I need help ASAP

Options

Replies

• 2009jewellz
    2009jewellz Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I will look for your group. I wanna support ya. And I added you.
  • 2009jewellz
    2009jewellz Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Pocket, where the group?
  • andreamulhall
    andreamulhall Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have no advice that someone else hasn't already said , just wanted to say welcome , your in the right place :smiley: good luck you'll surprise yourself :smile:
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful photo of both of you!

• thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    How are your first few days going?
    I've always found the first 3 days to be the hardest. Once I gut my way through it, my tummy feels a bit flatter and that helps motivate me. Also, not eating crap gives me more energy to continue on the journey.

You CAN do this!
  • Storytella100
    Storytella100 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much
  • filmguyuk
    filmguyuk Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to give you a shout out. I was in a similar situation as you and just kept thinking tomorrow would come and I might think differently. Mindset is really important but here's some things I felt helped me. Get yourself a fitness tracker of some sort. I use a Fitbit but there's lots of different ones. This started to get me feeling competitive about myself and besting myself each day. I also started walking every day. To the shops, to work, you name it and I'd walk it. I was just so surprised by how much better I felt, it's also a great way to turn off your mind and thoughts. Get some good music on some headphones and give it a go. I had taken my 3 sons to a theme park and they had struggled to close a ride harness on me. It was so uncomfortable I had to get off. It was embarrassing and demoralising but it also was the kick I needed to start undoing the damage I'd done to myself.

Set aside some money with a view of going back in 6 months and get on those ride!. My last bit of advice is sparkling water. For me it's like my cheat. I was never a big fizzy drink guy but also never drank enough water. Sparking water is great as it contains natural minerals your body needs, the fizz element helps fill you up also. I'd have several glasses throughout the day and these would help stave off hunger. Gradually I found that as I lost weight my appetite reduced so it worked really well, my confidence + determination grew and it's weird but your will power will get stronger and stronger.

Ultimately be kind to yourself, yes you've caused this but your now admitting there's a problem and your working to fix it. Be sensible and try and keep light hearted about it. You've got the power to turn it around, also you need to think that you need to go steady to allow your body to recover constantly. I wish you the best and here's to that return visit to Legoland!

• NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I really don't have anything constructive to say that hasn't already been said, I just wanted to chime in and say your son is damn adorable, and well done for deciding to make a change and I wish you all the best :)
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    If you overeat for a meal or make a bad choice don't say beck with it and blow the whole day. Just mske the next right choice. You didn't gain the weight quickly and you won't lose it quickly. To keep it off you have to make significant changes in your lifestyle. You can do it.
  • Storytella100
    Options
    Thanks again guys
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just got caught up on your thread. How have things been so far?
  • Storytella100
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    PopeyeCT wrote: »
    Also, you're son looks awesome. I'll bet he's a total babe magnet.
    He is but I'm just really shy when it comes to Women

That'll be easier to overcome once the weight starts coming off.

You're really tall, and that is almost always considered attractive to women.

Plus, your posts on this thread exude warmth and sensitivity, which have probably always attracted people to you in the most positive way.

Look how many people on the site have come out to wish you well, offer advice and cheer you on!

You're off to a great start and you'll be looking like a million bucks in a year's time if you don't give up.

So don't!

And I agree. Your son is really adorable looking. Just wait. In the near future you can show him the before and after pics!

Best regards to you and your bright future PocketAces.

Wow you amazing thank you very much
  • Storytella100
    Options
    Gska17 wrote: »
    Hi, I just got caught up on your thread. How have things been so far?

Thank you for asking they been ok ups and downs but I'm trying my best to stay focused
  • Storytella100
    Options
    Everything's been going great just got my food scale in the mail now I'm off to learn how to use it. Thanks to @BZAH10 for sending me one. It's all been such an amazing process and very loving people. Thanks again guys for believing in me even when I didn't really believe in my self.
  • janiep81
    janiep81 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Are you using the MFP app? It's so helpful for me to have it right there to track.

I agree with the advice to eat real food - whole food! I promise that you'll feel better eating whole food instead of processed stuff.

And walking RULES! I love lots of kinds of exercise, but walking is the best thing. You can do it anywhere, its free, and its effective.
  • eDonatti
    eDonatti Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    So how is it going? :)
  • Storytella100
    Options
    Really good I got a new job today vc06l09njia7.jpg
  • librarydebster
    librarydebster Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You are doing a great thing by looking after yourself. Focus on the positives. Keep those feet moving.
  • vixmurphy
    vixmurphy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! As other users mentioned its a long road and not an easy one - BUT IT WILL BE WORTH IT! The thing that helped me is to make it a habit. The first month will be the hardest - after that the behaviors that you have in place will become habit and it will be easier.

The best diet is one you can stick to, start with small changes and keep integrating them for example; Step 1; Introduce more whole foods replacing any processed foods, Step 2; eliminate the bad foods, Step 3; learn about portion sizes! (i was shocked when i learnt what size actual portions are!) Step 4: calorie restriction & macros.

You will get there! :)