A public acknowledgment and thanks for people who helped me succeed at this malarkey

Replies

• NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    And definitely @SergeantSausage for the lols. He always makes me laugh.
  • aliciamariaq
    aliciamariaq Posts: 272 Member
    Love this thread and agree with everyone mentioned. I hardly ever post but I have learned SO MUCH from you guys!
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    awwwww.

image.png

Signed for agreement, and kudos to you all
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited June 2015
    In addition to rabbitjb, these are the people who have stood out for being awesome in my 2 months of reading the forums every day:

@segacs
    @mamapeach910
    @NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    @snickerscharlie
    @MrM27
    @ndj1979
    @stevencloser
    Orphia wrote: »
    In addition to rabbitjb, these are the people who have stood out in my 2 months of reading the forums every day:

@segacs
    @mamapeach910
    @snickerscharlie
    @MrM27
    @ndj1979
    @stevencloser

I'm just here for the comedy factor. Although some people don't like to laugh! :lol:

I always smile when I see your avatar @Orphia ... It's such a positive one. :)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    In addition to rabbitjb, these are the people who have stood out in my 2 months of reading the forums every day:

@segacs
    @mamapeach910
    @snickerscharlie
    @MrM27
    @ndj1979
    @stevencloser

I'm just here for the comedy factor. Although some people don't like to laugh! :lol:

I always smile when I see your avatar @Orphia ... It's such a positive one. :)

Thanks! See my edit... you all stood out for being awesome! You're smart AND witty!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited June 2015
    87510-aww-shucks-thank-you-gif-Bashf-aDXf.gif
    Oh wow, I woke to shout outs. Totally humbled.

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    In addition to rabbitjb, these are the people who have stood out for being awesome in my 2 months of reading the forums every day:

@segacs
    @mamapeach910
    @snickerscharlie
    @MrM27
    @ndj1979
    @stevencloser

Thank you, I didn't expect to be named on here.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    I agree.

@segacs
    @mamapeach910
    @snickerscharlie
    @MrM27
    @ndj1979
    @stevencloser

Thank you, I didn't expect to be named on here.

@stevencloser You Sir are witty. We like witty ;)
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    There's a load of you sane, wonderful people who give your time and common sense. Some I just read, others I interact with but all I learn from

So even though I will forget a load of people, and I would really like others to acknowledge those who have helped them do this, here's my paltry shout out and thanks to

@Liftng4Lis ..lady you rock!
    @sijomial ...love your advice and warmth
    @mrm27...dude you know your stuff and you ain't afraid to say it
    @tincanonastring ...peep cleanse makes me roar
    @SideSteel , @Sarauk2sf ...goes without saying almost
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I don't post very often but I read all the posts I'm physically able to get through and I typically take the most away from @lemurcat12 posts :) so thank you for taking the time to respond thoughtfully and honestly in threads, I learn a lot from you!
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    I agree with the OP...I will add @ndj1979 just because I like his brand of no non-sense posting...and I have learned from all mentioned above as well...still learning...

All of the above. I un-learnt a lot of stuff through forums. So a big round of applause to all of them. Insert gif here.

• Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    I have been lurking since I came back here in March and only just started getting brave enough to start posting.
    I enjoy reading everyone's posts, I find a lot even entertaining at times! I find myself laughing at some(in a good way). :) I also lurked here back in 2013, but never got up the nerve to post. I think that actually posting and reading will help keep me on track this time!

@MrM27
    @rabbitjb
    @ndj1979
    @mamapeach910
    @lemurcat12
    @Sarasmaintaining
    @Sarauk2sf
    @usmcmp

Those are people I always look out for in posts! They know what they are talking about! :) There are more I'm sure. But those are the ones I can think of right now.

Aw, thanks :)

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,581 Member

@segacs
    @mamapeach910
    @snickerscharlie
    @MrM27
    @ndj1979
    @stevencloser

I was so surprised to see my name, here! I'm such a relative newbie to weight loss in general, and to MFP in particular. Thank you, Orphia!

<your cheque's in the mail>
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Speaking of people who dealt with "dem feels", how about some <3 for @herrspoons ?
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member

@segacs
    @mamapeach910
    @snickerscharlie
    @MrM27
    @ndj1979
    @stevencloser

Awww. Thank you! And right back atcha. You're awesome too.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited June 2015
    So I came into this thread to post my list of people who had helped me and then I got side tracked with MrM.

I know I don't post a lot and I haven't interacted a lot with the people on my list, but I have learned a great deal from lurking and reading many of your posts.

@SideSteel
    @SezxyStef
    @MrM27
    @ndj1979
    @usmcmp

....and I'm sure I'm missing people.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    I know we've derailed a little bit, so I wanted to bring it back a bit.

I want to say, there's several users who aren't even on my FL, and some now that are (because I'm a chicken when adding people and shy about it for some reason) that offered me heartfelt congratulations and well wishes when I had my baby in January. It really gave me "dem feels". I felt so accepted and cared for, I can't even express it properly. It really made me feel that there are some truly great and wonderful people on MFP. I really appreciate that, and I think it's something that will stick with me forever. It's a shame those messages get lost in the inbox feature of MFP.

So, thank you, MFP community. Thank you for being caring (in all forms). Truly, it's wonderful to be a part of.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    edited June 2015
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    There's certainly some great, knowledgeable, successful, and even blunt members on MFP, all of which I've gleaned some information from and highly respect. Some of them being on this list :)

For me, those people have been
    @trogalicious
    @MrM27
    @MB_Positif
    @usmcmp
    @Sarauk2sf

There's more that I'm probably forgetting, as there's so many stand up folks, I'm not sure I could name them all. :)

Thank you @Ninkyou

I'll have to add to this later!!!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I know we've derailed a little bit, so I wanted to bring it back a bit.

I want to say, there's several users who aren't even on my FL, and some now that are (because I'm a chicken when adding people and shy about it for some reason) that offered me heartfelt congratulations and well wishes when I had my baby in January. It really gave me "dem feels". I felt so accepted and cared for, I can't even express it properly. It really made me feel that there are some truly great and wonderful people on MFP. I really appreciate that, and I think it's something that will stick with me forever. It's a shame those messages get lost in the inbox feature of MFP.

So, thank you, MFP community. Thank you for being caring (in all forms). Truly, it's wonderful to be a part of.

Well, she is the cutest baby ever (outside of my niece), and you're obviously an excellent mom to her and your other one. You deserve all the love.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    59187949.jpg
This discussion has been closed.