5'9 goal weight?

Replies

• PennyHartz
    PennyHartz Posts: 49 Member
    I'm closer to 5'10" and my goal is 153, simply because that would put me at 100 lbs. lost. I've been fluctuating between 165-169 for quite a few weeks and can't seem to find the same motivation to push myself further because I'm actually fairly happy with the way I look (at least with clothes on-ha!).
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    5'8 and am aiming for between 130 and 135, though honestly, as long as i reach a point where i feel freat and look great, i'll care less about the scale. i just know from past experiences i'm happiest in the 130s.
  • hncary
    hncary Posts: 176 Member
    I'm 5'9" I'm aiming for 150ish currently. I looked quite thin at that size and I really liked my body at that weight. For me (when I was this weight) my hip bones were pretty noticable and my stomach was flat, but I'm not sure how it will look after losing a large amount of weight so who knows what I'll want to do when I get around there. I still looked slim around 160-170 before as well, but I would prefer to be on the smaller side.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    5'8 and my comfy weight is 130
    If i get to 128 people act as if Im starving.....Im not a size 0 (size 6)
    I guess everyone holds it/wears it differently..you need to do what is comfy for you

kim

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited June 2015
    I'm 5"8 and maintaining at 140lbs
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    5'8 and my comfy weight is 130
    If i get to 128 people act as if Im starving.....Im not a size 0 (size 6)
    I guess everyone holds it/wears it differently..you need to do what is comfy for you

kim

Definitely. I'm a size 4, and have no desire to get any lower.

• Fitmum84
    Fitmum84 Posts: 6 Member
    I'm 5'11 and 145. When I was in senior high school I was 125 and looked sickly thin but I ate all the time and lots of junk food back then!! My highest was 165 after having my babies and while I wasn't considered overweight at that weight I certainly had a lot of squishy bits and I was not happy
  • PegMoffat
    PegMoffat Posts: 24 Member
    5'9" and maintaining at 153 - 155, since December 1st. Goal was to go from 176 to 160 but dropped a bit extra before my weight stabilized.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited June 2015
    You might want to look a little less at the scale and a bit more at body fat percentage:
    and it depends on your age...
    http://www.builtlean.com/2010/08/03/ideal-body-fat-percentage-chart/
    http://www.builtlean.com/2012/09/24/body-fat-percentage-men-women/
    Here's a good overview.
    I'm 5'8' small framed (by elbow epicondyle measurements) and 134 lbs.
  • malaikaerica
    malaikaerica Posts: 4 Member
    I'm 5'8 and right now I'm about 143 pounds. I'm aiming for 135. I've always been a small build though but a good amount of muscle growing up dancing. Lowest I'd want to be is probably 130 as I think that anything below owould be too skinny for me.
  • adnaram
    adnaram Posts: 44 Member
    Speaking of body fat- I found this site that figures out what you'd weigh at your ideal body fat % based on your current body fat and weight. pretty cool!

http://www.fat2fittools.com/tools/ibw/

According to this, if I can maintain my lean mass and I'm looking to be 25% body fat (where I'm confident I can maintain comfortably) I should shoot for 168.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    5'8 135lbs but everyone will carry their weight a little differently
  • smw9585
    smw9585 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm 5'9 too and have a goal set, at the moment, for 160. I'm around 195 now and was 175 when I got married and felt I looked much better in clothes. I'm so glad to hear from other women who have a similar issue...being tall and weighing in very high. Any time I tell someone my weight they are in disbelief that I weigh as much as I do. Medical health professionals included!
  • judiness101
    judiness101 Posts: 119 Member
    I'm 5'8 1/2 and my initial goal is 150. I'm at 185 now and I'm already starting to look better in clothes (down from 250 at my biggest). My face looks better too.

• ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    I'm 5'10 pushing 5'11 and my goal weight is 130. I reached that goal several years ago and felt great but managed to gain and am sitting at 140. I'm lifting this time around and the scale is barely moving so I am trying not to obsess about getting back to a certain number. Mainly focused on how my clothes fit. Easier said than done
  • Radory
    Radory Posts: 35 Member
    I'm 5'9" and quite heavier then most of you it seems. Right now my goal is to get down to 190. If once I hit that goal, I want to push for more, I will. Right now, after being obese literally my entire life, 190 would be a huge victory, lol. At this point, I don't know what my 190 body will look like, or what my composition will be when I get there.
  • Apud85
    Apud85 Posts: 74 Member
    I'm 5'10" and I felt my absolute best when I was 150 a couple of years ago, but I'm setting my goal around 160lbs. I'm currently 167 and started from 176 in the beginning of April.
  • rsylvester
    rsylvester Posts: 8 Member
    I'm 5'9"/5'10", and my goal weight is 145. I'm at 164 pounds and 37% body fat right now, and just started yesterday! According to the body fat calculator, if I want 25% body fat, I should shoot for 137 pounds.
  • ketowerdefense
    ketowerdefense Posts: 397 Member
    I'm 5'9, and my current goal is to get down to 168.8 (healthy BMI), but then my ultimate goal after that will be 159, which should be between 22-25% body fat.
  • specchillo
    specchillo Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 5'9" my goal for now is 180. I know doctors say for this height I should be at 160. When I did weigh that much I could fit my entire are through a roll of duct tape all the way to my shoulder and strangers would ask me if I had eating disorders. Rude! I enjoyed my body and the way closed looked on me when I was 180.
  • nicoleromine
    nicoleromine Posts: 92 Member
    I'm 5'9". Initially, my goal weight was 165, but I then changed it to 150, which is where I'm currently sitting. I just went through a bulk and cut. At the beginning of the bulk I was 150 and a size 8, at the end of the cut I'm back to 150 pounds but I'm shockingly a size 4. Body composition is so much more important than what you actually weigh, IMHO. Currently, I'm focused more on BF% than scale weight. I'm currently at about 24% and would like to get down to 20 or 21%.