Porridge/Oatmeal

Options
13»

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    My absolute go to meal. Its cheap as well. Awesome stuff. Btw you lot that have it with water, I really dont know why.

Lol@ the cripplefight.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    When I make oats on the stove top just as I take it off the burner I'll whip in an egg white or the whole egg. Just keep whipping for a good minute.

Also that's good info on the slow release and why it doesn't keep me full very long. I wake up starving so I make a small quick bowl of 1/4 cup oats, 1/2 T of chia, frozen blueberries at the end and a drizzle of pure maple syrup. My favorite is to add PB but now I save that for my after work out shake.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal too but I don't like absolutes. And there's nothing wrong with any fruit, fructose or glucose, even the ones with fewer antioxidants.
  • Sch614
    Sch614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sydking wrote: »
    I went through a stage liking it, but eating sweet things for breakfast makes me feel sick and i always prefer something savory.

I like them with just water and salt then cooked for 15 min till very soft.

Otherwise il only eat for dessert

Actaully i much prefer quick cook oats, eaten raw like cereal, mix in some dessicated coconut and honey.
    Everyone thinks I'm strange for eating quick oats raw but I love mixing a bit of vanilla yogurt wth fresh berries and a few almonds with quick oats . or oats and raisins and cinnamon with quick oats and a little Yogurt ..and on and on! Ok now I'm hungry again!!