Hardest Food to Give up?

Options
Eating healthier has been quite a challenge! What foods do you guys miss the most?
Mine are:

1. Cheeseburgers! Particularly the Western Bacon Cheeseburger from Carl's Jr, which, if you guys don't know, is a cheeseburger with bacon (duh) and barbecue sauce and delicious crispy onion rings! Oh my god, just thinking about it makes me drool! It's so juicy and meaty and delicious! YUMM. I MISS YOU BACON CHEESEBURGER :)

2. Fries! Again, from Carl's Jr. The Crisscut fries that are so thick and flavorful. My God, I'm craving them so much right now! Why must they be so unhealthy?!

3.Chocolate Chip Cookies! Probably my favorite food ever! I've got the biggest sweet tooth. And those healthy alternatives just won't do. Haha, if I can't have the real thing, I won't have any at all!

So, what are your top 3 favorite foods that you miss? I know there are healthy alternatives to almost everything, but I mean which foods that are unhealthy (but oh-so-yummy!) do you miss? It'll be fun to see what you guys come up with :)

Replies

• azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    hmmmm not sure really. I dont eat a lot of the foods I used to love. Its like I dont care about them anymore. Only every now and then do I crave them, like twice a year, and I just eat a small bit and I am good for awhile.

But I will say this....I LOVE hot wings, and I dont care how bad they are...I will NEVER give them up lol
  • snickerpants
    snickerpants Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Beer. Oh beer.
    The cause of...and solution to...all the world's problems.
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    haha, that is so true! I do indulge in a margarita or mai tai every now and then, though.
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    1. Skyline chili - I've opted for the lower calorie options there - still pretty high and loaded with sodium, but if I plan my day right I can fit it in and not feel too guilty...

2. Cookies - caved to my sweet tooth 2 weeks ago, mainly due to my girls begging me to make some, but I logged every one of them, plus limited my intake. I have been pretty good about not having them though, but the more you put off the craving the worse it tends to be, so I just try to add it into my gameplan for the day.

3. Coca Cola - used to drink 3-4 a day. Gave it up slowly, quit drinking them in January, I think it was about mid-February decided to have one - it tasted so nasty and sweet to me that I haven't had any soft drinks since - not even diet. My alternatives are tea with Splenda or an occasional sweet or half sweet tea, Vitamin Water or other types of flavored waters.
  • Achlys101
    Achlys101 Posts: 44
    Options
    Ice cream and chocolate syrup !!!!
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    PASTA...NUFF SAID
  • Mando55
    Mando55 Posts: 140
    Options
    Hangar 24 and peanut butter.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Not a damn thing!!! I'll take moderation of any favorite food before I'll feel deprived :bigsmile:
  • Alaranio
    Alaranio Posts: 75
    Options
    1. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!!!

2. Soda

3. Oreos and whole milk
  • mum2littledove
    mum2littledove Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    White bread toast, with lashings of butter. And pasta. I guess they're not so bad really, so I can occassionally indulge without totally blowing my allowance, but when I smell the toast in the morning it can be torture to resist.
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Wow, living in Sacramento makes it tough to eat right. There's too much good stuff there. I'm visiting my family there next week & will be hard pressed to not screw up too bad. I've already planned all the places I HAVE to go while I'm out...

Jimboy's Tacos
    In & Out Burger
    Round Table Pizza
    Hof Brau on Watt (used to be Sam's) The best ever!

Since I've moved to a small town in western NY without any of those choices, it's much easier to stay in & make healthier food. But I'm definitely looking forward to falling off the wagon (hopefully not too far) next week!
  • KaironAndTaviansMommy
    KaironAndTaviansMommy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    my top 3 would be

1.) Papa Johns Meat Lovers Pizza... mmmm the cheesy and meaty-ness of it are AMAZING!!!
    2.) The Bacon Cheese Whataburger- oh my gosh... its the BEST burger EVER!!!! along with Whataburger fries with Whataburger Ketchup- Man... those have to be the BEST fries in the whole entire world!
    and
    3.) The steak finger basket with Jalitos from DQ... mmmmhmmm the jalapeno-y goodness with ranch and the steak fingers with gravy... oohhh...

I love those foods.. and sometimes make sure to work extra hard so I can still have them... but its VERY VERY VERY...VERY rare..lol
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    Not a damn thing!!! I'll take moderation of any favorite food before I'll feel deprived :bigsmile:

I like the way you think!
  • kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    doritos & tomato basil potato chips... LOL!!! every time i go to the store i want em! tonight i was wantin taco bell & oreos... not nec. togtether LMAO
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    top 3 would have to be

5 guys french fries
    spagetti
    and chinese food...
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options

I am with you on that one :)
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    french fries, soda (although now that its been over a year and a half its fine) and nutella for me!
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    Wow, living in Sacramento makes it tough to eat right. There's too much good stuff there. I'm visiting my family there next week & will be hard pressed to not screw up too bad. I've already planned all the places I HAVE to go while I'm out...

Jimboy's Tacos
    In & Out Burger
    Round Table Pizza
    Hof Brau on Watt (used to be Sam's) The best ever!

Since I've moved to a small town in western NY without any of those choices, it's much easier to stay in & make healthier food. But I'm definitely looking forward to falling off the wagon (hopefully not too far) next week!

Oh my God, I forgot about In & Out! It's soooooo delicious! Good luck on not over-indulging when you're here! :)
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options

That's what I like the best about using MFP. I'm still eating what I like, but this is great for helping me control the amount.
  • Pamkat
    Pamkat Posts: 1
    Options
    SWEETS!! especially my boyfriend's homemade carrot cake...sighhh...(drool) 2. Poutine from A & W which I indulged in often while pregnant (putting me in this mess in the first place!) and 3. homemade mac and cheese! mmmmm....Im going to have all three the day I reach my goal weight :):):)