• Boominati
    Boominati Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    lifting for males...cardio for females
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Ariana876 wrote: »
    Sex is really great cardio. Sweaty, racing heart, and out of breath. Any idea how many calories are burned so that I can log it?

None of my sessions last long enough for me to burn much, so I don't log it.

Haha. #lazyhusbandburn #seriousthough
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I'm sorry that this isn't included in your regular activity level.

I actually snorted.
  • Cronniss
    Cronniss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    This thead makes me wish I could go visit my ex. (We split amicably & we're still friends....she just had to move to another state to follow her career goals, otherwise we'd probably still be together.)

I'm in way better shape now than when we were dating....and when we were dating we would have 3 to 4 hour "work out sessions" where neither of us could move afterwards. It does make one wonder what the calorie burn would be like....especially with one as adventurous as she.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    You look "young" how old are you?!?
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    2samsmith wrote: »
    Even riding lawn mower is in there

Never heard of the Riding the Lawn Mower Position, please tell us more.

Darn there I am in the gutter again.
  • dmonaghan909
    dmonaghan909 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    2samsmith wrote: »
    Hah! I also searched for this. Not sure why it's not in the catalogue of exercise. Even riding lawn mower is in there o.0

Sure a lawn mower can't be as much fun though!! Haha
  • granturismo
    granturismo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    2BeHappy2 wrote: »
    You look "young" how old are you?!?

OP's age is listed on her profile.
  • Ariana876
    Ariana876 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Why are people always trying to count sex as cardio? :| OP, if you are in such desperate need for additional calories to eat, then you might need to re-evaluate your goals. Eat less or do more actual exercise (and that's coming from someone who's really flexible with what I include as exercise). Just consider whatever calories you do burn from sex as a bonus deficit.

Side note, certain positions *cough* are a great thigh workout if done with a proper amount of vigor. So there's that.

I like the way you think
  • Ariana876
    Ariana876 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Sex is really great cardio. Sweaty, racing heart, and out of breath. Any idea how many calories are burned so that I can log it?

Add it to your exercise. Wear a HRM chest strap to get accurate results. Can also be used as a toy
  • vypressme
    vypressme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Sex is really great cardio

Yes, yes it is... I believe we have this machine at our gym, right between the treadmill and the stationary.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Going to reiterate, you can always try to track with this, not sure if it will have MFP integration:
    Lovely, The Wearable Sex Tracker, Is A Fitbit For Your *****
    The Lovely, a "smart" sex toy, fits around the **** and tracks sexual activity -- from calories burned, to number of thrusts, to the intensity of intercourse. A smartphone app measures these and other data sets before recommending new sex positions "to help you have even better sex next time," the Indiegogo page reads.
    *Not sure what MFP board might censor, so beat them to it.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    vypressme wrote: »

Yes, yes it is... I believe we have this machine at our gym, right between the treadmill and the stationary.
    Must be one expensive gym.

• vypressme
    vypressme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    vypressme wrote: »

Must be one expensive gym.

They have all the best apparatus.
  • Sweetiepiestef
    Sweetiepiestef Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Rax1974 wrote: »
    I actually put my heart rate monitor on one time. I took it off after it lapped 3 times lol.

Ok seriously I think it was around 250 calories but it was a....uhhhhhh....well...good session? I think it would have been even more if my wife had been there.

This just made me laugh out loud at work! Good job!
  • GeekdGirl
    GeekdGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Didn't read all the posts... has someone already mentioned you don't count sex as exercise if it's a regular activity (akin to cleaning house and laundry)? :*:D Naughty... <3
  • vadersaysno
    vadersaysno Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Wear a heart rate monitor during.
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    2.5 minutes of strenuous activity doesn't really count, sorry.

I almost miss the days of driving to a hotel and doing nothing but having sex for 2 days straight.

^^^This is the only time I log it. :wink: