-friended her.

It would be much more annoying if it was someone I actually cared about was trying to sell me that crap.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hey, I'm a "used car salesman/person" - don't bunch us all into one stereotype ;):p BTW, do you need a car with that house??
  • shortntall1
    shortntall1 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I have to hide people on my fb who push that crap constantly..its too bad because I love their other posts. :(
  • teanahk
    teanahk Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I wish people would stick to selling Tupperware and Avon. At least that crap is useful.

I have a few FB friends who seem to be selling all the MLM crap. Lately it's all been about some miracle wrinkle remover cream and tea.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! I hate Facebook because of the multilevel marketing schemes! Plexus, ACE and itworks are the three biggies and I just want to scream every time someone tries to get me to buy the crap!
  • moledew
    Options
    CurvyToFit wrote: »

Hey, I'm a "used car salesman/person" - don't bunch us all into one stereotype ;):p BTW, do you need a car with that house??

Hahaha I'm in sales too so I know all the tricks in the book! You can't pitch to a salesman. I can sniff out BS from a mile away and Plexus smells rancid! I'm good on a car though lol, Just bought one of those a few months back.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Ugh, my brother's close friend is pushing this on his Facebook page (actually, I think it's his wife making the posts for him). I love this guy dearly, he's been like a little brother to me for more than 20 years, but I get so frustrated every time I see one of these stupid posts.

At least people selling overpriced tote bags or nail decals or fancy bundt cake pans are trying to sell me something that actually does what they claim.
  • cmcdonald525
    cmcdonald525 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I kept getting tagged in those stupid plexus pictures and added to a bunch of fitness groups by the same person. I tried to politely inform her that I want nothing to do with her products, and I'll get fit my own way. She basically told me I was going to be fat forever.

Now every time I see her "watch me or join me" posts, I have to giggle. She's down about 15lbs in 6 months. I've almost doubled that in 2.5 months. I can't wait to get down to my goal and show off my before and after photos.

....although I guess she was a great motivator, there's no way I will quit till I prove her wrong
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    One of my FB friends constantly posts about Plexus and its magic. :s I just want to barf and punch her in the face.
  • moledew
    Options
    I kept getting tagged in those stupid plexus pictures and added to a bunch of fitness groups by the same person. I tried to politely inform her that I want nothing to do with her products, and I'll get fit my own way. She basically told me I was going to be fat forever.

Now every time I see her "watch me or join me" posts, I have to giggle. She's down about 15lbs in 6 months. I've almost doubled that in 2.5 months. I can't wait to get down to my goal and show off my before and after photos.

....although I guess she was a great motivator, there's no way I will quit till I prove her wrong

I can't wait until I lose a substantial amount just to call her and ask how Plexus is going. Still living at her mom's house but investing hundreds every month into this scheme all for what? A total of 10lbs? Sad thing is, she needed to lose about 15lbs of baby weight and tone back into her typical self. She isn't big by any means and could've easily done this with the smallest iota of self control and determination. I told her to stop pitching to me and listen to what I had to say about MFP but she kept cutting me off to talk about the cholesterol benefits of Plexus and how she hasn't had a soda in weeks, yadda yadda. Yeah, me either... and my bank account isn't crying because of it.

You're right though, this is just another reason for me to stick this out and keep up motivation. I CAN'T WAIT to post a before and after and call these dummies out!
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Geez, don't get me started on Plexus, Thrive, et al ... I had a FB friend that kept tagging me on Plexus because she thought I would do "fantastic" on it. Both she and I have ulcerative colitis and this stuff truly has helped her (good for her); while my condition is in remission (thank goodness), I did my due diligence on the products she was selling and there were several ingredients in them that I simply cannot have, unless I want my colitis to rear its ugly head. I have lived with the condition for years so I know what does and does not set my gut off. I told her that and you can imagine her "sales talk" trying to get me to buy. I finally just made a public FB post that all my friends, including her, could see, basically denouncing it, that it is not a product for everyone as they try to make it out to be. It has been several months now and all I hear are crickets from her corner of FB world :) ...

I wish more people would understand that there is no magic pill for weight loss. Only hard work and diligence will get you through. Do I take supplements? Sure do ... now I don't expect them to aid in weight loss but rather enhance my health. While the colitis is in remission, as with any other auto-immune disorder, others pop up and I deal daily with inflammation over my whole body. The supplements I take help deal with that naturally as well as my diet. I lost over 50 pounds over the course of a year through a totally rehabbed eating plan and cardio and weight training - no magic pill needed.