PSA: Eat all of your Calories even if it is Late

Options
Two days ago I had a very busy day with little time to eat. I nibbled on things here and there but I never sat down for a meal. It was bout 10PM when I reviewed my calorie intake, and noticed that I was short on my daily intake goal by 400 calories. 0_o. That could explain why I was weak, but I was also tired...so I went to bed instead. I could have eaten a cheese stick, hand ful of almonds, and peice of fruit...but no I went to sleep like a baby.
Then I woke up.
Yesterday was HELL!!! I was hungry ALL DAY. That kind of hungry where you want to your arm off. It didn't subside until I ate 4 small chicken legs (should have weighed them to see how much meat I ate..but I didn't).
That said, PLEASE whatever you do save yourself from self cannibalism and EAT your calories even it is 10PM at night and you just want to go to sleep. Your body will thank you!

Replies

• Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You can also look at your calories and go by the weekly deficit and eat some (or all) of those leftover calories the next day.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Nope just eat them over the week

• amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I sometimes come out under and sometimes come out over...I dont see the point in stuffing myself if I am not hungry just to meet a goal.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I love the tip of going by the week. I had never even thought of that and it's a great tool to have.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    You're not the boss of me.

But really, I've found that my level of eating one day has no bearing on how hungry I am the next. I could have a big meal just before bed and wake up ready to eat a zebra or I could stop eating at 6pm and not even want breakfast the next day.
    However, the day after a heavy lifting day (leg day, back day, chest day...) is 95% likely to be a "give me 20 roasted chickens, a pit smoked hog, a side of beef and a dozen ears of grilled corn with two cheesecakes for dessert" kind of day.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,922 Member
    Options
    Denise - when you were short on your daily intake goal by 400 calories, did that include exercise calories? I generally leave hundreds of exercise calories on the table.

But ya, if you feel weak from lack of food, eat.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    I had 400 calories left over yesterday. I'll probably eat them today at my kid's end-of-school picnic. It all works out in the end.
  • Indigoblu1
    Indigoblu1 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I don't/can't do that. If I am under by 400 calories by the time I go to sleep, then I am under by 400 calories. It doesn't matter to me. Like others, I cannot eat when I am not hungry. I would rather be under than over. The next day is a new day. If I am weak, then I will have something in the morning. But, I guess it's an individual preference.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I don't react like that on a few hundred calories more or less, maybe I'm just lucky.

(What's PSA?)
  • Sued0nim
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I think it means public service announcement

Btw you know the app has really useful weekly charts ..mine is set to rolling 7 days

jfdl0sdgkv3v.jpg
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Thank you, rabbitjb. (Googled, but confused).
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    That doesn't seem like a lot of calories to turn you canabalistic the next day! Sure it wasn't something else? Hell I end almost every day with a deficit (in the red net) some days and yea sure I'm hungry in the morning but I'm not raveneous! Everyone is different I suppose. But like others have said, I'm not going to eat just because of a number. Eat when you're hungry. Stop when you're full.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Gym makes me ravenous next day
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I think it means public service announcement

Btw you know the app has really useful weekly charts ..mine is set to rolling 7 days

jfdl0sdgkv3v.jpg
    Shame that's not available to us pleebs who are stuck using the PC version.
    xh2yml58mdya.png

• Sued0nim
    Options
    I know the PC version pisses me orf ...it needs the average bar and the weekly under number...so much easier
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    for sure...

Ran last tuesday and did DL...wednesday was not a nice day...starved.

to the OP I hear you...I wasn't hungry but my lifts suffered...after a weekend of being busy...I was lethargic etc.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    why would I want to eat 400 calories right before bed time????
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Or... I think to myself 400 calories for the weekend. Score!
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options

I had been swimming

• Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Or... I think to myself 400 calories for the weekend. Score!

Me too. Some days I'm just not hungry, period. I think I ate something like 1,100 calories yesterday. While that is pretty rare I know the next day I'll be bumping up to my goal even with exercise. It's just how it goes for me.