Goal 2: Accomplished

Options
Machka9
Machka9 Posts: 24,859 Member
I joined MFP on Feb 17, 2015. Three months ago. When I joined, I had several goals.

Goat 1: I wanted to be able to get back into a certain waterproof-breathable cycling jacket. I bought that jacket in 2011, and it fit me nicely then. But by 2012 it had started to become a little bit snug ... and by mid-2014, I couldn't zip it up anymore. I debated about buying a new jacket in a larger size, but the prices of these particular jackets has gone up. Not cheap. So I figured that it might be less expensive to lose weight.

About a month ago, I started wearing that jacket comfortably again. :)

Goal 2: Get back into a Normal BMI range.

Yesterday, I dropped into the Normal BMI range for my height. :) 12 kg down!!

Replies

• penelopepittstopsmam
    penelopepittstopsmam Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you - well done on becoming healthy.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Excellent!
  • Machka9
    Options
    Thanks! :)

Next up ... a push to lose as much as I can on a net 1250 cal/day diet by mid-June. :)
  • Machka9
    Options
    Goal 3: I am where I wanted to be by mid-June. I have successfully lost 15 kg (33 lb) in 16 weeks. :)

I may decide to drop lower than this, but not right away ... I'll give it a month or so and then decide.
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You are so goal oriented it makes me smile and i am very happy for you! Those are big things to strive for and you achieved it!
    Congratulations !!!
  • Machka9
    Options
    You are so goal oriented it makes me smile and i am very happy for you! Those are big things to strive for and you achieved it!
    Congratulations !!!

Thanks!

And I am goal oriented. I'm the type of person who needs the goals to keep going with something or to have the motivation to do something. Without goals, life just seems to meander along ... and next thing you know, you've gained 30 lbs. :)

But it's not just weight loss, I'm like that with exercise and further education too. :smiley:

• MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I think it s all about going forward ! Here s to our individual journey!
  • Machka9
    Options
    I think it s all about going forward ! Here s to our individual journey!

Absolutely! :smiley:

• Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I joined MFP on Feb 17, 2015. Three months ago. When I joined, I had several goals.

Goat 1: I wanted to be able to get back into a certain waterproof-breathable cycling jacket. I bought that jacket in 2011, and it fit me nicely then. But by 2012 it had started to become a little bit snug ... and by mid-2014, I couldn't zip it up anymore. I debated about buying a new jacket in a larger size, but the prices of these particular jackets has gone up. Not cheap. So I figured that it might be less expensive to lose weight.

About a month ago, I started wearing that jacket comfortably again. :)

Goal 2: Get back into a Normal BMI range.

Yesterday, I dropped into the Normal BMI range for my height. :) 12 kg down!!

And a year later ...

Not only have I maintained the loss and have remained within my my Normal BMI range for a year ... I've lost more! For the last 6 months or so, I've been maintaining about 25 kg down from my peak weight. :)

• julie2038
    julie2038 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    That's great. Maintaining your loss is a huge success story
  • Tanukiko
    Tanukiko Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Great work!!! You inspire me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!