3000+ Calories a day - Eating plan

Options

Replies

• Kestrelwings
    Kestrelwings Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I get through 3,000 easy, just wish it would build me more muscle. Lots of snacking & eat lots just before bed. Seems to all add up.
  • rgrz82
    rgrz82 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just started my 3000 cal bulk. Homemade weight gainer before bed @ 1000 cal helps make eating the other 2 throughout the day easier.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »
    draznyth wrote: »
    lol eat one "average" fast food meal and you're at 1k-1.5k calories already amirite

That would depend on the fast food place in question. McDonalds no. Burger King, yes, especially their double bacon cheeseburger.

double quarter pounder w/ cheese bruh

SUPA SIZE DAT

even just a single quarter pounder with cheese is ~500 cal iirc, add large fries and that's 1k

idk I never eat at McD's anymore so those cals may be off
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    Just eat a third of what this guy eats and you'll be fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f7DvyBwgPo

I can't imagine his monthly food budget...
  • greekyogurtandpuppies
    greekyogurtandpuppies Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Try to split the 3000 up to 5 or 6 meals. They'll be much more manageable.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    lol eat one "average" fast food meal and you're at 1k-1.5k calories already amirite
    i kno right :P
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

eating fried meals is a great way to spike ur calories too :P
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 515 Member
    Options

That would depend on the fast food place in question. McDonalds no. Burger King, yes, especially their double bacon cheeseburger.

SUPA SIZE DAT

even just a single quarter pounder with cheese is ~500 cal iirc, add large fries and that's 1k

Neither do I. Awful food. However that double bacon cheeseburger in Burger King can become an extra large one if you are really after a lot of calories or a not thinking right as you have had one too many drinks on a night out!!
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options

SUPA SIZE DAT

Neither do I. Awful food. However that double bacon cheeseburger in Burger King can become an extra large one if you are really after a lot of calories or a not thinking right as you have had one too many drinks on a night out!!

haha man I know the feels

last time I went downtown for some heavy drinking, one buddy said we should walk over to Whataburger. no turning that down
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 515 Member
    Options

SUPA SIZE DAT

haha man I know the feels

last time I went downtown for some heavy drinking, one buddy said we should walk over to Whataburger. no turning that down

Sure the burger is full of protein, the chips/fries are full of carbs and both are good for us;)
  • irongrinder
    irongrinder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    check out Jim Stopani's shortcut to size program on bodybuilding.com it's a 12 week program and it's free, I'm 5'9, 185-189 lbs, can't break 190, I eat over 3000 calories a day eat of clean food plus suppliments, my goal is 3780, I've been doing this program for 3 days now. hope I get the gains I want.
  • irongrinder
    irongrinder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    why eat so many calories to bulk up and what you mean by bulk? please explain :)

bulk = gain mass
  • keithcw_the_first
    keithcw_the_first Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I did the "peanut butter sandwiched between two pop tarts" thing for breakfast.

Then oats with peanut butter, whey and agave for snack.

Lunch was ???? but often two chick-fil-a sandwiches; about 1,000 calories and 40 or 50 grams of protein.

Afternoon snack was a PB&J.

Dinner was a regular-person dinner, but probably with a glass of milk.

Dessert would be whatever combination of whey, cottage cheese and peanut butter I needed to hit my macros and calories.

TL;DR Peanut Butter
  • zz0413
    zz0413 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am most successful at hitting my 3300 calorie goal when I start with a big (and fast) breakfast. It helps make sure I'm not "catching up" all day.

-1 cup milk
    -1 packet "carnation breakfast essentials" for flavor/nutrients
    -1 large banana
    -1 peanut butter (ranges from 1/4 to 1/3 cup).

^blend together and starts my day off with 750-850 calories. May be difficult to drink this much on some days but gets easier.

I save my whey shakes for after workout. They're expensive so I was trying to find a way to make my own shake with groceries I had. There you go.

Disclaimer: Lots of PB does spike your fat macros early in the day, if you care about that sort of thing.
  • Sheblak10
    Sheblak10 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I use optimum nutrition mass gainer to get me to +3000kcal. on a clean bulk as well.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Is this really even an issue? "Clean" food or "dirty" food it is not difficult to eat 3000 calories. I have to plan my day, every day, in order to ensure I stay below 3000; especially when I'm lifting heavy. You're a big dude that is (presumably) lifting heavy and often. 3000 should go down like nothing.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I could be 50lbs heavier in 6 months the reason I'm not is I quit eating 20-24 ounce Ribeyes, potatoes, and Ranch every night and I'm down 50lbs this past year. I managed a steak house it was free..
  • kevinbruno222
    kevinbruno222 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sheblak10 wrote: »
    I use optimum nutrition mass gainer to get me to +3000kcal. on a clean bulk as well.

How is SERIOUS MASS working for you. Im thinking of trying it

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

So mass gainer is 'clean' then? :huh: :noway:
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

So mass gainer is 'clean' then? :huh: :noway:

I always thought a clean bulk referred to a 250 calorie surplus?! mywholelifeisalie :/