HOW MUCH DO YOU EXERCISE??

Options
I usually go the gym every day after wrk and burn at least 600 calories...do you guys think i should cut it down to only 3 or 4 times a week instead of 5...or to see great results I need to stick to my mon thro friday routine? The more opinions the better :)

Replies

• Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I do 5 high intensity workouts, 1 yoga class and have one rest day per week. I don't feel the need for more than one full rest day, but everyone is different. Just listen to your body. If you're burnt out, then workout less.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I workout 5 days a week. 2 days weights+cardio, 2 days cardio, 1 day yoga is what I generally do.
  • PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I try to hit an exercise goal of at least a thousand calories a day.

But your "great results" depends on what your goals are and how many calories you eat and what sort of exercise you are doing.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I train six days a week most of the time. I do have deload weeks regularly where my volume drops massively, but a normal day is two hours of lifting.

I am a competitive powerlifter, before I started, I was training 4-5 days a week for about an hour a day.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I usually train about 5x a week. As a rule I do an hour of intense activity and then I am active the rest of the day through a lot of walking and commuting via bicycle.
  • skiclimbdive
    skiclimbdive Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I usually work out 3 days/week for about 3 hours each of those days.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,899 Member
    Options
    Something every day. :)

Walk 30 min (approx. 100 cal)
    Cycle 1 hour (approx. 400 cal)
    Climb the stairs to work twice (approx. 60 cal)

So far it has been something out of that list ... or more ... every day.
  • ChiffonLaRue14
    ChiffonLaRue14 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    At least 600-700 calories worth every day. Alternating cardio and cardio plus weight-training. Baby steps :)
  • alejandro_08
    alejandro_08 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If you are truly strength training, and not for any sport ie sport specific training, and you stick to compound movements you should only be at the gym the most 45 mins. And if your there any longer "working out" with weights your not training hard enough, and if you got the energy to go the next day and do more than then the day before you really weren't training hard enough. Unless you like being at the gym you really only need to weight train 2-3 times a week, unless your doing a break in training which is a whole other topic!
  • teresa_garcia29
    teresa_garcia29 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    3 days a week cardio and 3 days a week strength training.... will that work??
  • jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Rest days are as important as workout days, imo. I have ramped up considerably for a specific event, but I currently do weight training every other day (compound movements) and plyometric type workouts on the non-weight training days. I do have a rest day at least once a week... two if I feel like I may be over-training. My workouts rarely go over 1 hour (not counting practices).

The important thing is that it's *maintainable*, something that won't burn you out.